PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Tonight - TROY vs #17 Miss St.

ksdtrojan
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Go TROJANS!

Game Preview by Drew

Trojans hit the road for game at No. 17 Mississippi State
(http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2011/dec/09/trojans-hit-road-game-no-17-mississippi-state-ar-2838314/)

TroyTrojans2003
12-10-2011, 12:56 PM
for those of you watching at home I found the game on Direct TV on channel #649! enjoy because its in HD too!

Da Scout
12-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Troy is just too small, this might get ugly.

CHughes1102
12-10-2011, 04:39 PM
This game is sad. And that's a major understatement.

trojanchad
12-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Glad this one isn't on national tv. MSU can't miss. We can't get the 3's to fall.

tenaciousT
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
MSU already has 8 3's in the first half.

We needed at least that many i the 1st half if we hoped to compete with these guys!

I don't see MSU losing too many games this year.

tenaciousT
12-10-2011, 05:33 PM
defense is starting to play sloppy. it is getting VERY U_G_L_Y.

they have shot 15/27 from 3 (57%)

we have shot 7/29 from 3 (24%)

Like i said, ugly game.

Enjoy Troy
12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Live by the 3 you die by the 3! I'd rather see the team loose like this now rather than later. Of course this game was really to prepare the team for conference but no one wants to loose by that margin. We gotta give MSU there credit they are a very good team this year. They have all of the pieces inside and out. If we hit our shots it is a more competitive game, but it just did not happen. I am interested to see if when we get into a shooting slump if the guys start driving the ball to the rack and/or step inside the 3 point line. I haven't seen a lot of penatration and when I do see it I don't see the players cutting to the hole making themselves availabe for a pass for a layup. Trojans gotta grow from this and continue to get better that's what it is all about. Thursday will be even more of a challenge because Belmont plays exceptional defense. This is a young team, hopefully this will make them work harder and grow closer.

Da Scout
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree enjoy, when looking at the schedule the miss st and belmont game are the only games that I thought troy couldn't compete. They have a better shot at belmont but it will be tough. Miss st has 3 nba players so wasn't expecting much. The team played hard and never gave up. This team is still learning how to play with each other, and will be successful once conference play starts. Troy really needs to get some size. I wish the freshmen bigs that are redshirting would get thrown in there now.

redwaver
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I agree enjoy, when looking at the schedule the miss st and belmont game are the only games that I thought troy couldn't compete. They have a better shot at belmont but it will be tough. Miss st has 3 nba players so wasn't expecting much. The team played hard and never gave up. This team is still learning how to play with each other, and will be successful once conference play starts. Troy really needs to get some size. I wish the freshmen bigs that are redshirting would get thrown in there now.
Where on earth is Belmont? Why in the world should we not be able to play against teams most have never heard of. I can see the best in the SEC, ACC, etc. but Belmont? Don't we have as much to offer to athletes as they do?

troyaluminmichigan
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Nashville

CHughes1102
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Where on earth is Belmont? Why in the world should we not be able to play against teams most have never heard of. I can see the best in the SEC, ACC, etc. but Belmont? Don't we have as much to offer to athletes as they do?

Ummm.....

Belmont could probably compete well in the ACC.

Enjoy Troy
12-14-2011, 12:42 AM
FAU nearly upset MSU.....that poses a question. What is the difference? They lost, we lost but we just didn't hit our shots. We will have days like that. The other thing was defense, I am not sure how our guys match up with anyone man to man. I do know that when a team gets behind being able to play more aggressive defense and get turnovers can change the momentum and help to get some easy baskets. I can see that the players just had there hands tied. The flip side is it can also help the other team increase the lead. Non conference is just a better time to find what you can do and cannot do before conference begins...... "Release the Trojans" :bounce012::eatdrink004:

MTSU beat Belmont..... I hope if we fall behind we get aggressive and experiiment with some different looks defensively, lets see if it will be a strength or weakness. MTSU is for real this year but real teams can be beat also.