PDA

View Full Version : Does Rowell help coach the womens basketball team

TrojanFan2
12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok just a joke but if there was ever a need to look at poor performance of a Troy coach it would be the women's basketball team. When was our last winning season? We don't lose close we get blown out every game

bft
12-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Coach Rowell would be an upgrade for the women's program. One win, a SWAC game, might be the only win for season. I give Murphy credit he knows he is no good he tried to schedule wins. Have you seen this Schedule?? Sunbelt looks overall better if you could throw us out! Don't give me this young and injury excuse anymore every Mid to low D1 women's program in America (are we America or Australia) has injuries. Fire this guy and get someone who can get the job done!!

Hemi Man
12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Coach Rowell would be an upgrade for the women's program. One win, a SWAC game, might be the only win for season. I give Murphy credit he knows he is no good he tried to schedule wins. Have you seen this Schedule?? Sunbelt looks overall better if you could throw us out! Don't give me this young and injury excuse anymore every Mid to low D1 women's program in America (are we America or Australia) has injuries. Fire this guy and get someone who can get the job done!!

Why are you against the Australian players? Some of our best players in womens basketball and softball have been from Australia.

CHughes1102
12-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Why are you against the Australian players? Some of our best players in womens basketball and softball have been from Australia.

Just because a few girls have shined on this crap we call a Women's Basketball team doesn't mean anything. Hell I'm sure a blind girl could be good on our team.

nstalker42
12-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm sure any of the girls on the team could smash you in basketball CHughes... go find something other than the Aussies to complain about.

trojanbrutha
12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm sure any of the girls on the team could smash you in basketball CHughes... go find something other than the Aussies to complain about.

:laughing021:

CHughes1102
12-22-2011, 09:29 PM

I have no problems with any Australian players. Hell if they are good I wouldn't mind having them fill the roster.

Hemi Man
12-22-2011, 10:24 PM

Oh don't worry Chughes never runs out of things to complain about.

CHughes1102
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh don't worry Chughes never runs out of things to complain about.

You like running your mouth eh?

bft
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Not against Aussies we have had some good players from down under through the years I even remember Sam Tomlinson. We just need a coach who knows a good player from a bad one. No matter what country or state they or from. This guy would screw up U/Conn or Tenn. talent! He has to be the only guy in DI who has kept a job with his record.

Hemi Man
12-22-2011, 10:37 PM
You like running your mouth eh?

Truth hurts huh?

:taunt003:

dgoebel
12-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Not a basketball expert, not even a big basketball fan. Other than Troy basketball I could care less about the sport. However, looking at our roster, I don't see a team that doesn't have talent..or at least on paper it seems that way. I have a hard time believing we don't have more talent that Kennesaw State...A DII School??? I think this problem is coaching...Period.

redwaver
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Not a basketball expert, not even a big basketball fan. Other than Troy basketball I could care less about the sport. However, looking at our roster, I don't see a team that doesn't have talent..or at least on paper it seems that way. I have a hard time believing we don't have more talent that Kennesaw State...A DII School??? I think this problem is coaching...Period.
I am not a big BB fan. Thoroughly enjoyed it when I was there in the early 60's and we had a darn good BB program that nobody ever acknowledges. Led nation in scoring one year. Coach Archer was a real good one no one ever mentions as well. What I struggle with is hearing how all these teams we play like UTSA, Belmont, ETC. are "good" teams and our loss to them is "not a bad loss". I understand a loss to Miss. St., Alabama, Auburn, etc., not being a "bad loss". I just think we need to set our standards of expectation higher than that and feel we should be able to compete with these teams that most people never heard of. Oh, I get the recruiting issues. I know Troy is a rural town, I know we have had a lousy facility, I know the fancy night life in Troy is not what some players are looking for. Other schools from small towns seen to be able to recruit given the same problems. Surely there are players out there that want a chance to play in a great facility (2012) in a town where you know most every one and they know you. I look forward to 2012 when the Facility issue will be put to rest. From where I sit, we have had a recruiting issue and all those reasons are recognizable ones but if we are ever going to compete we have got to get pass those excuses because Troy will always be Troy. No big city, no fancy night life, no big city press coverage. If we can't recruit being who we are, where we are then we need to fold the tent and that is not an acceptable option in my eyes. I don't know of many teams who shoot so many 3's and misses so many FT's and ever win regularly. 3's are high percentage shots, make them or lose. FT? Man, jr high kids can make high % of FT's! I could live with losing to bigger programs but these smaller ones.....no way. We should expect more than that! Coach Pierce and Blakeney have done a pretty darn good job recruiting to Troy. Same town, same problems other than facility. So next year we should have a higher expectation in BB because it will have the same quality facility as baseball and football if not better. In football and baseball you have to get a lot of good kids to put a quality program on the field but in basketball it only takes two or three and you change a programs direction. Let's hope 2012 brings a start of better things on the hardwood. Just one guys observations. Go Trojans!

nstalker42
12-23-2011, 11:35 PM
The new gym is going to greatly approve the mens basketball team, but probably not the womens team. When it comes to recruiting female students athletes they are more interested in being close to shopping, etc... I don't believe the freckled frog is gonna bring the talent in :(

Da Scout
12-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Next year the team will be much better, only two seniors. Troy has really good guards just no big men. If they can get a big man or two next year they should be able to compete with any one. The new arena should help. This years team is not doing bad, considering most of the team just met a couple of months ago. They beat s. Utah, etsu and Miami of ohio. Those three teams have better facilities.Miss st and belmont are just better, next year they will be down. Two years ago they won the belt. Last year they had nothing coming back from that team. This years team has a tough beginning to conference but should be fine. What were your pre conference expectations.

bft
12-24-2011, 09:37 AM
You don't have to explain that you are not a Basketball fan, Belmont would be in the upper half of any Conference in America! Play @ Duke 77 to 76 loss, speaks for itself!

Hemi Man
12-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I am not a big BB fan. Thoroughly enjoyed it when I was there in the early 60's and we had a darn good BB program that nobody ever acknowledges. Led nation in scoring one year. Coach Archer was a real good one no one ever mentions as well. What I struggle with is hearing how all these teams we play like UTSA, Belmont, ETC. are "good" teams and our loss to them is "not a bad loss". I understand a loss to Miss. St., Alabama, Auburn, etc., not being a "bad loss". I just think we need to set our standards of expectation higher than that and feel we should be able to compete with these teams that most people never heard of. Oh, I get the recruiting issues. I know Troy is a rural town, I know we have had a lousy facility, I know the fancy night life in Troy is not what some players are looking for. Other schools from small towns seen to be able to recruit given the same problems. Surely there are players out there that want a chance to play in a great facility (2012) in a town where you know most every one and they know you. I look forward to 2012 when the Facility issue will be put to rest. From where I sit, we have had a recruiting issue and all those reasons are recognizable ones but if we are ever going to compete we have got to get pass those excuses because Troy will always be Troy. No big city, no fancy night life, no big city press coverage. If we can't recruit being who we are, where we are then we need to fold the tent and that is not an acceptable option in my eyes. I don't know of many teams who shoot so many 3's and misses so many FT's and ever win regularly. 3's are high percentage shots, make them or lose. FT? Man, jr high kids can make high % of FT's! I could live with losing to bigger programs but these smaller ones.....no way. We should expect more than that! Coach Pierce and Blakeney have done a pretty darn good job recruiting to Troy. Same town, same problems other than facility. So next year we should have a higher expectation in BB because it will have the same quality facility as baseball and football if not better. In football and baseball you have to get a lot of good kids to put a quality program on the field but in basketball it only takes two or three and you change a programs direction. Let's hope 2012 brings a start of better things on the hardwood. Just one guys observations. Go Trojans!

You are confusing quality basketball teams with quality football teams. Take the time to do some research before dismissing Belmont as not being good.

redwaver
12-24-2011, 02:19 PM
You are confusing quality basketball teams with quality football teams. Take the time to do some research before dismissing Belmont as not being good.
Wow! You are telling ME I should do my "research" before I give an opinion? You mean I should do like you did in football this year where you researched the DEFENSIVE statistics of yardage given up, scores given up, penalties given up, general overall play before making your statements/opinions about just how good our defense and it's coaching was? :) No pun intended! See, sometimes we let our thoughts, opinions get clouded by outside stuff. Maybe I am guilty of that. I just think we could be better in BB than we are most years. Heck, my other option is to think we should not be any good. I think my OPINION was we should EXPECT to be able to compete with the UTSA's and Belmont's of this world, not that we do. I think I might know the difference "between quality football and quality basketball"! I played and coached both for a lot of years. We all have observations, opinions, thoughts, whatever about Troy sports. You will agree with some and disagree with others. They are like tushes, everybody has one and some are better than others but in the END :) they are just that, opinions. In the real world, they are worth about as much as teats on a boar hog when it comes to anything important. It is just fun sharing them. Don't get discombobbled about one you might disagree with. You see, I could have said the same about your defensive football opinions. Nothing to be gained in doing it though. They were your thoughts.....Wonder why I didn't ask you during football season why you didn't "take time to do some research".......oh well!

Hemi Man
12-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Wow! You are telling ME I should do my "research" before I give an opinion? You mean I should do like you did in football this year where you researched the DEFENSIVE statistics of yardage given up, scores given up, penalties given up, general overall play before making your statements/opinions about just how good our defense and it's coaching was? :) No pun intended! See, sometimes we let our thoughts, opinions get clouded by outside stuff. Maybe I am guilty of that. I just think we could be better in BB than we are most years. Heck, my other option is to think we should not be any good. I think my OPINION was we should EXPECT to be able to compete with the UTSA's and Belmont's of this world, not that we do. I think I might know the difference "between quality football and quality basketball"! I played and coached both for a lot of years. We all have observations, opinions, thoughts, whatever about Troy sports. You will agree with some and disagree with others. They are like tushes, everybody has one and some are better than others but in the END :) they are just that, opinions. In the real world, they are worth about as much as teats on a boar hog when it comes to anything important. It is just fun sharing them. Don't get discombobbled about one you might disagree with. You see, I could have said the same about your defensive football opinions. Nothing to be gained in doing it though. They were your thoughts.....Wonder why I didn't ask you during football season why you didn't "take time to do some research".......oh well!

I was at every game, multiple practices, and I saw what was happening on the sidelines. I don't need to look at stats to tell me what was happening. Were you at the games and practices? I know you and some of the other keyboard coaches on here think you have every answer and that you should be wearing a headset. I'm not sure why you are addressing the football season in the basketball forum. I will say there are players on this team that will probably not be back next season which goes back to what many have said about the discipline issue.

Now for the basketball part. Belmont is by no means a slouch. We had our opportunities to beat UTSA, but fell short. You complain about our style of play so tell me what would you do with a tremendously undersized team? You have told us all multiple times how you have coached and played all these sports. I played both as well. Yippie for both of us. I'm happy with the effort from this team and find it funny that no one complains about the 3's until they miss a few. Fact is if you live by the 3's sometimes you will die by them. See you at the next game!!!

redwaver
12-24-2011, 04:23 PM
I was at every game, multiple practices, and I saw what was happening on the sidelines. I don't need to look at stats to tell me what was happening. Were you at the games and practices? I know you and some of the other keyboard coaches on here think you have every answer and that you should be wearing a headset. I'm not sure why you are addressing the football season in the basketball forum. I will say there are players on this team that will probably not be back next season which goes back to what many have said about the discipline issue.

Now for the basketball part. Belmont is by no means a slouch. We had our opportunities to beat UTSA, but fell short. You complain about our style of play so tell me what would you do with a tremendously undersized team? You have told us all multiple times how you have coached and played all these sports. I played both as well. Yippie for both of us. I'm happy with the effort from this team and find it funny that no one complains about the 3's until they miss a few. Fact is if you live by the 3's sometimes you will die by them. See you at the next game!!!
I simply stated my playing and coaching experiences because you like to dis people that they have not done, seen, experienced things you say you have in giving their opinions. It is assumed by many that you have personal interest in some of the opinions you take. That is fine by me. "Yippie for you"! Big deal. You do put yourself on a level at times that makes one think you are blessed with insight an knowledge others of us don't possess and you like to chastise some who say things you personally don't support. I could care less whether you agree with me or not!! You are very positive at times about things Troy but you are condescending with those that have a different view of your "expert experiences". You constantly tell us how often you are at games, practices, etc. Some of us work, some live too far away, some can't afford it, some has health problems that prevent it so get off you high horse about who knows what and what you do to be so informed. Just say you disagree, no sarcasm! That is fine. This forum is suppose to be fun with all types of views and opinions but you make it an issue far to often. I simply said teams that live by the 3's and consistently miss FT usually lose. Is that not a true statement? The Coach at Duke say's so and I think he might know even more than you on this issue. I share both positive and negative observations when I post. Am I not allowed or do this or do I need you to proof my entries? Since when is it not acceptable to include various issues on most any thread. Go back and look and almost no one had problems with it happening before. I just take issue with you when you imply I/we don't do "research" thus our opinions are out of line but you, more than anyone, refused to include "research" with your thoughts about our football's defense (notice, no names called) and you don't like being held to the same standard you hold others to. Now, this issue is finished!

redwaver
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Next year the team will be much better, only two seniors. Troy has really good guards just no big men. If they can get a big man or two next year they should be able to compete with any one. The new arena should help. This years team is not doing bad, considering most of the team just met a couple of months ago. They beat s. Utah, etsu and Miami of ohio. Those three teams have better facilities.Miss st and belmont are just better, next year they will be down. Two years ago they won the belt. Last year they had nothing coming back from that team. This years team has a tough beginning to conference but should be fine. What were your pre conference expectations.
Sounds like a good foundation. Now recruit height! :)

Hemi Man
12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
I simply stated my playing and coaching experiences because you like to dis people that they have not done, seen, experienced things you say you have in giving their opinions. It is assumed by many that you have personal interest in some of the opinions you take. That is fine by me. "Yippie for you"! Big deal. You do put yourself on a level at times that makes one think you are blessed with insight an knowledge others of us don't possess and you like to chastise some who say things you personally don't support. I could care less whether you agree with me or not!! You are very positive at times about things Troy but you are condescending with those that have a different view of your "expert experiences". You constantly tell us how often you are at games, practices, etc. Some of us work, some live too far away, some can't afford it, some has health problems that prevent it so get off you high horse about who knows what and what you do to be so informed. Just say you disagree, no sarcasm! That is fine. This forum is suppose to be fun with all types of views and opinions but you make it an issue far to often. I simply said teams that live by the 3's and consistently miss FT usually lose. Is that not a true statement? The Coach at Duke say's so and I think he might know even more than you on this issue. I share both positive and negative observations when I post. Am I not allowed or do this or do I need you to proof my entries? Since when is it not acceptable to include various issues on most any thread. Go back and look and almost no one had problems with it happening before. I just take issue with you when you imply I/we don't do "research" thus our opinions are out of line but you, more than anyone, refused to include "research" with your thoughts about our football's defense (notice, no names called) and you don't like being held to the same standard you hold others to. Now, this issue is finished!

I do have some limited insight to what goes on in our football program. If that upsets you then so be it. I do have a personal interest in seeing Troy University succeed. Again if that bothers you that's your problem and not mine. I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours. Nothing more and nothing less. You and some others choose to get angry over it. I choose to smile and laugh at the anger directed at me by some on this board and yell GO TROJANS!!!

redwaver
12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I do have some limited insight to what goes on in our football program. If that upsets you then so be it. I do have a personal interest in seeing Troy University succeed. Again if that bothers you that's your problem and not mine. I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours. Nothing more and nothing less. You and some others choose to get angry over it. I choose to smile and laugh at the anger directed at me by some on this board and yell GO TROJANS!!!
You can quit this "I chose to be positive, laugh , smile, etc., etc.,"stuff. You, at times are as negative as anyone. You just refuse to see yourself through the same "glasses" you look at others through. Now this is NOT what the forum is about. Let's take it to a different level. This is childish and I am a part of it! Sad! :(

Hemi Man
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
You can quit this "I chose to be positive, laugh , smile, etc., etc.,"stuff. You, at times are as negative as anyone. You just refuse to see yourself through the same "glasses" you look at others through. Now this is NOT what the forum is about. Let's take it to a different level. This is childish and I am a part of it! Sad! :(

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

jagd1305
12-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Odd, but for some reason I'm thinking about 'tools' right now. Red waver, I understand where you are coming from. There was a time when those schools you mentioned were power houses in women's basketball. But as you said, you haven't followed it so closely, so I know where you're coming from. Either way, I agree with you on alot of points. I also remember Coach Archer well. I went to school with his kids so I'm a bit dated as well! :)

bft
01-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Thank God for the SWAC we have a win! If we don't get La Monroe we are working on a shut out. I guess we are happy with old Murphy and this pitiful women's program. FAU will fight you year after year for bottom of league 20 point loss??????

Florida Atl
(9-8, 4-2 Sun Belt)

Troy 46

(1-16, 0-6 Sun Belt)

Final

1 2 T
FAU Owls 34 32 66
TROY Trojans 18 28 46

CHughes1102
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Ok then how about this Mr. Hemi. We will all state our opinions and you will deal with them and not get mad or say anything about it. Cause if we do that to you, you bow your neck up and state that we all have opinions. So.....deal?

And btw......we still suck.

Hemi Man
01-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Ok then how about this Mr. Hemi. We will all state our opinions and you will deal with them and not get mad or say anything about it. Cause if we do that to you, you bow your neck up and state that we all have opinions. So.....deal?

And btw......we still suck.

:rollinglaugh::paperbag::laughing021::angry013:

01-21-2012, 10:30 PM
First of all I am very disappointed at how it has taken such a bad season for people to begin to express their interest in women's basketball at Troy.

I was part of a recent winning season at Troy and what I remember was very little interest from this forum in the women's basketball team. Why now are you speaking up, when you had the opportunity then to speak in a positive manner and assist the women's program. The negative posts in this forum has upset me as I like to tell people about my positive experience with the supporters of the women's program that were there during my career.

After of years of playing the sport I still do not see my self as an expert but what I do know is that everyone associated with the Troy women's program including the players, coaches, and support staff will be putting a whole-hearted effort into making the program successful. And nobody will feel worse then these people after the season.

I challenge you to question whether you are making a positive impact to the program? what can you do to make this program better?

CHughes1102
01-21-2012, 10:44 PM
First of all I am very disappointed at how it has taken such a bad season for people to begin to express their interest in women's basketball at Troy.

I was part of a recent winning season at Troy and what I remember was very little interest from this forum in the women's basketball team. Why now are you speaking up, when you had the opportunity then to speak in a positive manner and assist the women's program. The negative posts in this forum has upset me as I like to tell people about my positive experience with the supporters of the women's program that were there during my career.

81-140 record the past 8 years.

Only one winning season at 16-14 in 2008.

1-17 this year. 5-25 last year.

But MAN how about that 16-14 season back in '08 eh? Let me recognize the efforts of the team for a moment:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/trolling%20gifs/grand/john_wall_dance_gif.gif

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM

After of years of playing the sport I still do not see my self as an expert but what I do know is that everyone associated with the Troy women's program including the players, coaches, and support staff will be putting a whole-hearted effort into making the program successful. And nobody will feel worse then these people after the season.

I challenge you to question whether you are making a positive impact to the program? what can you do to make this program better?

Welcome to the board! Great first post. Please overlook the negativity on the board. It has become the norm around here lately.

It was a tough game tonight. They fought back twice from two big defecits to fall short in the end. One or two plays or breaks away from a win tonight.

TrojanWarrior418
01-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Sorry if you have been offended. These past few months have been miserable for us Trojans. As far as what are we doing to make the program better, most of us are Trojan Warriors and that's about all we can do. We can scream for changes to the coaching staff til we're blue in the face but that does not do any good from what we've discovered.

I'm hoping that since the University has spent a ton of cash on a new arena they will want a program (both men's and women's) that people will want to go see. Until then medocrity rules the day because the coaches may suck...but their cheap.

bft
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
CHughes1102 has the stats they speak for themselves!

You cant argue with that lack of success! The reason this guy has been able to keep his job it is WOMEN'S BASKETBALL! Sad but true only about 10% of schools playing Women's Basketball care if they win or loose. Keep program clean, don't cause any problems,and work for less money. Troy knows if they get rid of this looser they will have to pay a real coach some real money.

redwaver
01-22-2012, 01:58 PM
CHughes1102 has the stats they speak for themselves!

You cant argue with that lack of success! The reason this guy has been able to keep his job it is WOMEN'S BASKETBALL! Sad but true only about 10% of schools playing Women's Basketball care if they win or loose. Keep program clean, don't cause any problems,and work for less money. Troy knows if they get rid of this looser they will have to pay a real coach some real money.
Does this coach not have any relatives to make excuses for them. Surely it must be the injuries, youth, poor player performance, there is no offense to blame since they are one and the same, maybe it is the person who coaches the center that is the fault. get rid of them. Somewhere there is a family member quietly letting this coach down...or maybe they see past the ties. JMHO!

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 03:32 PM

Does this coach not have any relatives to make excuses for them. Surely it must be the injuries, youth, poor player performance, there is no offense to blame since they are one and the same, maybe it is the person who coaches the center that is the fault. get rid of them. Somewhere there is a family member quietly letting this coach down...or maybe they see past the ties. JMHO!

If it makes you feel better they have had several injuries and Mcappion didn't appear to be 100% healthy last night. I guess you probably don't know who Mcappion is since you just like to come on here and complain without even knowing who the players or their situation.

redwaver
01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Whoa dear leader. I just wondered where your "YOU HATE" stuff was when it is aimed at someone other than your guy. Don't get 'um in a wad!

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Whoa dear leader. I just wondered where your "YOU HATE" stuff was when it is aimed at someone other than your guy. Don't get 'um in a wad!

If they are Troy coaches they are "my people" as you say. If the administration thinks its time to make a move then I will support that guy. Go ahead and tell me how you coached 65 straight seasons of undefeated basketball to match your 75 straight undefeated seasons of football. Its tough on the players and coaches, when they are losing like this, but last night was evidence that neither has quit.

redwaver
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
If they are Troy coaches they are "my people" as you say. If the administration thinks its time to make a move then I will support that guy. Go ahead and tell me how you coached 65 straight seasons of undefeated basketball to match your 75 straight undefeated seasons of football. Its tough on the players and coaches, when they are losing like this, but last night was evidence that neither has quit.
Look back, I have no thoughts this season about the BB teams....neither one of them....good or bad. You just have a fixed opinion of some of us here because you disagree with our thoughts and your way of being a "positive person" with those of us whom you disagree is belittling tacky comments like the one included here about my coaching and playing experiences. For some reason if any of us happens to say we played the game, coached the game we are braggarts but if we don't offer some reasons for a little expertise so you can approve of our coments you say we are unknowledgable "keyboard coaches". Man we can't win with you. You need to take your own advice and take a breather. You dish it out a lot better than you take it. We are all for Troy and its success. There are no rules that say we have to agree on everything. I disagree with a lot of these guys here but they have a right to express their thoughts and every board I have ever seen they do the same thing. You are not the GTT police are you?

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Look back, I have no thoughts this season about the BB teams....neither one of them....good or bad. You just have a fixed opinion of some of us here because you disagree with our thoughts and your way of being a "positive person" with those of us whom you disagree is belittling tacky comments like the one included here about my coaching and playing experiences. For some reason if any of us happens to say we played the game, coached the game we are braggarts but if we don't offer some reasons for a little expertise so you can approve of our coments you say we are unknowledgable "keyboard coaches". Man we can't win with you. You need to take your own advice and take a breather. You dish it out a lot better than you take it. We are all for Troy and its success. There are no rules that say we have to agree on everything. I disagree with a lot of these guys here but they have a right to express their thoughts and every board I have ever seen they do the same thing. You are not the GTT police are you?

You, your son Lego, and grandson Chughes all make your wisecracks about "family". Honestly I have to just laugh at the feeble attempts you guys make. Trust me I don't get made at the feeble attempts of the "family" on this board. Oops almost forget cousin monster dawg. Relax and don't be overly concerned with my family. I can assure you that we aren't overly concerned with yours. Looking forward to seeing you at the next basketball game. Come by and say hi. I sit directly across from our bench next to the general admission sign. I will buy you a coke and we can cheer on the Trojans side by side.

redwaver
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
You, your son Lego, and grandson Chughes all make your wisecracks about "family". Honestly I have to just laugh at the feeble attempts you guys make. Trust me I don't get made at the feeble attempts of the "family" on this board. Oops almost forget cousin monster dawg. Relax and don't be overly concerned with my family. I can assure you that we aren't overly concerned with yours. Looking forward to seeing you at the next basketball game. Come by and say hi. I sit directly across from our bench next to the general admission sign. I will buy you a coke and we can cheer on the Trojans side by side.

Oops, you left out a few like dgobel, etc., etc,. I think you will find I refer to JR as "your guy". The family thing is something I assumed from other post was a fact. My point was you should just let others vent their thoughts, even about your guy, without over reacting. IF you are truly a" ALL COACHES are my guys" person then I wondered why you didn't speak up for Mo more or the BB coaches like you did for JR. I REALLY REALLY hope you are right about the defense and what was wrong that needed fixing. I trust LB and the fact that the thinks the interior line coach was it. I simply wish you dealt with posters when they comment about your guy the same way you do when it is some other coach. I respect your commitment to any individual coach just not your willingness to give others grief when they don't. Oh, sorry, don't know Lego, Chughes, Dgobel or Monster Dawg from adam and they are not my relatives (see another jab). They are way younger than me but we are ALL BROTHERS when it comes to the Trojans and that is why I think a little more respect for differences in opinions are in order. The coke sounds great. We both seem committed Troy fans just a little different in philosophies.:eatdrink004:

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 06:22 PM

Oops, you left out a few like dgobel, etc., etc,. I think you will find I refer to JR as "your guy". The family thing is something I assumed from other post was a fact. My point was you should just let others vent their thoughts, even about your guy, without over reacting. IF you are truly a" ALL COACHES are my guys" person then I wondered why you didn't speak up for Mo more or the BB coaches like you did for JR. I REALLY REALLY hope you are right about the defense and what was wrong that needed fixing. I trust LB and the fact that the thinks the interior line coach was it. I simply wish you dealt with posters when they comment about your guy the same way you do when it is some other coach. I respect your commitment to any individual coach just not your willingness to give others grief when they don't. Oh, sorry, don't know Lego, Chughes, Dgobel or Monster Dawg from adam and they are not my relatives (see another jab). They are way younger than me but we are ALL BROTHERS when it comes to the Trojans and that is why I think a little more respect for differences in opinions are in order. The coke sounds great. We both seem committed Troy fans just a little different in philosophies.:eatdrink004:

If we all had the philosophies every thread would be filled with +1. That would be boring. Wrong forum, but I think Mo being let go had to do with the switch to the 3-4 and not the job performance. I like Mo and think he was a good coach. Butler coached the ends, but is also the recruiting coordinator, so I assume that had something to do with him staying. We don't really need a coach for just the nose tackle. My guess would be a hiring on a linebacker coach or secondary coach. Just a thought though. Nothing was mentioned at Sisters today at lunch about it.

redwaver
01-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Agree with the philosophies concept. My point exactly! Have no idea who needs to be hired to fill Mo's spot. Trust LB about that one. Will say, it looks like the coaches got out and did a super job getting players to commit, at least on paper. Maybe they have been a little lackadasical with that in the past. I agree with dgobel, we need to try to get kids that can qualify and I wonder why we don't know who they are by this time. You are right, this is not the right forum for this but most of these go off in 40 different directions anyway so this is not so surprising I suppose. I have to get to Troy one Sunday and check out this "Sisters" thing. :)

Hemi Man
01-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Agree with the philosophies concept. My point exactly! Have no idea who needs to be hired to fill Mo's spot. Trust LB about that one. Will say, it looks like the coaches got out and did a super job getting players to commit, at least on paper. Maybe they have been a little lackadasical with that in the past. I agree with dgobel, we need to try to get kids that can qualify and I wonder why we don't know who they are by this time. You are right, this is not the right forum for this but most of these go off in 40 different directions anyway so this is not so surprising I suppose. I have to get to Troy one Sunday and check out this "Sisters" thing. :)

With about two months until the start of spring camp I would think a hire, if there is one, would be coming soon. Sisters for Sunday lunch just can't be beat!!!

CHughes1102
01-22-2012, 10:21 PM
If it makes you feel better they have had several injuries and Mcappion didn't appear to be 100% healthy last night. I guess you probably don't know who Mcappion is since you just like to come on here and complain without even knowing who the players or their situation.

Her injury is so bad, it has caused them to suck for years.

Lego
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
You, your son Lego, and grandson Chughes all make your wisecracks about "family".

When has the Lego said anything about "family". I have commented on several occasions I admire the Hemi on his Trojan Sprirt, we just obviously disagree about the defensive leadership. And yes Hemi can dish it out pretty good too, don't let me go defenseless little ole lady on you. :thumb:

Come by and say hi. I sit directly across from our bench next to the general admission sign. I will buy you a coke and we can cheer on the Trojans side by side.

Invite open to all ? Just a coke ?

Lego
01-22-2012, 11:22 PM

I love the facts / stats. Agree, you can't defend that record. (except, you may not need to be doing what you are doing)

I am glad everyone is still working hard and trying their best but in the end you have to produce. Wins.

Seriously, if you told your boss or teacher, "hey I am tryin my best" but keep failing.....would you keep your job for long?

Hemi Man
01-23-2012, 05:13 AM
When has the Lego said anything about "family". I have commented on several occasions I admire the Hemi on his Trojan Sprirt, we just obviously disagree about the defensive leadership. And yes Hemi can dish it out pretty good too, don't let me go defenseless little ole lady on you. :thumb:

Invite open to all ? Just a coke ?

You are most certainly on the guest list. Come on by!! You want popcorn also?

dgoebel
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
With about two months until the start of spring camp I would think a hire, if there is one, would be coming soon. Sisters for Sunday lunch just can't be beat!!!

Since JR is staying as DC, I really hope they hire a DB coach. #1 it has been our biggest defensive weakness, and I think you really have had to play there to coach it well...JMO #2 It will free up JR during practice to oversee all of the D instead of coaching the DB's. I think this will work much better.

WeSuck.com
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Since JR is staying as DC, I really hope they hire a DB coach. #1 it has been our biggest defensive weakness, and I think you really have had to play there to coach it well...JMO #2 It will free up JR during practice to oversee all of the D instead of coaching the DB's. I think this will work much better.

Seriously, how does JR get to keep his job? Unless LB told him he will have until the end of the 1st quarter to correct this mess...I doubt it can be done.

Troy87
01-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Although this isn't the forum to have this discussion, I agree 100% with this comment. When Jeremy and Mike Pelteon were Co-DCs, the job was split in responsibility and both still had position coaching responsibilities. When Mike moved on and JR became the DC, he still retained his position coaching responsibilities, as well as being the DC. I think this is where the Troy tendencies of spreading the manpower too thin started to become evident.

The DC job and the Defensive Back Coach job are definitely meant for two coaches, not one. I think in College Football today, you have to be able to devote all your time to a single job at hand, and JR has had two jobs for several years now. It's time to get a position coach for the secondary.

When you look at the guys to play for Jeremy in the secondary, Leodis McKelvin, Sherrod Martin, Elbert Mack, Derrick Ansley, there's no doubt the guy can build a great secondary, but at this point, his plate is too full. It will be difficult to find someone who can find that talent and coach it the way it needs to be coached, but that's what really needs to happen, IMO.

Lego
01-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Although this isn't the forum to have this discussion, I agree 100% with this comment. When Jeremy and Mike Pelteon were Co-DCs, the job was split in responsibility and both still had position coaching responsibilities. When Mike moved on and JR became the DC, he still retained his position coaching responsibilities, as well as being the DC. I think this is where the Troy tendencies of spreading the manpower too thin started to become evident.

The DC job and the Defensive Back Coach job are definitely meant for two coaches, not one. I think in College Football today, you have to be able to devote all your time to a single job at hand, and JR has had two jobs for several years now. It's time to get a position coach for the secondary.

When you look at the guys to play for Jeremy in the secondary, Leodis McKelvin, Sherrod Martin, Elbert Mack, Derrick Ansley, there's no doubt the guy can build a great secondary, but at this point, his plate is too full. It will be difficult to find someone who can find that talent and coach it the way it needs to be coached, but that's what really needs to happen, IMO.

Agree with you Troy 87.

But just a thought and a question (which I have stated from the beginning).
- Jeremy is a solid guy, why wouldn't you move him to the DB coach/recruiting (for the obvious reason you stated above !, this is something he is good at, proven) and bring in a dedicated DC which is a position that JR has struggled at for awhile now.

Troy87
01-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Agree with you Troy 87.

But just a thought and a question (which I have stated from the beginning).
- Jeremy is a solid guy, why wouldn't you move him to the DB coach/recruiting (for the obvious reason you stated above !, this is something he is good at, proven) and bring in a dedicated DC which is a position that JR has struggled at for awhile now.

For the same reason he was a very accomplished and successful good Secondary Coach, I think he will be the same at DC, provided he is not holding two jobs at once. His ability, as I have stated before, is much greater than people will give him credit for, and I think if he were relieved of the burden of having two jobs, he would then become the DC much more in the mold of Koennig or Bolt. And in the comparison to Bolt, a much more family-friendly vocabulary for those near the sideline.

Lego
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
For the same reason he was a very accomplished and successful good Secondary Coach, I think he will be the same at DC, provided he is not holding two jobs at once. His ability, as I have stated before, is much greater than people will give him credit for, and I think if he were relieved of the burden of having two jobs, he would then become the DC much more in the mold of Koennig or Bolt. And in the comparison to Bolt, a much more family-friendly vocabulary for those near the sideline.

Thanks Troy87, I respect your opinion. I disagree with the part about the DC position but his proven skills at Secondary Coach are exactly what Troy needs.

And I will say that comparing JR's potential as a DC to a Koenning or Bolt is indeed lofty and seem protectoral in nature. I propose that I just have not seen anything to justify that high of a comparsion. It's all good though.

Look forward to a 13-0 2012 season.

Troy87
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks Troy87, I respect your opinion. I disagree with the part about the DC position but his proven skills at Secondary Coach are exactly what Troy needs.

And I will say that comparing JR's potential as a DC to a Koenning or Bolt is indeed lofty and seem protectoral in nature. I propose that I just have not seen anything to justify that high of a comparsion. It's all good though.

Look forward to a 13-0 2012 season.

And I accept yours, and several others', opinions on the Defense, and I completely understand why your opinions are what they are. But, as you say, you haven't seen anything to justify the comparison, and I will grant you, that you have not. At the same time, since the day JR became the sole DC, he has worn two hats.

Knowing his ability, his intelligence, and what the circumstances have been, particularly the last three years, I would welcome, tremendously, the opportunity for him to be unsaddled of the Secondary responsibilities, where he can put that intelligence and ability, and knowledge into the DC position full bore.

I just believe he has yet to have the opportunity to put his full focus into the DC role, and be able to step away from the responsibility for the secondary.

BTW, 13-0....I'm all for it, and I believe!!

TrojanWarrior418
01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/25/128877929377562492.jpg

Lego
01-25-2012, 06:42 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/25/128877929377562492.jpg

Think this thread was off topic when it was created: "Does Rowell help coach the women's basketball team". Never good when in the Basketball forum you mention a football coach in the thread title

CHughes1102
01-26-2012, 02:00 PM
And I accept yours, and several others', opinions on the Defense, and I completely understand why your opinions are what they are. But, as you say, you haven't seen anything to justify the comparison, and I will grant you, that you have not. At the same time, since the day JR became the sole DC, he has worn two hats.

Knowing his ability, his intelligence, and what the circumstances have been, particularly the last three years, I would welcome, tremendously, the opportunity for him to be unsaddled of the Secondary responsibilities, where he can put that intelligence and ability, and knowledge into the DC position full bore.

I just believe he has yet to have the opportunity to put his full focus into the DC role, and be able to step away from the responsibility for the secondary.

BTW, 13-0....I'm all for it, and I believe!!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph you sound like a professor talking about an intelligent figure. He's just a goofy ass Defensive Coordinator who clearly doesn't know how a Secondary works.

Oh and back on topic...Women's team got killed again on the road.

Troy87
01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph you sound like a professor talking about an intelligent figure. He's just a goofy ass Defensive Coordinator who clearly doesn't know how a Secondary works.

Oh and back on topic...Women's team got killed again on the road.

Then you sir, do not know him at all.

On the topic of Women's BB....nothing new there.

bft
01-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Lady Trojans Troy 26
Jaguars South Alabama 63
We will never fire a Coach if we don't get Mike Murphy! You are kidding 26 points, same state, same conference! I am about to pull up So. Ala roster I want to see where they get their players???