PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in Dothan

troy4ever21
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey guys/gal I know this isn't exactly on topic with football, but it is relevant.

A friend and I went to Dothan Saturday to get out of Troy and relax before finals. We went to Olive Garden to eat. After finishing our food the man next to us asked me what the SEC championship game score was and I told him. He had been listening to our conversation throughout the night and noticed we were from Troy. He then said "I only root for two teams in the entire country. Alabama and TROY." I was shocked and happy to hear this. He started talking about the season we've had and what needs to happen next year. I told him he should make the trip to Troy next year for the Mississippi State and Navy games. He said he would.

Afterwards we went to the Wiregrass Mall to walk off our meal and shop a bit. While walking in out of stores I noticed people in TROY gear, A LOT of people. I saw a whole family in TROY gear at JC Penny and I shouted "GO TROY" and they responded. I saw more people in TROY gear than AU and UA gear. It was a great feeling considering in Troy I never see people wearing TROY gear, just kittie and elephant crap. I also noticed many stores were selling TROY gear. Hibbetts had a nice little TROY section as did Footlocker. Overall it was a great night being away from Troy and seeing all the TROY fans down in Dothan. I'm glad our fan base is growing.

GO TROY!

moosicman
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
You mean you didn't berate him to his face for pulling for another team in addition to TROY? And Alabama no less?!?! You didn't backhand slap him across his face??? What a fair weather fan for dating another team and being married to TROY at the same time?! He's not a true fan. He has no loyalty. I'll bet he wears Alabama gear.....makes me sick! He's sub-human. We should tar and feather him for looking twice at some other football team. What insanity!! Oh, the humanity!!!

Ok, just kidding. Glad you had a good time in Dothan! :)

Burn the Horse
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
that's awesome about all the Troy stuff at their mall. I wish Montgomery was the same way.

Chrono124
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Great job, now go post it on your online journal. BTH time to move it, cus it doesn't belong here.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey guys/gal I know this isn't exactly on topic with football, but it is relevant.

A friend and I went to Dothan Saturday to get out of Troy and relax before finals. We went to Olive Garden to eat. After finishing our food the man next to us asked me what the SEC championship game score was and I told him. He had been listening to our conversation throughout the night and noticed we were from Troy. He then said "I only root for two teams in the entire country. Alabama and TROY." I was shocked and happy to hear this. He started talking about the season we've had and what needs to happen next year. I told him he should make the trip to Troy next year for the Mississippi State and Navy games. He said he would.

Afterwards we went to the Wiregrass Mall to walk off our meal and shop a bit. While walking in out of stores I noticed people in TROY gear, A LOT of people. I saw a whole family in TROY gear at JC Penny and I shouted "GO TROY" and they responded. I saw more people in TROY gear than AU and UA gear. It was a great feeling considering in Troy I never see people wearing TROY gear, just kittie and elephant crap. I also noticed many stores were selling TROY gear. Hibbetts had a nice little TROY section as did Footlocker. Overall it was a great night being away from Troy and seeing all the TROY fans down in Dothan. I'm glad our fan base is growing.

GO TROY!

As a resident of Dothan, I have noticed over the last few years more and more TROY clothes, car tags, flags, etc being displayed as I commute, shop, travel around town. It is good to see the growth in TROY merchandise being worn, displayed, etc. Also good to see more stores carrying TROY merchandise.
As a side note, in my section at Veterans Stadium (107), I know of three other "Dothanite" families that have season tickets. I'm sure there are more. I think Dothan has good potential to contribute to the growing fanbase of the Trojan Nation. Hopefully, TROY will continue PR work, alumni support, etc in the Wiregrass to keep this trend going.

Hemi Man
12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
As a resident of Dothan, I have noticed over the last few years more and more TROY clothes, car tags, flags, etc being displayed as I commute, shop, travel around town. It is good to see the growth in TROY merchandise being worn, displayed, etc. Also good to see more stores carrying TROY merchandise.
As a side note, in my section at Veterans Stadium (107), I know of three other "Dothanite" families that have season tickets. I'm sure there are more. I think has good potential to contribute to the growing fanbase of the Ttojan Nation. Hopefully, TROY will continue PR work, alumni support, etc in the Wiregrass to keep this trend going.

Slow going, but it is a sign of progress!!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Slow going, but it is a sign of progress!!

I think that is something that some of the Trojan Nation fail to understand. It will be a slow process because the nature of our situation (rural location, relatively recent move from I-AA, small size of fanbase and alumni compared to larger institutions, small budget, lack of tradition at this level,etc).

The two most important things that will help growth: 1)Trojan Warrior program growth, 2) Getting back to winning and putting a quality product on the field.

Of course, I am referencing football (as it is the big draw at TROY and in the south in general), but success in other sports will go toward growing our fanbase as well.

TFan
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Great job, now go post it on your online journal. BTH time to move it, cus it doesn't belong here.

MOVE IT, MOVE IT....

MOVE IT mr MOderator....elsewhere???

Hemi Man
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I think that is something that some of the Trojan Nation fail to understand. It will be a slow process because the nature of our situation (rural location, relatively recent move from I-AA, small size of fanbase and alumni compared to larger institutions, small budget, lack of tradition at this level,etc).

The two most important things that will help growth: 1)Trojan Warrior program growth, 2) Getting back to winning and putting a quality product on the field.

Of course, I am referencing football (as it is the big draw at TROY and in the south in general), but success in other sports will go toward growing our fanbase as well.

We have to sell the program to others and once they are in we have to sell them on becoming Trojan Warriors. We will get there.

Chrono124
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
MOVE IT, MOVE IT....

MOVE IT mr MOderator....elsewhere???

Yeah BTH is always on top of other ppl arses for this same thing, but it seems like hes slacking today.

Lego
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
2) Getting back to winning and putting a quality product on the field.

Priority # 1 and # 2. Without it nothing happens. Sorry folks, just reality.

Burn the Horse
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
moved to the proper board. :thumb:

Dothan_Trojan97
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM

My two important points were not necessarily in order of importance. I agree that winning does more to draw people (particularly the casual fan) to TROY games. And if we have many seasons like this past one, financial support will wane. However, we do need more supporters/donors to the program to pay for facilities, staff, etc.

BDM88
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Again Bingo! I have always said that Winning put butts in the seats. Yes it is a slow process and it is slowly working. I have been able to find more Troy gear online as of late. Hopeful to see more available sooner rather than later. Would love to be able to get an away Jersey as well.

troy4ever21
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh no look out!! It's a thread that's not b*tching about our season or demanding someone gets fired...
QqolWUgxz7E

Chrono124
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh no look out!! It's a thread that's not b*tching about our season or demanding someone gets fired...
QqolWUgxz7E

Hey don't blame me or Tfan about it. BTH started this battle....:P

Burn the Horse
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
there's no "battle" going on man. I just moved a thread yesterday to the proper board. geeze. :laughing021:

edit: I really don't understand the animosity, I like you and TFan just fine. :eatdrink004:

Chrono124
12-04-2011, 11:05 PM
there's no "battle" going on man. I just moved a thread yesterday to the proper board. geeze. :laughing021:

edit: I really don't understand the animosity, I like you and TFan just fine. :eatdrink004:

lol I like you too, just having some fun messing with you :D

Burn the Horse
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
lol I like you too, just having some fun messing with you :D

it's all good. board life is just a bit harder when you're a mod. :wave:

it's a thankloss job for the most part, but something I take deep pride in. I'm the caretaker of the Trojan Nation. :thumb:

Chrono124
12-04-2011, 11:42 PM
it's all good. board life is just a bit harder when you're a mod. :wave:

it's a thankloss job for the most part, but something I take deep pride in. I'm the caretaker of the Trojan Nation. :thumb:

Hey I run several servers as the Owner I know how it is being a Moderator. It takes alot to deal with different ppl everyday, but it is very rewarding meeting ppl from all walks of life. You are a good Moderator, and you respect the task that you have been given and I can respect that. Keep up the good work.