PDA

View Full Version : Women's Basketball Team??

dgoebel
12-02-2011, 03:25 PM
0-6 to start the year and 5-25 last season? Are we one of the worst women's team in the country? Why are we so bad? I have looked at the roster the last few seasons and we seem to have 3-5 Australians every year. How is it we can recruit a player to come 36 hours by plane to a small town in Alabama but we can't recruit a decent woman's player close by? Does any one have any insight into this and why are women's team is so bad?

troy4ever21
12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
TROY doesn't have good women's teams. I know that's mean to say, but it's the truth. I can't remember the last time one of our women's team won a conference championship... :eek:

FoulPolePhenom
12-02-2011, 03:40 PM
0-6 to start the year and 5-25 last season? Are we one of the worst women's team in the country? Why are we so bad? I have looked at the roster the last few seasons and we seem to have 3-5 Australians every year. How is it we can recruit a player to come 36 hours by plane to a small town in Alabama but we can't recruit a decent woman's player close by? Does any one have any insight into this and why are women's team is so bad?

I know why we have Australian players is because a couple of our coaches have worked over there and have connections over there so sometimes we have a good chance at getting some good players from down under. We have had some good ones from Australia in the past who have led us to good records in Amy Lewis, Kylie Morrissy, Larelle Roper, etc.

FoulPolePhenom
12-02-2011, 03:41 PM
TROY doesn't have good women's teams. I know that's mean to say, but it's the truth. I can't remember the last time one of our women's team won a conference championship... :eek:

Softball has always been pretty good and consistent. And both volleyball and soccer had stronger years this season and have good coaches who have good plans in place for the future.

Hemi Man
12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I know why we have Australian players is because a couple of our coaches have worked over there and have connections over there so sometimes we have a good chance at getting some good players from down under. We have had some good ones from Australia in the past who have led us to good records in Amy Lewis, Kylie Morrissy, Larelle Roper, etc.

This!! Plus the fact that it's just as hard to attract quality women players to Sartain as it is for the men's team.

dgoebel
12-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Actually, the Australians have been our best players. I guess my point was if you can get a girl to travel that far, why can't we get some goods here to go along with that. And yes, softball has done a very good job. My daughter is a good player and she goes to the Troy camps. Coach Davis and her staff have done an excellent job. Unfortunately, ULL is in the conference and is a top 25 program.

TexasTrojan
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM

As far as soccer they are getting better . The new coach has expanded his recruiting more into Florida, Georgia and Texas where womens soccer is more established. And picking up a few European ladies here and there. He has a very young team which I noticed when they played North Texas in Denton. Troys starting lineup 90 % Freshman /sophmore. North Texas starting line up 7 seniors/ 3 juniors. The last 2 recruiting classes have done very well. They had a few games last season that they should have won and a few where they just had a bad day . But as they mature they will be looking for some titles.

Only issue with soccer is no lights at the field and all home games are played in the heat of the day . And as we all know its still pretty HOT in southern Alabama in September and October

WeSuck.com
12-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Actually, the Australians have been our best players. I guess my point was if you can get a girl to travel that far, why can't we get some goods here to go along with that.

It's the other 8 or 9 players that can't produce. The Australians actually do well in school too...like football team, the local lugnuts fail and drop out.

Maybe our next coach should be from Australia and get 10 from there?

IntgrB18C5
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
but its the Troy way not to fire anybody even if they lose every freaking game, Murphy needs to go by the looks of it

redwaver
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I think if we are ever to reach the pinnacle of the Sun Belt our Adm. has to take a stance to insist on quality throughout the athletic programs. Baseball and football have done well in recent years. MBB has work to do but the new arena should help and ladies sports just needs to take a loooooooong look at itself. We should never reach a point where we have a program for Title9 purposes only without interest in how well it performs.

JonesOxygen
12-05-2011, 09:23 AM
The ladies hoop team has been plagued with injuries the last two seasons. Excuse, no, but we all know how injuries can kill. Right now, the top two players are out.