PDA

View Full Version : Sun Belt Teams

Enjoy Troy
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
With UNO dropping out and Denver leaving next year will the Sun Belt be adding another team? Will UNO ever come back up to Division 1?

troy4ever21
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
UNO having to drop back to Div III, I highly doubt it. With the losses they sustained after Katrina, mainly students leaving, I don't see them ever coming back to Div I. No offense to them, but I don't see a reason for them to move back up, considering the cost of maintaining Div I status. I also remember the SBC had to pay some of their exit fees. I can see them moving up to Div II in the future and being competitive there, but Div I wouldn't do them any good. In my opinion.

To answer your question, I have no idea. I haven't heard anything from the other Sun Belters if the conference is looking for replacements. I think we should try and get schools with great women's sports and great basketball/baseball programs. The Sun Belt isn't the best women's sports conference (aside from Women's Basketball). I think it would help adding a school in that regard. We could also use a great basketball/baseball member. Missouri State comes to mind, but others tell me they're a long shot.

Pcbtrojan
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
UNO dropped to D II. They are now in our old conference the Gulf South Conference. They are starting their football program back up after a close to 40 year hibernation. Doubtful they will come back to D-1.

troy4ever21
12-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Hopefully their football team will attract more students. Many of my friends have sisters/brothers that went there, but left after Katrina.