PDA

View Full Version : We narrowly dodged the ESPN Bottom 10

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-30-2011, 04:49 PM
All 10 teams have completed their schedules (except New Mexico which will lose 99-0 to Boise), so their spots are cemented for this offseason. So we are safe. Thank goodness we pulled it together enough to beat FAU. But check out #10, hehe:

10. UAB 3-9 "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem": After beating his head against the wall at UAB for five seasons, former Blazers coach Neil Callaway might be sitting on a beach somewhere after he was fired Sunday. "No shoes. No shirt. No problem. Blues, what blues? Hey, I forgot 'em."

I think UAB should have placed much higher in the order considering they are the only team pathetic enough to lose to FAU.

Burn the Horse
11-30-2011, 05:19 PM
oh good, I'd hate to have something in common with UAB.

Burn the Horse
11-30-2011, 05:20 PM
and I'm sure Calloway is much more happy to be out as HC at UAB than UAB is to have him out. I pitty anyone dumb enough to accept that job, it's nothing but a resume destroyer.

troy4ever21
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Phew. :sick016:

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-30-2011, 05:28 PM
and I'm sure Calloway is much more happy to be out as HC at UAB than UAB is to have him out. I pitty anyone dumb enough to accept that job, it's nothing but a resume destroyer.

Just makes you wonder how much longer UAB is going to try to keep this charade going. What is the motivation? There's no way that mess of a football program is profitable or even close to breaking even. It has to be a huge drain and with no success to show for it, and no hope for it in the future, why continue? The failure to get a new on-campus stadium pretty much doomed Puff the Magic Dragon. Why does UAB insist on dying a slow death along with that condemned stadium to which they are now forever relegated? Perhaps BlazerTool can provide an insider perspective. BlazerTool, we know you are lurking.

troy4ever21
11-30-2011, 05:30 PM
What are the chances they get a good coach and turn things around? :confused-smiley-004

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
What are the chances they get a good coach and turn things around? :confused-smiley-004

Who are they going to hire? Who would want that job with no certainty of the continuation of a football program at all? It's a graveyard. It would have to be someone that's desperate for a job or stupid. Maybe a Joe Paterno assistant who wants to avoid greeting Walmart shoppers at all costs. Maybe one of these sad saps that just got fired from other schools like Bob Toledo or the dude from Akron. Maybe Spencer McCracken? Where is he these days? He always wanted to be a college head coach. I guess Tony Franklin might consider it just so he can be the head guy for a change. Maybe Terry Bowden. It doesn't really matter. That program is not going anywhere anytime soon. Despite whatever we are going through right now, at least Troy has a future. But I'm sure all those doctors will pool their money and lure someone in just by the paycheck alone. There's always some good former coach out there somewhere stocking grocery shelves and needing some quick cash.

Burn the Horse
11-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Just makes you wonder how much longer UAB is going to try to keep this charade going. What is the motivation? There's no way that mess of a football program is profitable or even close to breaking even. It has to be a huge drain and with no success to show for it, and no hope for it in the future, why continue? The failure to get a new on-campus stadium pretty much doomed Puff the Magic Dragon. Why does UAB insist on dying a slow death along with that condemned stadium to which they are now forever relegated? Perhaps BlazerTool can provide an insider perspective. BlazerTool, we know you are lurking.

Pride...not just a Biblical sin, apparently it wastes money too.

onlytrojans
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Just saying.....maybe we should suggest JR as the next HC at UAB.....lol

Burn the Horse
11-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Just saying.....maybe we should suggest JR as the next HC at UAB.....lol

talk about a "trojan horse."

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I pitty anyone dumb enough to accept that job

Yep. This is your moderator, GTT fans.

tenaciousT
12-01-2011, 11:56 AM

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm278/Gerald_Tremblay/I-like-waffles-Whats-your-point.jpg

Burn the Horse
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks for pointing out the obvious BU, I am in fact their moderator. in fact, I'm a pretty popular moderator, even if I do misspell a word from time to time. :thumb:

it's nice you like to stalk me across the internet, but pointing out all the words I misspell doesn't really bother me. I've never claimed to have perfect grammar on forums.

do they stone folks for poor grammar down in Monroeville? :rollinglaugh:

newnan trojan
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
He has to resort to picking on your grammar because there noting in the UAB football program that is better than Troys!

I really feel as though he is a closet Troy fan deep down.

Burn the Horse
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
ah he's been picking on my grammar for years now. I misspelled parity a while back, and he quoted it and used the post as his signature on NCAAbbs for like a year. :laughing021:

It's quite a compliment to have someone care so much.

http://www.a3xvv.com/modules/users/avatar_show.php?uid=263

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
ah he's been picking on my grammar for years now. I misspelled parity a while back, and he quoted it and used the post as his signature on NCAAbbs for like a year.

It's quite a compliment to have someone care so much.

And it was such a ringing endorsement, you begged to get it removed--both there and here at GTT.com. I'm sure you were about to mention that part of the story, right?

Spelling smack is weak, but I guess I'm just amazed that a literate adult could misspell 'pity'. Words like 'onomatopoeia' and 'anthropomorphic', those I could see anyone screwing up. Or even one of those screwy I-before-E-except-after-C words. But the word 'pity'?

Harry Baker
12-01-2011, 02:40 PM
And it was such a ringing endorsement, you begged to get it removed--both there and here at GTT.com. I'm sure you were about to mention that part of the story, right?

Spelling smack is weak, but I guess I'm just amazed that a literate adult could misspell 'pity'. Words like 'onomatopoeia' and 'anthropomorphic', those I could see anyone screwing up. Or even one of those screwy I-before-E-except-after-C words. But the word 'pity'?

Hey - you edited your post - ded ya miss pell sompem der?

TexasTrojan
12-01-2011, 02:40 PM

blazeeerrunit has some kynd of sik speling fedish

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey - you edited your post - ded ya miss pell sompem der?

Who are you?

TexasTrojan
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Who are you?

Why thats Harry bassazzer unyt ...I do think he spelled it korrect

Burn the Horse
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM

oh yeah, I definitly asked you on several different occasions to take it down as time went on. I wouldn't call that begging, but I PM'd you trying to figure out why it stayed up for such a long period of time.

so who is the wacko out of those two sides? me for asking you to take it down or you for keeping it up for so long? :thumb:

oh and to top it off, after I changed my username from TDC to BTH (because I aquired mod status), you changed the username in the sig to match my new one. I thought that was pretty crazy.

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
oh yeah, I definitly asked you on several different occasions to take it down as time went on. I wouldn't call that begging, but I PM'd you trying to figure out why it stayed up for such a long period of time.

so who is the wacko out of those two sides? me for asking you to take it down or you for keeping it up for so long?

oh and to top it off, after I changed my username from TDC to BTH (because I aquired mod status), you changed the username in the sig to match my new one. I thought that was pretty crazy.

You are "definitly" being creative with the truth here, but whatever. 'Tis your way.

Burn the Horse
12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
look BlazerUnit, I know your whole online persona is about being confrontational with Troy fans, but I'm done with letting you get under my skin. you never stop if people respond, and since I have a family now and I'm truely a happy and successful man, I just don't have time for it.

you did some things that were really crazy a while back and it bothered me then. however, I've grown up a lot since, and your antics just don't irritate me like they once did.

so, maybe you need to find a new victim to stalk and harrass because I'm not interested in playing your game anymore. sorry.

edit: we can talk sports smack if you like, but I'm just not in to the whole personal attacks bit.

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
yep. This is your moderator, gtt fans.

24-23

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
and it was such a ringing endorsement, you begged to get it removed--both there and here at gtt.com. I'm sure you were about to mention that part of the story, right?

Spelling smack is weak, but i guess i'm just amazed that a literate adult could misspell 'pity'. Words like 'onomatopoeia' and 'anthropomorphic', those i could see anyone screwing up. Or even one of those screwy i-before-e-except-after-c words. But the word 'pity'?

24-23

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Who are you?

Vierundzwanzig - dreiundzwanzig

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 10:15 PM
you are "definitly" being creative with the truth here, but whatever. 'tis your way.

24-23

Trojans1andAll
12-02-2011, 02:58 AM
You are "definitly" being creative with the truth here, but whatever. 'Tis your way.

ni ju yon - ni ju san

Harry Baker
12-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Who are you?

Who's asking?

TrojanWarrior418
12-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Come to think of it when was the last time ESPN's Bottom 10 DIDN'T have a Sunbelt Team on it?