PDA

View Full Version : Well, our team is playing like zombies, so...

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
...how come the farm in AMC's "The Walking Dead" is so safe from walker attack? Seems like a wide open space, like in our defensive line. It's not like it has a giant wall around it.

Burn the Horse
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I know you led in to this with a football-esk direction, but the thread itself is about a television show and has no business being in the Football forum. I moved it to the appropriate board.

Chrono124
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I know you led in to this with a football-esk direction, but the thread itself is about a television show and has no business being in the Football forum. I moved it to the appropriate board.

Awwwwww BTH stop flexing that admin muscle, zombies are the sh*t and maybe our defense would be more effective if they ate ppls brains every game....

Burn the Horse
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM
hey i LOVE The Walking Dead, watch it every week. however, this IS where this thread belongs and I'm just doing my job. :eatdrink004:

SOTSButterfly
11-29-2011, 09:24 AM
It looks like it's surrounded by a fence, at least, and maybe walkers can't climb fences?

Burn the Horse
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
All the local walkers are in the barn.

Chrono124
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
I havent started watching walking dead yet, just finished breaking bad, and Sons of Anarchy. I guess thats next on my list along with finishing Caprica.

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
All the local walkers are in the barn.

Not true. Daryl is able to stumble back to the farm severely injured after an encounter with 2 roaming zombies at the stream, which means it couldn't be that far away. Also the highway where an entire zombie horde passed by is not that far removed from the farm. Two more zombies are discovered stuck in the creek bed in the last episode before the mid-season break. With all the noise and lights being left on at night (zombies are attracted to light as proven when they are distracted by flares in a previous episode), it seems like every zombie on the highway, in the woods, etc. would be converging on that farm like moths to a flame. When the group goes off the farm to practice shooting, nothing is attracted then either.

I love the show and that last episode was a complete shocker. I just don't see how the farm is that safe. Wide open spaces, with no visible barriers around it (like extensive barbed wire or a wall of some kind).

BDM88
12-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Not true. Daryl is able to stumble back to the farm severely injured after an encounter with 2 roaming zombies at the stream, which means it couldn't be that far away. Also the highway where an entire zombie horde passed by is not that far removed from the farm. Two more zombies are discovered stuck in the creek bed in the last episode before the mid-season break. With all the noise and lights being left on at night (zombies are attracted to light as proven when they are distracted by flares in a previous episode), it seems like every zombie on the highway, in the woods, etc. would be converging on that farm like moths to a flame. When the group goes off the farm to practice shooting, nothing is attracted then either.

I love the show and that last episode was a complete shocker. I just don't see how the farm is that safe. Wide open spaces, with no visible barriers around it (like extensive barbed wire or a wall of some kind).

The Farm does have gates. Remember when Glenn and the dude that cut his arm arrived Maggie asked if they had closed and clasped the gate. As For Daryl limping back they didn't show him coming through a gate or going out one either. But the walkers get stuck in the bog I guess the humans do not.

And another thing BOOO AMC for making me wait until February to see the next episode!