PDA

View Full Version : Have heart, Trojan - at least we ain't UAB

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7287425/uab-fires-coach-neil-callaway-fifth-losing-year

Lowest attendance in 10 years.
Smallest recruiting budget in CUSA.
Crappy facilities.
On-campus stadium rejected.
A coach that said "UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES", 18-42 in 5 seasons was a success.

Possum
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
and some how they think they are better than us...

I don't see UA'sB football program to be around much longer... I think it will be gone within the next 5 years.

troy4ever21
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I guess we'll have to transfer all our hatred towards South. :eatdrink004:

dgoebel
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
If we play this way next year, USA will beat us. We have to get this ship turned around by all means neccessary.

Cane gone Trojan
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I guess we'll have to transfer all our hatred towards South. :eatdrink004:

South WHO?

Burn the Horse
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
UAB has two or three players I'd like to have on our roster. maybe they'll get shut down soon and we can add those guy to our team.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
We are on the road to being UAB. Will anything change? Time will tell

Hemi Man
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM

I'm guessing you will see some substantial changes during the off season.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-28-2011, 02:29 PM

I hope so. I am not saying that firing anyone is a must. That will be the decision of people that know more than I do. But, the lack of acting like a DI program at all even in the pre-season has to stop. We have some big games to win in 2012.

troy4ever21
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM

How? Yeah we had an off season and we might have a few more, but we're not UAB. We have thousands of faithful alumni, a somewhat strong fan base, name recognition, fantastic facilities in all sports (once Trojan Arena is complete), and we don't have a sister university's board of trustees dictating everything we do. We'll survive this season and live to fight another day. GO TROJANS! :thumb:

gotu
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM

Next Monday?

Hemi Man
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope so. I am not saying that firing anyone is a must. That will be the decision of people that know more than I do. But, the lack of acting like a DI program at all even in the pre-season has to stop. We have some big games to win in 2012.

Just my opinion, but it one coach goes most certainly two will go. It could end up at 4 or even more. There very well may be some players that aren't back next year either. It will all work itself out in the coming months.

Chrono124
11-28-2011, 03:37 PM
If we lose to those idiots at USA next year I will withdraw from Troy immediately after, and go live somewhere far far away. I don't care if we lose every game as long as we don't lose to USA. That's the amount of hate I have for those morons. Hopefully they will follow in UABs footsteps and die a slow painful death.

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
If we lose to those idiots at USA next year I will withdraw from Troy immediately after, and go live somewhere far far away. I don't care if we lose every game as long as we don't lose to USA. That's the amount of hate I have for those morons. Hopefully they will follow in UABs footsteps and die a slow painful death.

I'm with you there, but the folks at USA are way more competent than the circus clowns in Birmingham, and they will have their own on-campus stadium in a nice area free of crips and bloods. I'm a little afraid of the threat of USA's ascendance but UAB concerns me about as much would finding a toe nail in my Burger King fish sandwich. I'd be disgusted, but I'd forget it about 30 minutes later and I'd sleep just fine that night.

Burn the Horse
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM

not that I love South Alabama, but where is all this venemous hatred coming from? We haven't even played them yet.

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
not that I love South Alabama, but where is all this venemous hatred coming from? We haven't even played them yet.

Can't speak for the hatred, but USA will be a big obstacle for us. They have a lot of money behind them, they will siphon recruits away from us, they will probably be that coveted "third place team" in Alabama and stand in line to move up into bigger conferences rather than us. They are a threat to us, unlike Puff the Magic Dragon up in west Birmingham. Plus we and they have been building bad blood in basketball and baseball and women's fencing.

Chrono124
11-28-2011, 10:01 PM

I lived near mobile, in Baldwin county, and had a bunch of ppl I knew go to school there. When I got out of Foley everyone was going there to play football, basically moving from one high school to another. The ppl at USA are full of nothing but hot air. I just hate all of mobile too, that disgusting dieing cesspool of a city makes me sick, just like New Orleans ughhhhh makes me feel gross just thinking about it. The thug politicians they had there have ruined a once up and coming city. really though wtf is "South in your mouth" sounds like something ppl talk about at a gay bar or something. (not that I have anything against gay ppl, I am just saying) I never had anything wrong with south until they started getting big heads from beating high school teams, and suddenly they are all 10ft tall and bulletproof. I hope they have a wonderfully crappy season next year and are labeled the new FAU of the belt.

BTW I could go on for days about this venomous hatred I have for USA....}:)

troy4ever21
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah I love the rivalry we have with them in baseball and basketball. Our largest crowds at Sartain are when they are in town.

I don't care what y'all say the Troy/USA game will be a great benefit to both universities. :thumb:

troy4ever21
11-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Troy vs. South basketball attendance:
2010- 2,151
2009- 2,482
2008- 3,018 (That was an awesome game. The largest crowd I've seen in Sartain and very loud!)

http://troytrojans.com/images/2009/3/1/rp_primary_aaa%204x3%20x_KG21465.jpg

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 12:51 AM
and some how they think they are better than us...

We don't think we're better. We know so.

Eat it.

Possum
12-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Scoreboard.

and besides your football program is on life support, it won't be around much longer...

BDM88
12-01-2011, 04:02 AM
We don't think we're better. We know so.

Eat it.

BU answer this question. Who has the winning edge in the series between UAB and Troy? I know the answer but you are going to try and spin it like a True UAB fan would. But I wanna see if you can at least be rational enough to answer it with the correct record.

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
BU answer this question. Who has the winning edge in the series between UAB and Troy? I know the answer but you are going to try and spin it like a True UAB fan would. But I wanna see if you can at least be rational enough to answer it with the correct record.

4-5 overall, advantage Troy. In FBS big-boy-ball? 4-3, advantage UAB.

Rational. And correct.

TexasTrojan
12-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Rational. And correct.

So you lost 2 games to the little league while you were big boy ball. Thats just sad

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Scoreboard.

and besides your football program is on life support, it won't be around much longer...

Do you ever come with anything fresh, or are you just playing the part depicted in your avatar?

TexasTrojan
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Do you ever come with anything fresh, or are you just playing the part depicted in your avatar?

Hey Blazer someone was telling me the USA Con board that UAB stood for Univ of Alabama's bytch school ... is that true?

dgoebel
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
:
Hey Blazer someone was telling me the USA Con board that UAB stood for Univ of Alabama's bytch school ... is that true?

:rollinglaugh::devil22:

BlazerUnit
12-01-2011, 06:39 PM

No.

BDM88
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Rational. And correct.

See I knew you couldn't answer it with out Spin. Yes Troy leads the series and that is all that matters. So why do you think UAB is better again? Now as for Big Boy Football hasn't UAB been in D1 longer than Troy? Also why is it even up here in Tennessee people know about Troy but ask who is UAB?

BDM88
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey BU then why are you all not getting an on campus stadium? Oh that's right The real Bama said no to it's Farm team in BHam.

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
we don't think we're better. We know so.

Eat it.

24-23

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
4-5 overall, advantage troy. In fbs big-boy-ball? 4-3, advantage uab.

Rational. And correct.

24-23

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
do you ever come with anything fresh, or are you just playing the part depicted in your avatar?

24-23

Doug4Troy
12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
No.

Twenty four - twenty three

Burn the Horse
12-01-2011, 10:14 PM
24-23...in our worst FBS season ever.

BlazerUnit
12-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Twenty four - twenty three

It's cool. Your team won. Enjoy the bragging rights while you can, because you won't have them next fall.

Doug4Troy
12-02-2011, 02:05 AM
it's cool. Your team won. Enjoy the bragging rights while you can, because you won't have them next fall.

7+7+10 - 7+6+10

Burn the Horse
12-02-2011, 08:13 AM
It's cool. Your team won. Enjoy the bragging rights while you can, because you won't have them next fall.

why is that? is UAB football going to close shop before then? I figured the UAT BOT would give yall atleast one more season.

BDM88
12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I asked a judge for a ruling on the argument between UAB and Troy.

I was told that I didn't need a judgment that Troy won by default as he has never heard of UAB having a real football team so the argument was a moot point. And to further prove my point UA's BOT slapped UAB's plans for an on campus stadium down as it is not needed in the scheme of future plans at UA!

gotu
12-02-2011, 07:01 PM
A 100 plus team talking smack to a 100 plus team? How much lower can we go?