PDA

View Full Version : What I would love to see...

TexasTrojan
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Troy has some big ole boys on the roster at running back.

Fields
Exley
Kelly
Conner
Lee

Id like to see some BIGGER

Id like to see a North South runner like Cambell in the backfield punishing defensive lines every time they got the ball. This would keep the defensive backs on thier heels . Southward is fun to watch once he gets thru the line,but the line hasnt given him much to get through this year. He does work hard at blocking when needed but hard to match up when your blocking someone with 100lbs on you.

Im saying rotate the big boys in and out and pound the d-line and sprinkle a little Southward in there every once in awhile.

SMASH MOUTH ... when those 185 lbs safties go for a tackle hit em HEAD ON ...

TrojanFanatic
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I've watched Southward deliver some pretty good hits of his own

TroyDrum89
11-21-2011, 12:16 PM

This.

Southward has incredible strength considering his size. The big difference between last year and this year is that Southward was barreling through blocks to shoulder some of the secondary guys. Now, he's having to lower his head against guys twice his size because our O-Line is falling on their backs at the beginning of the play.

Lego
11-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Troy has some big ole boys on the roster at running back.

Fields
Exley
Kelly
Conner
Lee

Id like to see some BIGGER

Id like to see a North South runner like Cambell in the backfield punishing defensive lines every time they got the ball. This would keep the defensive backs on thier heels . Southward is fun to watch once he gets thru the line,but the line hasnt given him much to get through this year. He does work hard at blocking when needed but hard to match up when your blocking someone with 100lbs on you.

Im saying rotate the big boys in and out and pound the d-line and sprinkle a little Southward in there every once in awhile.

SMASH MOUTH ... when those 185 lbs safties go for a tackle hit em HEAD ON ...

This.

Southward has incredible strength considering his size. The big difference between last year and this year is that Southward was barreling through blocks to shoulder some of the secondary guys. Now, he's having to lower his head against guys twice his size because our O-Line is falling on their backs at the beginning of the play.

Wrong side of the ball, Texas. Need defensive backs or coaching that puts them in the correct position for success.

TexasTrojan
11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Wrong side of the ball, Texas. Need defensive backs or coaching that puts them in the correct position for success.

I dont know ... seems the defense does pretty well when they get some rest.

Kind of hard when you get the ball back ... and have to run out 4 plays or less later. I do agree parts of the defense need to be shored up. But we cant run sustained drives with out a better running attack. I agree that the o-line is banged up and on pass plays a larger back could help with the blocking scheme. A larger back might tip pass play to the defense only to see a 230 lb missle running it up the gut. Or staying back to block...Im not saying bench Southward .

What I see now is the DB staying back on coverage ... we are just predictable

Hemi Man
11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Double post.

Hemi Man
11-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Jimmie Anderson seems to do just fine back there with JR coaching. Willis has looked good since getting healthy.

Mr. Ho
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Offense isn't ranked 109th in the country...like our defense is.

ksdtrojan
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Agreed!!! Defense needs to be fixed first.

Lego
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Jimmie Anderson seems to do just fine back there with JR coaching. Willis has looked good since getting healthy.

In all seriousness, maybe JR could go back the Secondary Coach, maybe this is the right spoke in his wheelhouse. Win, win.

Agreed!!! Defense needs to be fixed first.

Ho & ksd pegged it: Troy defense has been in the bottom 10% of the nation the last three years. Trend.

Discophobia
11-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I dont know ... seems the defense does pretty well when they get some rest.

Kind of hard when you get the ball back ... and have to run out 4 plays or less later. I do agree parts of the defense need to be shored up. But we cant run sustained drives with out a better running attack. What I see now is the DB staying back on coverage ... we are just predictable

You are forgetting that our defense has stunk for several years, but in the past they had the offense that clicked and put up big numbers. The problem started long before this season. It is a coaching issue, yeah it stinks to be on the field more this season because our offense isnt running at full speed, but you need to look at the past several seasons with Rowell at the defensive helm.