PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs. FAU Game Thread

CHughes1102
11-19-2011, 03:18 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/TROY-3.gif VS. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/FAU.gif

Game Time: 2:30 TV: CSS

*** Chat Room Available on Front Page of GTT.com*** http://www.gotroytrojans.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well folks....we should win this one at least....maybe....hopefully.

GO TROJANS!!!

moosicman
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
*cough*....I'm hating this weather.

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Field Goal. 3-0. I'll take it, at least we are leading.

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Touchdown TROY. 10-0

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Touchdown TROY. 17-0. Keep it up Trojans

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
17-7 at halftime.

newnan trojan
11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Goodness! How bad is FAU to be almost losing 17-0 at Halftime!!!:eek:

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Touchdown TROY. 24-7

BDM88
11-19-2011, 06:23 PM
31-7 Troy! FAWHO is by far the worst in the Nation!

TrojanBear
11-19-2011, 06:40 PM
34-7 TROJANS. Congrats Seniors

newnan trojan
11-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Yay! No bottom 10 for us! Atleast not this week...

GoTroyGo1
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Are we actually getting better, was FAU that awful or both? I hope we keep trying hard in the last two games. 5-7 wouldn't be great, but we'd finish on a positive note.

TroyFootball05
11-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Are we actually getting better, was FAU that awful or both? I hope we keep trying hard in the last two games. 5-7 wouldn't be great, but we'd finish on a positive note.

its better than the previous 2-10 we were staring at, no doubt. Here's hoping we finish strong.

Burn the Horse
11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
our receivers looked better this week, Eric Thomas looked great. Corey looked very good with a little time to do what he does.

Bamcubz
11-19-2011, 10:21 PM
They played well tonight, now if only they could have played this way all season.

newnan trojan
11-19-2011, 10:42 PM
We may have played better but we are a long ways out from good. FAU is just BAD! They would make Charles Henderson look good!

That being said maybe just maybe we have enough to upset WKU who is #2 in the SBC, this win is a moral buster I hope!

wrden
11-19-2011, 11:53 PM
We may have played better but we are a long ways out from good. FAU is just BAD! They would make Charles Henderson look good!

That being said maybe just maybe we have enough to upset WKU who is #2 in the SBC, this win is a moral buster I hope!
agreed, better but much improvement to be made, plus FAU is really bad.

GoTroyGo1
11-20-2011, 05:47 AM
I'll take a "W" any way I can get one especially this season.

TrojanWarrior418
11-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Time for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good: Troy finally made some plays. Connected on some long passes and the D even got a couple of sacks. I saw that no matter what the team looks like if they can find a rhythm they can be productive.

Special Teams! Never thought I would give props to special teams but aside from Mikey Taylor missing another field goal (again) Justin Albert should be game MVP for making some awesome returns.

Eric Thomas and Corey Johnson: I think we've found our duo.

A win: Yep, we needed it. I'm glad we could send out this group of seniors in their finally game at VMS with a much needed "W".

Tipping our cap: I thought it was real classy for Troy to welcome Coach Howard Schnellenberger to Alabama one last time and even on the radio talked about his accomplishments and what he has done for college football.

The Bad It was one step forward two steps back. The penalty monster came back to bite us again. Granted it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier in the year but 5 penalties for 29 yards it still bad.

Turnovers: 3. Two fumbles and an interception. We need to be preaching ball security.

Slow start: If we have trouble getting going against FAU the last two games are going to be painful. No other teams are going to make the types of mistakes like FAU did until we can find our groove and get going.

The Ugly: Rushing: Do we have a rushing game? Only 41 yards rushing. Seems like our rushing plan consist of sending Anderson/Southward up the middle or going around the edges for a yard gain/loss.

The Crowd: Probably the worst crowd I've ever seen at a Troy game. To be honest I really don't blame the students. Why would I want to hang around an extra day on campus for a struggling football team when I could be headed to the airport to catch a flight home for the Thanksgiving holiday? I could count how many people were in the student section, it was that bad.

Dropped Passes: Chandler Worthy is the worst offender. I'm not talking about under thrown passes or over thrown passes etc...I'm talking about passes and possible interceptions that went off their hands or off their chests. It was painful to watch.

Overall: Great to have a win but the last two games are going to be vicious. We are playing #2 and #1 in the conference in away games; I don't like our odds. But I hope this season sticks in the crawl of everyone associated with this team and this provides to motivation we need to work in the off season in every facet of the game.

But even with that said I want to say good luck to the team for the remainder of the season. Congrats to the seniors I only wished you could have gotten a better send off than this. And I look forward to seeing you all and tailgating with you next season down in Troy.

Mike Cunningham
11-20-2011, 11:09 AM
5 penalties for 29 yards is bad?

I'll disagree.

likesturtles
11-20-2011, 11:48 AM
The Ugly:[/B] Rushing: Do we have a rushing game? Only 41 yards rushing. Seems like our rushing plan consist of sending Anderson/Southward up the middle or going around the edges for a yard gain/loss.

We actually do have a good running game with DJ and Southward. But it's inconsistant. I hang my head each time they put Anderson in as an RB. He's a good and quick receiver, though. Are they just not sure how they want to use him?

The Crowd: Probably the worst crowd I've ever seen at a Troy game.

Wasn't AL beating up on GA Southern for homecoming? I suspect that was the primary problem in our lack of a crowd. A lot of folks would rather watch a win over an FCS team than a possible loss to a rival sunbelt team. And, like you pointed out, the holiday traveling didn't help, either.

Dropped Passes: Chandler Worthy is the worst offender.

Chandler is a work in progress. He's got a ton of talent and will be even better next year. He just had a bad day yesterday. But don't forget all the passes he has caught along with some really good returns. He and Justin Albert are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I think Justin wins the award for most improved player from the start of the season. He's really matured and is becoming a force to be reckoned with.

I walked out of the stadium giddy yesterday. I had a blast, even with the small crowd because the folks that were there WANTED to be there. That makes all the difference. And we beat FAU. Again. Woohoo!

dgoebel
11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Time for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good: Troy finally made some plays. Connected on some long passes and the D even got a couple of sacks. I saw that no matter what the team looks like if they can find a rhythm they can be productive.

Special Teams! Never thought I would give props to special teams but aside from Mikey Taylor missing another field goal (again) Justin Albert should be game MVP for making some awesome returns.

Eric Thomas and Corey Johnson: I think we've found our duo.

A win: Yep, we needed it. I'm glad we could send out this group of seniors in their finally game at VMS with a much needed "W".

Tipping our cap: I thought it was real classy for Troy to welcome Coach Howard Schnellenberger to Alabama one last time and even on the radio talked about his accomplishments and what he has done for college football.

The Bad It was one step forward two steps back. The penalty monster came back to bite us again. Granted it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier in the year but 5 penalties for 29 yards it still bad.

Turnovers: 3. Two fumbles and an interception. We need to be preaching ball security.

Slow start: If we have trouble getting going against FAU the last two games are going to be painful. No other teams are going to make the types of mistakes like FAU did until we can find our groove and get going.

The Ugly: Rushing: Do we have a rushing game? Only 41 yards rushing. Seems like our rushing plan consist of sending Anderson/Southward up the middle or going around the edges for a yard gain/loss.

The Crowd: Probably the worst crowd I've ever seen at a Troy game. To be honest I really don't blame the students. Why would I want to hang around an extra day on campus for a struggling football team when I could be headed to the airport to catch a flight home for the Thanksgiving holiday? I could count how many people were in the student section, it was that bad.

Dropped Passes: Chandler Worthy is the worst offender. I'm not talking about under thrown passes or over thrown passes etc...I'm talking about passes and possible interceptions that went off their hands or off their chests. It was painful to watch.

Overall: Great to have a win but the last two games are going to be vicious. We are playing #2 and #1 in the conference in away games; I don't like our odds. But I hope this season sticks in the crawl of everyone associated with this team and this provides to motivation we need to work in the off season in every facet of the game.

But even with that said I want to say good luck to the team for the remainder of the season. Congrats to the seniors I only wished you could have gotten a better send off than this. And I look forward to seeing you all and tailgating with you next season down in Troy.

14,000 announced??? By the looks of camera angles I would say 4,000-5,000 was actual. This is scary going into next season. You are right though, fans aren't going to come out and watch penalties, poor tackling, dropped passes, fumbles etc. I hope this isn't a sign of future Trojan attendance.

Hemi Man
11-20-2011, 11:54 AM
5 penalties for 29 yards is bad?

I'll disagree.

I agree with you Mike. I will take 5 for 29 yards at every game. Can't knock Worthy to much he has made his share of big plays and he is a true freshman. He will get better and better. the interception that Corey threw was a fluke play. The defender hit him as he threw it and it bounced off the ankle of a lineman into the hands of an FAU player. Plenty if work to do, but now isn't the time to complain about a win.

TrojanWarrior418
11-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Don't get me wrong fellas this was just the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for THIS particular game. Not saying we don't have potential down the road.

Speaking of which who all is coming back next year? How much experience will they have under their belts? I've noticed we're doing a lot more recruiting out of high school but will all of those high school guys make the academic cut?