PDA

View Full Version : Why do your students leave at the half?

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
If they don't care about your football team, why go at all? Would like some inside perspective from perhaps some Troy students on why this is? Are they forced to go for at least a half by someone?

newnan trojan
11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Why do your students never show up in the first place?

dgoebel
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
:
Why do your students never show up in the first place?

:rollinglaugh::devil22:

troy145
11-15-2011, 02:27 PM
They leave cus theyre all searching for a new DC

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Now that wasn't very nice. But that was my point. Why half the apathy? Wouldn't it make more sense to not show up at all if you just don't care? Just looking for some insight on this from Troy people.

Cane gone Trojan
11-15-2011, 02:37 PM
The better question is.....Why does UAB even have a football program for students to show up at?

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Just for the record, I ain't no UAB fan. I was just messing with y'all trying to get everyone fired up and on the same page against the enemy. If you read my posts, you can see that I actually make way more fun of UAB than Troy. I am really a long lost former gotroytrojans.com contributor under a new pseudonym to protect the guilty. Now, can someone answer my questions, preferably a student who has inside knowledge, but the theories of all are welcome? Why do the Troy students have 50% school spirit and %50 apathy? I believe "half-assed" is the term.

Buzz Lightyear
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
For several years not showing up at all.........then about 2-3 years ago showing up in better numbers and leaving......But last year they stuck around better.....look up old threads complimenting the students.....this year they leave so they get there party started early.......drinking is an age old game for students and this year drives us old guys to drink.....So I believe that if games are close and or we are blowing folks away and we are winning a whole lot of them would stick around more......But last year overall the students were pretty good at sticking around......I sort of remember a better year except for homecoming at home last year...........

Build it and they will come.....entertain the little suckers and they will stay...
Students in this MTV muti-tech world of everything instantly....well attention spans are not just there for watching the ship sink.....they are not that into it yet......But if we had a chance for undefeated going on they would be there and be staying....just like a few more thousand of folks that sit in the stands...

And while we are at it......17K plus for homecoming must have been 11-12 K on the home side......and up top as I was standing and hollering......looked around several times and I bet nearly 2% were joining in with me....My wife said "why don't you jump over this rale behind us and do a cartwheel and toe touch for the crowd....they obviously are looking for something to get excited about".....Who knows I might just do that this coming weekend.....

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
The better question is.....Why does UAB even have a football program for students to show up at?

So I believe that if games are close and or we are blowing folks away and we are winning a whole lot of them would stick around more......But last year overall the students were pretty good at sticking around......

But all the home games have been close at the half. And that's when they pack up and leave. And this past Saturday it was hardly 2pm, so why can't they wait and go drink later? And it's not always when Alabama and/or Auburn are playing either and they still get up and leave while the Troy games are still very much in question. Who knows, our team may look up in the 3rd quarter and see how the students have quit, and maybe they quit, too.

Buzz Lightyear
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
But all the home games have been close at the half. And that's when they pack up and leave. And this past Saturday it was hardly 2pm, so why can't they wait and go drink later? And it's not always when Alabama and/or Auburn are playing either and they still get up and leave while the Troy games are still very much in question. Who knows, our team may look up in the 3rd quarter and see how the students have quit, and maybe they quit, too.

We are not winning......and though close we are not playing well.......and if you have ever been to a movie a couple of times then see it on TV you kind of think you know how it is going to turn out.......Not that it is exactly the same but this year kind of leads the impressionable to think it well......and outcome equaling belief feeds into that...........If we are ahead by 21 at half this coming week less will leave but still some will..........next year less will leave if we win more.....as in dominate belt again.

Buzz Lightyear
11-15-2011, 03:15 PM

As far as our team looking up and seeing the students leave.........GOOD POINT....Team mentality....our performance equals your expectation when you give little support...

dgoebel
11-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Just a thought here but we are not a second half team. When we lose it is always in the second half. Maybe that factors into students leaving. Still no excuse, you support your team till the end.

TrojanWarrior418
11-15-2011, 03:37 PM
This season I haven't seen THAT many student leave at halftime. Yeah I see a few leave here and there but for the most part a majority of them stay the entire game. And yes I've sat in the student section at every home game this year.

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 03:45 PM
This season I haven't seen THAT many student leave at halftime. Yeah I see a few leave here and there but for the most part a majority of them stay the entire game. And yes I've sat in the student section at every home game this year.

I sit across from the student section so I have a good view and it looks like 40-50 % leave, and it is that way right at the second half kickoff. By then, they are gone. In the past few years, they have stayed, but now it's for only half the game. And I guess that goes back to my original point, that if they are that disinterested, why come at all?

Hemi Man
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
I sit across from the student section so I have a good view and it looks like 40-50 % leave, and it is that way right at the second half kickoff. By then, they are gone. In the past few years, they have stayed, but now it's for only half the game. And I guess that goes back to my original point, that if they are that disinterested, why come at all?

Free hotdogs.

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Free hotdogs.

Then let's give away free pizza at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Hemi Man
11-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Then let's give away free pizza at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Have you ever tried catching a pizza thrown into the stands?

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Have you ever tried catching a pizza thrown into the stands?

Well, tell the students to bring plastic with which to cover up and we can treat it like a Gallagher show or the Nickelodeon Kid's Awards with the green slime, might be fun. Some of them might stick around to be pelted by pizza sauce.

Oh, and bring back the hot tub to the Northeast end of the bleachers.

Chrono124
11-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I would rather them come for half the game than not at all. At least if they come for a while it still helps our attendance out.

TexasTrojan
11-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Have a Forrest Gump fun run between the 3rd and 4th. And a Bubba Gump shrimp eating contest after the game.

And then there would be the LT DAN wheelie contest after the shrimp

trojanbrutha
11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Just for the record, I ain't no UAB fan. I was just messing with y'all trying to get everyone fired up and on the same page against the enemy. If you read my posts, you can see that I actually make way more fun of UAB than Troy. I am really a long lost former gotroytrojans.com contributor under a new pseudonym to protect the guilty. Now, can someone answer my questions, preferably a student who has inside knowledge, but the theories of all are welcome? Why do the Troy students have 50% school spirit and %50 apathy? I believe "half-assed" is the term.

Chipshot...you are far more transparent than you would think...:wave:

Cliptdopt Dognabby
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM

I dunno, I had some of you going. It was mainly a way to make UAB look dumb rather than Troy. The UAB Children's Hospital has taken super care of my child a couple of times, and I am immensely grateful for that, but their football team can suck it, as far as I am concerned.

Cane gone Trojan
11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Free hotdogs.

Good anwser....when I was a student they threw subway sandwiches into the stands. I was not going to leave that game until they did.lol

sasquatch67
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Just a thought here but we are not a second half team. When we lose it is always in the second half. Maybe that factors into students leaving. Still no excuse, you support your team till the end.

No that means coaches arent making adjustments sometimes.

sasquatch67
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
They should announce an award for most spirit duing the game and announce at the middle of the 4th quarter or something. You get those frats/sororities competing against each other that place would be loud. Have you heard some of those girls scream when they win something!!GEEZ!!!!:eek:

IntgrB18C5
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I honestly do not know why the students leave. Of all the people the students should be the ones who stay.

People are sheep, they fall in line and just follow the crowd (especially greeks).

It is like it is premeditated no matter the score of the game. I look at the faces of the people leaving and you can see that they planned on leaving at halftime.

Its F*cking stupid and I want beat everyone who leaves with a baseball bat

It is the attitude "well Troy games aren't like Alabama or Auburn" well not with that attitude, Troy athletic events are what you make of them so if you stay the whole game, get loud, and enjoy yourself more people will join.....then boom domino effect and the next thing you know it you get 30,000 rowdy fans staying the whole time.....It starts with fan support and attitude, period

chipshot
11-15-2011, 06:47 PM

So how much do you want to wager on your "reading" abilities? Of course I have read many of your posts and am not real surprised that you would be the one to totally get this wrong.:rollinglaugh:

Mike Cunningham
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I swear the word chipshot should be on the censor list on this board. As soon as you say his name he comes a running. At least you had to say Beetlejuice 3 times before he showed up!

TroyTuba
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Mike's getting points for that post......made me almost spit out my kool-aid!!!!

trojanbrutha
11-16-2011, 12:05 AM
So how much do you want to wager on your "reading" abilities? Of course I have read many of your posts and am not real surprised that you would be the one to totally get this wrong.:rollinglaugh:

yeah...right...anybody that says, 'answer the question' has to be you.

redwaver
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
bamagrad1998 November 17, 2011 at 9:09AM
Follow
Article from Birmingham News about playing in state schools:
"Jon, maybe you missed it, and I know folks like you have been dragging this poor horse to death for YEARS BUT the SEC just expanded to 14 schools for next season. That means one less BYE week next year. Frankly, I don't care that we don't offer to play JSU or any other smaller school in this state. I don't really want to go see us play the teams we already have scheduled at this time, either. But back to your issue with not playing smaller in state schools. If we did, the alumni of those schools that make up a large portion of the Alabama fan base (The only reason Auburn is playing Samford is Pat Sullivan) would have to pick sides. I know alums of JSU, for starters, who haven't been back to that school since they graduated, but they are in Tuscaloosa every time the Crimson Tide is.

And Final Voice, if you are over 18 and really believe that crap you spew about Alabama fans, you must have a really messed up issue of hatred towards the University of Alabama."

Now it is sad when Alabama fans honestly believe that a large portion" of their fans are graduates from other schools in the state. Sad...........but true.:sad010:

Bamcubz
11-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Most going to the games a frat/sor and just hanging around until the parties start.

whats sad is when the SOTS is performing at the football rally the football players have headphones on .... HELLO MCFLY this is for you :mad::mad:

BDM88
11-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Most going to the games a frat/sor and just hanging around until the parties start.

whats sad is when the SOTS is performing at the football rally the football players have headphones on .... HELLO MCFLY this is for you :mad::mad:

Um...This is Why The TEAM has lost it's focus! I am no longer going to listen to excuses from anyone defending anyone from this team. Neither the Players or Coaches. A Pep rally for the TEAM is a TEAM function and they should be a TEAM not a bunch of individuals! IE Every Player should be dressed the same and void of IPODS/IPHONES and looking as if they give a crap!

Sorry but this is the last straw for me. Yes I have said stuff both good and bad about this team on here and in Chat. But Come On Man Have some respect for your institution!

Bamcubz
11-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Even today with the Trojan walk there were at least 1/2 dozen with their ear phones on while they walked through the SOTS that is just disrespectful both to the band but to the fans that line up along the route.