PDA

View Full Version : WR/S - Tebiarus Gill

CattouseFan
09-16-2005, 12:53 PM
If you're not from Mobile, Ala., or don't follow football recruiting very closely, you've probably never heard of Vigor wide receiver Tebiarus Gill.

But the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Gill is wreaking havoc on Vigor's opponents through the first two games of the season tallying nine catches for 242 yards and three touchdowns.

That's an average of nearly 27 yards per catch.

Gill also plays free safety on defense picking off two passes including one returned for a touchdown as Vigor is off to a 2-0 start.

"I'm doing better than I was last year," said Gill.

But despite the big numbers and a reported 4.50 40-yard dash, Gill is still flying well under the recruiting radar for most colleges. He's yet to pick up an offer and he hasn't received any phone calls since the contact period began Sept. 1.

Gill is receiving steady mail, however, from Alabama, Southern Miss, Mississippi State, UAB, Southern Illinois and Columbia.

It appears several factors are slowing down Gill's recruitment. He didn't attend any big camps this summer, he hasn't sent out a highlight film and his grades are a concern.

"I think they are waiting on my grades. I have to get my GPA and test score up," said Gill. "I asked my coach about a highlight tape and he said the film man is doing it now."

Gill remains very open to any school that's recruiting him but he did grow up a fan of one school in particular.

"Auburn, they have a great program," he said.

Gill is being recruited as both a wide receiver and safety.

"I prefer offense," he said. "I like to have the ball in my hands."

Gill has a 210-pound bench press and 325-pound squat. He's working to make himself even faster.

"I have a good vertical," he said. "My speed is not my weakest link but I have to get it down to a 4.4. I've been running with a parachute."

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884/273295.jpg

CattouseFan
10-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Many of the Tide's visitors for last Saturday's game were publicized a great deal, however, several slid in without much attention. One prospect that fits that description is Vigor High (Mobile, Ala.) wide receiver Tebiarus Gill.

"My coach brought me up for the game and it was a great visit," Gill, who is a 6-foot-2, 180-pound two-star recruit, said. "Coach (Buddy) Wyatt had talked to me and invited me up for the game a couple of weeks ago."

Despite the personal invite from Wyatt, Gill has still not received a Tide offer and he remains unsure if he'll get an offer from Alabama.

"I talk to coach Wyatt about every other week, but I don't think they are close to offering me," he said. "Right now I don't have any offers. Auburn, Alabama, Southern Miss, Columbia and Southern Illinois are recruiting me the hardest.

"I think the schools are just waiting for me to get my GPA up before they offer me. I'm working hard to do that.

One possible setback as far as offers go is the lack of touches he gets in his high school games. Plays are run for him, however, many times it never develops enough to get the pass to him. At this juncture, his defense is carrying him.

"I think coaches are waiting to see more from me on offense," he said. "I just need more touches for them to see what I can do. We're trying though."

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/TEBIARUSGILL9_23200.JPG

tsufl
10-09-2005, 11:56 PM
when was the "south" picture taken?

CattouseFan
10-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Tebiarus had 10 catches for 171 yards in his last game.

CattouseFan
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Gill's TDs lift Wolfpack in 'Battle of Prichard'

Vigor defeats Blount as Gill scores touchdowns on offense and defense

Saturday, October 29, 2005
By JOEY WARNER
Sports Correspondent

Tebiarus Gill scored on offense and defense as Vigor edged Blount 12-7 in the "Battle of Prichard" in front of a capacity crowd at Blount Stadium Friday night.

With 20 seconds left in the third quarter, Gill picked off a pass from Blount quarterback Joshua Harris and strolled 35 yards for the TD that gave Vigor the lead.

Gill hauled in a screen pass from Vigor quarterback Kenneth Williams, then rambled 41 yards for a touchdown with 3:30 left in the first quarter. The PAT failed as Vigor narrowed the Blount lead to 7-6.

Gill ended with 14 receptions for 126 yards while Williams was 16-of-24 passing for 147 yards.

Blount drew first blood when Joshua Harris tossed a 6-yard touchdown pass to B. J. Sutherland. Marco Lundy booted the extra point as the Leopards took a 7-0 lead with 8:15 left in the first quarter.

In the second quarter, the Vigor defense stopped Blount on fourth-and-1 with 7:57 left in the half. Two plays later, the Leopards recovered a fumble at the Vigor 3 and were turned away again on fourth-and inches at the 5:57 mark.

Late in the third quarter, Gill returned a punt to the Blount 15 before the Wolves turned the ball over on downs inside the 10.

With less than two minutes left in the game, Blount drove to the Vigor 15 when Harris completed a 34-yard reception to Ladarius Shula. But the Leopards' drive ended after two sacks of Harris and a penalty.

Vigor finished 4-5, Blount 3-7