PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Nix - DC @ Troy ?

Lego
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Rumors circulating that a trial balloon was floated to Tyrone Nix's agent about coming to Troy at season's end.

With Houston Nutt out, Nix is obviously without a job. Speculation is a three year contract guaranteed for the three years, money wise. In return Troy would be assured he stays two full seasons to rebuild the D and help pick next coordinator.

He obviously would be scooped back up by a major program or...

TroyFootball05
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Rumors circulating that a trial balloon was floated to Tyrone Nix's agent about coming to Troy at season's end.

With Houston Nutt out, Nix is obviously without a job. Speculation is a three year contract guaranteed for the three years, money wise. In return Troy would be assured he stays two full seasons to rebuild the D and help pick next coordinator.

What the heck is a trial balloon?

littlebittyschool
11-07-2011, 07:11 PM
That would be an excellent choice. Open the piggy banks.

Hemi Man
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Let's say we are looking for a DC at the end of the season. Could we pay him enough to come to Troy? Wouldn't other teams be bidding for his services as well? Is there no chance Ole Miss keeps him?

TroyFootball05
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
That would be an excellent choice. Open the piggy banks.

What piggy banks?

TFan
11-07-2011, 08:17 PM
What piggy banks?

Dear Leader and the BOT can build Temples to Themselves, Temples to Gluttony and Temples to Roundball fans that don't show; we oughta be able to invest in people.. the MOST important piece of the pie???

The Athletic Dept has been running on fumes too long, it's starting to flat run out of gas IMO. I'm running out of Hope and (spare) Change from this Admin, just wait and see what's next.

GO TROJANS! BEAT THE Green MEANYS!

littlebittyschool
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Actully Hemi, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the littlebittys don't at least interview him for a head coaching spot (Tulane?)

I'd love to have him at Troy though. Somehow, some way.

Hemi Man
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Actully Hemi, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the littlebittys don't at least interview him for a head coaching spot (Tulane?)

I'd love to have him at Troy though. Somehow, some way.

Good Point!! Whether you want a new coach or want to keep the old ones now is not the time to stop giving. We need all the Trojan Warriors we can get!!

Pensacola Kid
11-07-2011, 10:24 PM

Dude,

Tyrone Nix's salary is roughly $500K and we only pay our head coach $300K.

:rollinglaugh:.

Surf Report:
It was an awesome weekend for the kids. The high wind allowed some good sets in the afternoon.
http://player.vimeo.com/video/31721303

Burn the Horse
11-07-2011, 11:37 PM
http://keepthemiddleclassalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/rich-monopoly-man-217x300.jpg

PCTrojan
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Dude,

Surf Report:
It was an awesome weekend for the kids. The high wind allowed some good sets in the afternoon.

At the end of this season his salary will be approximately $0.00. I will guess there will not be a lot of interest from big paying jobs for a coordinator out with the wash in Ole Miss.

newnan trojan
11-08-2011, 12:02 AM

Where do you get your rumor?

Trojans1andAll
11-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Dear Leader and the BOT can build Temples to Themselves, Temples to Gluttony and Temples to Roundball fans that don't show; we oughta be able to invest in people.. the MOST important piece of the pie???

The Athletic Dept has been running on fumes too long, it's starting to flat run out of gas IMO. I'm running out of Hope and (spare) Change from this Admin, just wait and see what's next.

GO TROJANS! BEAT THE Green MEANYS!

I understand your point, but calling the new dining hall a "Temple to Gluttony" is a bit over-the-top, don't you think? Seriously, a new dining hall really was needed. Why build another small, crappy one. The "Temple to Roundball" is an attempt to actually attract a few recruits, maybe even out of high school so Maestri doesn't have to constantly comb the country for JUCO's.

The administration wouldn't have bothered with the Riddle-Pace and "Temple to Roundball" if they weren't trying to make some success happen with Troy athletics. But you're right that some of that money needs to be spent on coaches that can make that happen.

TFan
11-08-2011, 08:03 AM
I understand your point, but calling the new dining hall a "Temple to Gluttony" is a bit over-the-top, don't you think? Seriously, a new dining hall really was needed. Why build another small, crappy one.

Yes, Gluttonny may be over the top but you understood which Temple I meant.... I love the dining hall as well, BUT, you'd think with those 30+ flat-screens we could go watch Televised Trojan away games..makes too much sense I suppose.... "We have Troy Cable and they don't carry it".

Had to go 30 miles to find the Navy Game, I live three blocks from the dining hall! Beef O'Brady's has a satellite dish and they don't spend $15mill on their Temples of Gluttony!! I'd a much rather supported the dining hall.

_ _ _ _ _

Your point is well-taken, sharp facilities ARE needed to attract top athletic talent.. but it's evident to me that pendulum has swung too far at the expense of top-notch staff.. we've all seen very fine staffers and coaches recruited away for 2-3X the money in recent years..coaches, compliance staffers, strength/conditioning staffers, athletic support staff etc, etc etc.

I hope this years debacle on the gridiron is a wake-up call to the powers that control the purse strings... I generously donate time and $$$ to support Trojan Athletics, it is an important aspect of the community I live in, and pays back dividends to this community. BUT, if I loose confidence in those that manage my support, I, and many others will most likely support alternate community causes..

Lego
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Let's say we are looking for a DC at the end of the season. Could we pay him enough to come to Troy? Wouldn't other teams be bidding for his services as well? Is there no chance Ole Miss keeps him?

Good chance New coach at Ole Miss will bring in "his" guy.

Dude,

Surf Report:

At the end of this season his salary will be approximately $0.00. I will guess there will not be a lot of interest from big paying jobs for a coordinator out with the wash in Ole Miss.

Exactly, fixing to be without a paycheck. Troy would offer him to stay in his "home" area, rebuild his resume so to speak, allowing him to get the next job.

- Nix going to Tulane would be a mistake, he knows this, soooo hard to win there.
- No doubt he will get other looks from other schools, but they might not have a job opening.
- Troy is a good "in between job" for him. Which does Troy alot of good, putting the train back on the track.

Lego
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Where do you get your rumor?

My uncle's stepson's best friend's barber, who is cousin's with the agent's lawn man's sister.

In all seriousness, the Ole Miss Athletic program is a ship that is sinking fast, it is everyman for himself. Pete Boone is gone as AD, UM is fixing to CLEAR house. Everyone is talking up there.

Hemi Man
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Good chance New coach at Ole Miss will bring in "his" guy.

Exactly, fixing to be without a paycheck. Troy would offer him to stay in his "home" area, rebuild his resume so to speak, allowing him to get the next job.

- Nix going to Tulane would be a mistake, he knows this, soooo hard to win there.
- No doubt he will get other looks from other schools, but they might not have a job opening.
- Troy is a good "in between job" for him. Which does Troy alot of good, putting the train back on the track.

If he is as good as advertised my guess would be someone would offer him $200,000 over the $100,000 he would get at Troy.

Lego
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
If he is as good as advertised my guess would be someone would offer him $200,000 over the $100,000 he would get at Troy.

True. Thinking more $150k for him. But he might not want to go out West or far away to get that extra. Would not hurt to ask though.

redwaver
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes, Gluttonny may be over the top but you understood which Temple I meant.... I love the dining hall as well, BUT, you'd think with those 30+ flat-screens we could go watch Televised Trojan away games..makes too much sense I suppose.... "We have Troy Cable and they don't carry it".

Had to go 30 miles to find the Navy Game, I live three blocks from the dining hall! Beef O'Brady's has a satellite dish and they don't spend $15mill on their Temples of Gluttony!! I'd a much rather supported the dining hall.

_ _ _ _ _

Your point is well-taken, sharp facilities ARE needed to attract top athletic talent.. but it's evident to me that pendulum has swung too far at the expense of top-notch staff.. we've all seen very fine staffers and coaches recruited away for 2-3X the money in recent years..coaches, compliance staffers, strength/conditioning staffers, athletic support staff etc, etc etc.

I hope this years debacle on the gridiron is a wake-up call to the powers that control the purse strings... I generously donate time and $$$ to support Trojan Athletics, it is an important aspect of the community I live in, and pays back dividends to this community. BUT, if I loose confidence in those that manage my support, I, and many others will most likely support alternate community causes..
In this new era we live in, it seems we can often accomplish the impossible but the obvious (Troy games ALWAYS on in the student center,etc. on campus) bites us in the arse! Drives me up the proverbial tree!:eatdrink004: