PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe: Big East plan to save BCS bid now includes entire MWC/CUSA

Schard
10-22-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/10/big_east_mwc_c-.html?comments=all#readerComm
The Boston Globe has received documents detailing a true "mega-conference".

In the 32-team format, the West Division would consist of Boise State, Hawaii, UNLV, Nevada, Fresno State, San Diego State, Utah State and San Jose State.

The Mountain Division would consist of Air Force, Wyoming, Colorado State, New Mexico, UTEP, SMU, Tulsa and Houston.

The Central Division would consist of Marshall, Memphis, Southern Mississippi, Tulane, UAB, Rice, Temple and Louisiana Tech.

The East Division would consist of Louisville, UConn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, South Florida, Central Florida, East Carolina and Navy.

West Virginia is not included in this plan, with the assumption being the Mountaineers would be headed to the Big 12 to replace Missouri which will presumably wind up in the SEC along with Texas A&M.

Burn the Horse
10-22-2011, 11:41 PM
W...T...F... :eek::confused-smiley-004

troyaluminmichigan
10-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Hmmm, leaves the Sun Belt and MAC to consider something similar.........

If it were true and comes to fruitition....

Interesting twist, and forces a play off of sorts...

Possum
10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Ya that SUCKS for us...

Trojans1andAll
10-23-2011, 06:57 AM
If there is no Sun Belt/MAC merger then we could both practically become I-AA conferences. This is awful.

troyfan
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
That doesn't make sense to me because some of those teams are in the WAC. Did I miss something? Is the WAC deceased?

Pensacola Kid
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, leaves the Sun Belt and MAC to consider something similar.........

If it were true and comes to fruitition....

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

Surf Report:
Keep an eye on the tropics. It looks like we might see a swell this weekend, should be a good one if it makes it...calling all surfers!!!

Pcbtrojan
10-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Boise is looking for a auto qualifier conference. Don't be too surprised if they wind up in the BIg XII. The Big Least will lose that next season if they do not have enough ranked teams. Another issue is all the conference staffs that are just willing to give up their jobs to form the "mega conference." I can see a MWC and CUSA merger happening with whats left.