PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Burks - RB - Daleville

ksdtrojan
10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Drew's blog post:Daleville running back picks Troy (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/10/daleville-running-back-picks-troy.html)

Daleville running back Brandon Burks committed to Troy tonight. He just got his offer today and he had been recruited heavily by UAB and Arkansas State...

And Brandon's Highlights:
zr2Gra4TdaA

Discophobia
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Very good close to home pick up. This kid has very explosive speed, all you need to know is at 6:01 in the video.

TROJANFAN26
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Very good close to home pick up. This kid has very explosive speed, all you need to know is at 6:01 in the video.

That kicokff return at the 1:48 mark wasn't bad either...kid is insanely fast...nice high school commit.

TrojanEmpire
10-20-2011, 08:19 PM
DGoebel will be a happy camper over two more HS commits

dgoebel
10-21-2011, 09:29 AM
DGoebel will be a happy camper over two more HS commits

Yes I am :thumb: My only fear is this, how many of these commits are qualified? After seeing 28 signess ineligible since 2008 I worry about this. Does any one have any insight?

trojanbrutha
12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
AndrewJBone Andrew Bone
Troy commitment Brandon Burks working at slot receiver today. Super quick and explosive

trojanbrutha
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
RivalsCNee Chris Nee
Brandon Burks, an athlete from Daleville working at running back, has caught the ball real well this afternoon.

PCTrojan
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Okay at the 9:15 mark I would like someone else to time him with a pretty solid timer. That is where he was at top speed sustained.

I have him 5 times in a row doing it myself at 4.3 from the 50 to the 10.

I would love someone to verify this with a second opinion.

If so, I will rate this as an above average to really good pickup for Troy.

Pros:
Decisive when making moves.
Does very little to no dancing in backfield.
D1 speed (Verification needed)
Not afraid of contact, willing to lower his head.
Ability to line up at WR.
Quick out of cuts.

Cons:
Relies too much on speed and takes nearly every run to the outside.
One fumble and one bobbled hand-off in the video, so one could possible question ball security.

Not many Cons, this looks to be really good for Troy. Get him qualified!

trojanbrutha
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Not so sure about the rating that he received from ESPN, but the eval is pretty solid.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/108636/brandon-burks

Burn the Horse
12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Not so sure about the rating that he received from ESPN, but the eval is pretty solid.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/108636/brandon-burks

if you aren't an espn insider you can't see the evaluation. would you please copy and paste it here?

trojanbrutha
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
ESPN Analyst
Updated 12/16/2011

Burke shows good production running the ball inside and off the edges; although not a hammer, capable of carrying the load, we see a tough guy worthy of quality touches as a runner and receiver. Although lacking dominant size, he has the athleticism for the running back position at the major level of competition; some bulk might be added to his frame provided quickness and playing speed are not compromised; is very effective returning kickoffs up the middle with enough long speed to get into the end zone. We like his vision from the deep tailback set; locates a seam and is quick to the second level; is a downhill ball carrier that runs a little upright at times but knows when to lower his pads with a strong finishing effort. Can make defenders miss with his lateral quickness; plants and cuts with good re-start ability, getting more than originally available. Does a good job running the speed sweep; stretches the defense while demonstrating good plant and cut ability. Has the hands and route running skills necessary to work as both as a check down and slot receiver; is effective finding dead areas in zone coverage; also has the ability to can gain positive yardage running inside and bubble screens. Burks possesses the skill level and toughness necessary for success at the next level of competition.