PDA

View Full Version : New T-Roy?

Trojan_Thunder
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the new T-Roy? Does he look different? Any thoughts?

TrojanFanatic
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes, he looks creepy

troyaluminmichigan
10-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes, he looks creepy

Just in time for Halloween.........

TrojanFanatic
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
here's a link from the Sidearm sports gallery:

http://www.troytrojans.com/photo_gallery.aspx?tab=photogalleries

Trojan by Birth
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
T-Roy looks like they took a Michigan State head and spray painted the brush bristles on the top. Not saying that is bad or good but definitely unoriginal.

Burn the Horse
10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
someone want to post the pic in this thread?

BleedingCardinal
10-16-2011, 12:04 AM
New T-Roy is definitely creepy. Not a good look at all.

TrojanArrow
10-16-2011, 12:11 AM
When he came from under the curtain I wanted it to go back under it along with most of the student section. I hope someone steals it again so I don't have to see that giant pedophile looking stuffed animal walking around.

Is it so much work just to make a trojan costume and get a real person(s) to dress up and make it cool?

Bennekles the Trojan
10-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Wow. I can't believe it got worse. The best way to describe it comes from my wife. Her first words were "He looks ugly as sin."

foreignpride
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
He is so scary!!! I couldn't even look at him. On top of that, very boring too. He barely interacted with the crowd. Such a shame!

Trojan by Birth
10-16-2011, 12:20 AM
someone want to post the pic in this thread?

My first attempt at attaching a picture.

foreignpride
10-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I think those eyes make him look so ugly. Real T-Roy had big pretty eyes.

Mr.E_205_Legion
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
My first thought was that it looked like he had encephalitis. Quickly followed by the thought that the (cash strapped) athletic department got ripped off whatever amount of money they paid for it!!!

SO MUCH for our expectations of something better. WHOEVER took the old outfit, PLEASE return it.

troy4ever21
10-16-2011, 06:51 PM
He's ugly and creepy looking. The worst part is the head yes, but even the body looks half-assed. It's nothing like the old T-Roy and the guy in it was so lethargic. I heard he couldn't see so that's why he didn't do much.

Burn the Horse
10-16-2011, 06:55 PM
yeah, that really sucks. Why won't they go back to the design they used before the last one? that face was personable and friendly.

IntgrB18C5
10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
he didnt look that bad

Mr.E_205_Legion
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I heard he couldn't see so that's why he didn't do much.

He had a handler (someone leading him) and still could not walk the endline without knocking down the pylons. When he CRAWLED up on the SOTS Drum Majors stand I had to look away thinking he was about to take a nose dive into the ground!!!

Pcbtrojan
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Can somebody steal this one too please!

TFan
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
He had a handler (someone leading him) and still could not walk the endline without knocking down the pylons. When he CRAWLED up on the SOTS Drum Majors stand I had to look away thinking he was about to take a nose dive into the ground!!!

My guess is that the sight holes are misaligned, needs about $1,000 in mods. Still looks Gay to me

troyw
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
My guess is that the sight holes are misaligned, needs about $1,000 in mods. Still looks Gay to me

Looks gay? I thought homosexual was a prerequisite just to wear that thing...or is that just for our flag "guy"?

TFan
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Looks gay? I thought homosexual was a prerequisite just to wear that thing...or is that just for our flag "guy"?

..justy trying to be unpolitically appropriate here.. love ya buddy, but NOT in a gay way!:rollinglaugh:

Flag Guys.. it's about time! Did I miss an ACLU lawsuit somewhere?

yeahIwin
10-16-2011, 11:58 PM
LAME LAME LAME.
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what was wrong with the OLD T-Roy? You know, the one that had the beard and all? This new style just sucks. And this newest one, holy sh!tballs batman, did we get ripped off or what.
Did we not have the old specs so that we co0uld just email them to the company?

Now the mascot looks as bad as our team.

wrden
10-17-2011, 12:57 AM
..justy trying to be unpolitically appropriate here.. love ya buddy, but NOT in a gay way!:rollinglaugh:

Flag Guys.. it's about time! Did I miss an ACLU lawsuit somewhere?

Was that comment really necessary?

troyw
10-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Was that comment really necessary?

Necessary? No.

Appropriate? No

Funny? YES

Burn the Horse
10-17-2011, 07:24 AM
my favorite was this one, when they put the jersey on him.

http://media.al.com/montgomery/photo/9661707-large.jpg

goe1975
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
LAME LAME LAME.
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what was wrong with the OLD T-Roy? You know, the one that had the beard and all?
People said he looked like Osama Bin Laden.

SOTSButterfly
10-17-2011, 08:25 AM
The face on the new T-Roy is AWFUL. This is my least favorite suit yet. :sad010:

JonesOxygen
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
LAME LAME LAME.
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what was wrong with the OLD T-Roy? You know, the one that had the beard and all? This new style just sucks. And this newest one, holy sh!tballs batman, did we get ripped off or what.
Did we not have the old specs so that we co0uld just email them to the company?

Now the mascot looks as bad as our team.

USC shut it down, said it looked too much like their logo so we had to pull the plug.

TROJANFAN26
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
here's a link from the Sidearm sports gallery:

http://www.troytrojans.com/photo_gallery.aspx?tab=photogalleries

Anyone know if the university put a fan poll/vote on the website? If not, maybe they should have.

Discophobia
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I will only accept a real person on a horse!!! Anything else is junk. But, I liked the original T-Roy better than these pinky funky looking mascot clearance sale rejects.

Buzz Lightyear
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
My wife who has been around cheerleading all of her life says before the unvailing of T Roy.........." Where is that T Roy he was such a wussy mascot I am glad he is gone........said this at all the games so far.........and then POOF (should say PUFF) there is this whimpy wussy pink thing again......and then she says "It looks like it did before except maybe more wussy"

I am not saying she is an expert at mascots or that any of us are.......but we might as well get a sign with Wuss writen on it........At least WKU's blob looks like a blood donation cartoon or something.......and at this point we have one of the worst mascots and then he walks out to mid field with our captains and THAT WAS THE OMAN for a really bad day.......I hope too that he is stolen and never returns.........a girl in a skirt and heals looks more intimidating that that thing.

dgoebel
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't see a big difference in the new one vs the stolen one? Am I missing something? I didn't care for the other one either, I liked the one we had in the 80's.

Cane gone Trojan
10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I blame the new T-roy for our loss Saturday....he looks lioke a really ugly cartoon character, and we played like a bunch of ugly cartoon characters..We should have played the game Saturday morning because that is when cartoons are supposed to be on.

SOTSButterfly
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't see a big difference in the new one vs the stolen one? Am I missing something? I didn't care for the other one either, I liked the one we had in the 80's.

Last Year:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/SailorButterfly/Games/NO%20Bowl%202010/NOBowl02.jpg?t=1292906066

This Year:

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=573&d=1318742429

The biggest difference is the head/face. This year's is so...wide & flat.

yeahIwin
10-17-2011, 07:16 PM
USC shut it down, said it looked too much like their logo so we had to pull the plug.

I don't think you have that quite right. He didn't look anything like their mascot or logo. Or someone greatly misled you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=8&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=usc+logo&qe=dXNjIGxvZ28&qesig=hD1QVLM65Ql60PpLjkLgDQ&pkc=AFgZ2tlplID7SmmMGv682lm3EBz4TZj6yLp0iy6DCEhW20 WOB7jFcR2ga9PyYnWKk_8EorS6AmYkmCiXrnuYn0BA6X-vG-q04w&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Pensacola Kid
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
As far as I'm concerned, T-Roy could wear a pink dress as long as we are winning football games. I think we have much more important issues to discuss.

Surf Report:
Surf is clean and too fun with a SUP or a really longboard. Should be the same tomorrow. You have to come out and see for yourself.:thumb:

Yarddog
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think T-Roy looks all that bad, perfectly acceptable.

On the other hand I would much prefer a realistic tough looking guy dressed as a Trojan Warrior. He could either be Hector or even Paris. If he was Paris they could show him on a horse riding around with a Helen type character dressed in the colors of the opponent.

That might be going too far so have Hector, "horse tamer Hector" in full armor.

FSU doesn't dress up a cartoon "Injun Joe" They have an authentically dressed Chief Osceola. Probably the best pregame symbol/show with the flaming spear, in football.

IntgrB18C5
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
we need a real person who is ripped as hell to be the mascot.......not a stupid foam character

Doug4Troy
10-17-2011, 09:56 PM
we need a real person who is ripped as hell to be the mascot.......not a stupid foam character

I would offer my services as a mascot matching that description... but my wife tends to get jealous when the ladies dote on me, so I'd better not. Sorry everyone.