PDA

View Full Version : New Big East news

TrojanEmpire
10-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Houston, SMU and UCF will be invited for all sports and Air Force and Boise State will be football only. Still might be a small chance for a C-USA invite.

Burn the Horse
10-15-2011, 09:32 AM
sorry to burst your bubble, but we're not going to C-USA fellas. they have zero interest in us due to our location...and UAB would block it.

the Blazers don't want us in their league. we already overshadow them in Alabama, that would be the nail in their already partially buried coffin of perception in this state.

troyw
10-15-2011, 09:47 AM
sorry to burst your bubble, but we're not going to C-USA fellas. they have zero interest in us due to our location...and UAB would block it.

the Blazers don't want us in their league. we already overshadow them in Alabama, that would be the nail in their already partially buried coffin of perception in this state.

Finally someone who sees the reality of our situation. :eatdrink004:

Burn the Horse
10-15-2011, 10:09 AM
I've been saying that in response to all these, "still hope for C-USA" threads. we are Sun Belt or bust fellas.

Mr.E_205_Legion
10-15-2011, 10:36 AM
I've been saying that in response to all these, "still hope for C-USA" threads. we are Sun Belt or bust fellas.

I AGREE! IF everyone would just look at their most recent posts, "woe is me" and realize that what we have been wanting for years is finally happening. SunBelt teams are getting better!!! IF we can hold the Belt together (after all TROY is the buckle), then maybe with a NEW commissioner we can be PROactive instead of REactive and go find some teams to add to the Belt.

With that thought in mind, here is MY shopping list (not that anyone asked):

Division 1-A go after Army and Navy (we would pick up another bowl opportunity)
Division 1-AA go for (the best available) Georgia Southern and Texas State

Trojans1andAll
10-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Army or Navy would never happen. Georgia Southern thinks they're better than the Sun Belt right now. Texas State, mmmmmmmaybe.

TrojanEmpire
10-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Notice I said small

TrojanEmpire
10-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I AGREE! IF everyone would just look at their most recent posts, "woe is me" and realize that what we have been wanting for years is finally happening. SunBelt teams are getting better!!! IF we can hold the Belt together (after all TROY is the buckle), then maybe with a NEW commissioner we can be PROactive instead of REactive and go find some teams to add to the Belt.

With that thought in mind, here is MY shopping list (not that anyone asked):

Division 1-A go after Army and Navy (we would pick up another bowl opportunity)
Division 1-AA go for (the best available) Georgia Southern and Texas State

Who exactly would want to join the lowest rated FBS conference when higher rated ones are available?

Burn the Horse
10-15-2011, 11:46 AM
La Tech and App State.

BDM88
10-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Who exactly would want to join the lowest rated FBS conference when higher rated ones are available?

Any 1-AA team that want to make a name for themselves. If they come in and dominate right away another conference would pick them up quicker. IE If we are the bottom feeding conference along with the MAC then they use our horrible conference as a stepping stone. I know that some FCS/1-aa schools would struggle in our league but I think an App State/Georgia Southern would compete right away.

Trojan_Thunder
10-15-2011, 01:59 PM
It's highly unlikely that Troy would jump ship (in the unlikely event that C-USA should come knocking) since Hawkins is leading the search for a new Sunbelt commish. The concern is what teams will C-USA try and snatch from the Sunbelt to replace those exiting the conference. If the Belt can stick together we maybe a more attractive conference in the long run.

troyaluminmichigan
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
It's highly unlikely that Troy would jump ship (in the unlikely event that C-USA should come knocking) since Hawkins is leading the search for a new Sunbelt commish. The concern is what teams will C-USA try and snatch from the Sunbelt to replace those exiting the conference. If the Belt can stick together we maybe a more attractive conference in the long run.

Most likely. I like the thought process. Are there any current FBS teams the Sunbelt would expansion from existing conferences?

La Tech, Memphis, USM, Tulane come to mind as possibilities (long shots I know). All just food for thought and a different perspective to consider.

TrojanEmpire
10-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Wouldn't surprised if it was FAU or FIU to maintain a presence in Florida

Buzz Lightyear
10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
If SMU and Houston to Big East then UNT to CUSA along with a Florida team fo shur.....FIU and FAU......who knows but UNT is gone FO SHUR!!

Hate to say it but to replace the SMU, Houston and UCF they will pick those 3 but most of all UNT.......New Stadium, large metro area and large enrollment....so much for Sun Belt stability..........but hey we are already there

Tums
10-18-2011, 10:11 AM
If SMU and Houston to Big East then UNT to CUSA along with a Florida team fo shur.....FIU and FAU......who knows but UNT is gone FO SHUR!!

Hate to say it but to replace the SMU, Houston and UCF they will pick those 3 but most of all UNT.......New Stadium, large metro area and large enrollment....so much for Sun Belt stability..........but hey we are already there

CUSA / MWC is now in a 22 team agreement that is looking at losing 6 (TCU Big 12, AF, Boise, SMU, UCF, Houston to Big E) to become a 16 team group. The remaining 16 teams wanting a BCS Bid and can not afford to just take a LOSER for their market share. For the BCS reason their decision will be based on getting quality on the field.

dgoebel
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
UNT, FAU, and FIU would go to C-USA with the possiblity of MTSU, Geaorgia State or ULL. If that happens then I could see WKU going to the MAC, which really makes sense to them. That would leave Troy, ULM, MTSU? ULL? and Ark. St. That would not work. We would be forced to add Jax. St, App. St. and a UNA or GA Southern if they went D1.

Pcbtrojan
10-29-2011, 09:01 PM
And a Georgia State.

Trojans1andAll
10-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Remember when Troy at least had winning in its case for a bid for another conference? Picked a hell of a time to start losing.

JPSousa1898
10-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Jax State's BOT and Athletics Department have already stated that they are not going to pursue FBS status this time around. It was in the Anniston Star a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure we'd have to accept them no questions asked in regards to facilities (which they are self-admittedly, sorely lacking in several areas that is not the football stadium).

I could check with a source or two and see if there are any situations where Jax State would consider the big move, but I don't think there are.

This whole realignment situation is getting crazier by the day for sure. The BCS has turned college football into a farce.

Buzz Lightyear
11-04-2011, 09:26 AM
RE: So it begins, CUSA loses at least 3....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/ne...st-bigeast

With the board approving Boise to the Big East they will stay until better offer from more western conference or I dare say the addition of BYU and them to big 12.........But who knows.....do not think they will stay in conference that will or MIGHT loose there AQ status to fly to games that are a mere 80,000 miles away.....expensive and not very practical for fans...(ok I know I was exagerating with the 80K thing but you know what I mean.)

I know Big 12 does not want to share more revenue but just as an example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------