PDA

View Full Version : Air Force to Big East in football?

TrojanEmpire
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Looks like it may happen

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19073868

TrueTrojan
10-09-2011, 02:31 PM
The Big East has had sincere interest in the service academies since Pitt & Syracuse announced their plans to leave. Personally, I like the idea of having them all in the same conference, but geographically I don't see how it makes sense to have a team from Colorado playing teams on the East Coast.

The most interesting thing from this article to me is that they have already said no to the Big XII.

TrojanEmpire
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
The Big East has had sincere interest in the service academies since Pitt & Syracuse announced their plans to leave. Personally, I like the idea of having them all in the same conference, but geographically I don't see how it makes sense to have a team from Colorado playing teams on the East Coast.

The most interesting thing from this article to me is that they have already said no to the Big XII.

Less competition (football wise) in Big East than Big XII

TrueTrojan
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Very true. Also less $$$$ and ALOT more cost of travel. Doesn't really make business sense to me, but I understand it from the competitive standpoint.

TrojanArrow
10-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Very true. Also less $$$$ and ALOT more cost of travel. Doesn't really make business sense to me, but I understand it from the competitive standpoint.

Actually they fly to most of their games already all this move does is add maybe an extra hour on each flight. The money in the Big East deal will cover cost and playing teams like WV will sell out crowds.