PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Feedback

Pensacola Kid
09-30-2011, 06:28 PM
The Meebo chat room will be removed from the front page next week. Therefore, we are asking for your feedback on the second chat room which is also located on the main page. A decision needs to be made on whether to keep this chat room format or look for a different product.

Tell us what you think.

CHughes1102
09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Only use 1 chat room. Not 2.

Trojans1andAll
10-01-2011, 12:32 AM
One or the other is fine. More people are at home games so they don't get used much then.

JPSousa1898
10-01-2011, 01:16 AM
I liked the bottom one better than the top one. For those of us who were stuck at home, it at least gave us some sort of interaction about the game with other Troy fans.

Burn the Horse
10-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I love the chat room. we are using it as the go to chat for the Sun Belt bbs community. everyone over there likes it a lot.

moosicman
10-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I like the chat room on the bottom but I wish it had a way to keep the history. I don't like going there and not knowing what has been said and what conversation has been prior to my arrival. Other thoughts?

Troy87
10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
There are logs available for use by administrators, but not for general users.

But I guess you could look at it as if you were walking up to a group of people having a conversation. They may not recount everything that's been said, but you come in and jump in once you kind of get caugh up on where the converstion is at that point.

I know Saturday night, the chat room was HOT.....but I was too after that bogus pass interference call.

RDA Trojan
10-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Is there any way to get one that doesn't run off of Flash? I can't log into it from my phone's browser. Or is there an app one of y'all might know about?

BDM88
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Is there any way to get one that doesn't run off of Flash? I can't log into it from my phone's browser. Or is there an app one of y'all might know about?

I like the chat room but having to reload every time flash crashes gets old. Last Saturday I was watching the game on ESPN3 and chatting at the same time. I was only able to stay in the chat after stopping ESPN3. Every time ESPN3 went to a commercial the chat and espn3 flash crashed. This was on my laptop but it has also happened on my PC at home. I cannot do both and stay in chat. So I chose to just chat and let everyone else keep me updated.

Pensacola Kid
11-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I like the chat room but having to reload every time flash crashes gets old. Last Saturday I was watching the game on ESPN3 and chatting at the same time. I was only able to stay in the chat after stopping ESPN3. Every time ESPN3 went to a commercial the chat and espn3 flash crashed. This was on my laptop but it has also happened on my PC at home. I cannot do both and stay in chat. So I chose to just chat and let everyone else keep me updated.

ESPN3 is very demanding on your computer resources and will exhaust your virtual memory pretty quick. The Chat Room does not demand a lot of computer resources to operate. If you have limited resources on your machine and want to watch ESPN3, I would reboot at halftime to refresh (clear) your virtual memory.

Just a thought :wave:

BDM88
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
ESPN3 is very demanding on your computer resources and will exhaust your virtual memory pretty quick. The Chat Room does not demand a lot of computer resources to operate. If you have limited resources on your machine and want to watch ESPN3, I would reboot at halftime to refresh (clear) your virtual memory.

Just a thought :wave:

Normally that would work. But it does it on my PC at home as well. And it is the only thing that causes it is when I have both up and running. My Laptop is cheap, my PC however is not. Flash only seems to have the problem when running it and any TV online. Anytime they do a commercial flash in both chat and video crash. And I know that I was not the only one having this issue. Most of the time at home I can watch Troy on TV and chat with no problems as CSS is on my cable.