PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING:Mysterous Substance Stop UAB Practice

TrojanWarrior418
09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) --Mysterous substance halts UAB football practice.
Authorities were alerted late Tuesday afternoon after an offensive lineman noticed a what he described as a white powdery substance on the University of Alabama-Birmingham's football practice field.
After the discovery of the materials Birmingham's Haz Mat unit arrived on the scene to investigate.
Several samples were taken and after several tests lab results confirm the subsance found was the marker to the endzone.
Birmingham Police Department spokesman David Sanchez told reporters, " The UAB players aren't used to seeing the endzone all that much so natually they became alarmed when they encountered it for the first time."
Sanchez would going on to say after seeing how the Blazer's 0-3 season is going so far they shouldn't have to worry about seeing the substance many more times.
UAB will play their next game against Troy in Veterans Memorial Stadium, kick off is scheduled for 6 pm and will be televised on CSS.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
:eatdrink004: :rollinglaugh: :laughing021: :signs018:

The Red Wave
09-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Very nicely done TW418!

troy4ever21
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
:rollinglaugh: :laughing021:
I hope you don't mind I'm borrowing this and putting it on facebook! Hilarious! :eatdrink004:

TrojanWarrior418
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks Troy4Ever go right ahead. I usually don't talk smack because sometimes I find it to be unnecessary or tacky but when I do I go for the throat.

Oh do you guys think we should put Troy Regional Medical Facility on notice and clear some beds for UA's B? No. Not that our players will hurt theirs but I believe after going onto a real college campus, going to a real college stadium with actual fans, hearing a real band, seeing a real football team, and being able to freely walk around without fear of being robbed/shot/offered drugs the UA's B crew will certainly go into shock. Just want to be good hosts and be prepared.

dgoebel
09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) --Mysterous substance halts UAB football practice.
Authorities were alerted late Tuesday afternoon after an offensive lineman noticed a what he described as a white powdery substance on the University of Alabama-Birmingham's football practice field.
After the discovery of the materials Birmingham's Haz Mat unit arrived on the scene to investigate.
Several samples were taken and after several tests lab results confirm the subsance found was the marker to the endzone.
Birmingham Police Department spokesman David Sanchez told reporters, " The UAB players aren't used to seeing the endzone all that much so natually they became alarmed when they encountered it for the first time."
Sanchez would going on to say after seeing how the Blazer's 0-3 season is going so far they shouldn't have to worry about seeing the substance many more times.
UAB will play their next game against Troy in Veterans Memorial Stadium, kick off is scheduled for 6 pm and will be televised on CSS.

Man, I'm still laughing. This one is a classic :thumb:

TexasTrojan
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
:rollinglaugh:

donnabrock
09-28-2011, 07:05 PM
:rollinglaugh: :laughing021:
I hope you don't mind i'm borrowing this and putting it on facebook! Hilarious! :eatdrink004:

Ditto !

Troy87
09-29-2011, 04:28 PM
With TW418's permission, I put this on BlazerTalk. This was great! :thumb:

Bubba the Trojan
09-29-2011, 07:41 PM
I nominate this post for hall of fame status...to be moved after the game, of course.

JPSousa1898
09-30-2011, 12:32 AM
i nominate this post for hall of fame status...to be moved after the game, of course.

second!

BlazerUnit
09-30-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure what amazes me more:

The fact that TrojanWarrior418 thought he could successfully reheat a stale, moldy sports joke that everyone and a dearly departed grandparent has told (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=white+powdery+football+practice) (said joke dating back to 2001 at the height of 'mysterious white powder' fears)...

OR

...the fact that so many of his Trojan cohorts LOL-ed at said joke as if it were the funniest thing they'd ever heard, tripping over themselves with smilies and 'epic post' replies. One brave somebody copped to sharing it on Facebook, not once considering that they'd been beaten to the publishing punch years earlier via untold numbers of digital correspondence via MySpace, Friendster, ICQ chats, CollegeClub.com, and forwarded email chains on Hotmail.

Tell me, do you fine folks have uncles or older siblings that still wow you with their amazing rubber pencils, or by that magical wizardry that results in quarters being pulled out of your ears? From the response of this thread, it kinda sounds like you do!

JPSousa1898
09-30-2011, 01:35 AM

The fact that TrojanWarrior418 thought he could successfully reheat a stale, moldy sports joke that everyone and a dearly departed grandparent has told (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=white+powdery+football+practice) (said joke dating back to 2001 at the height of 'mysterious white powder' fears)...

OR

...the fact that so many of his Trojan cohorts LOL-ed at said joke as if it were the funniest thing they'd ever heard, tripping over themselves with smilies and 'epic post' replies. One brave somebody copped to sharing it on Facebook, not once considering that they'd been beaten to the publishing punch years earlier via untold numbers of digital correspondence via MySpace, Friendster, ICQ chats, CollegeClub.com, and forwarded email chains on Hotmail.

Tell me, do you fine folks have uncles or older siblings that still wow you with their amazing rubber pencils, or by that magical wizardry that results in quarters being pulled out of your ears? From the response of this thread, it kinda sounds like you do!

I don't, but I do get a laugh out of idiots. Idiots in large numbers exponentially funnier.

A second though occurs as well... a good joke can be told a million times and still be funny due to its relevance. You would think that people who attend a research university would understand the correlation between relevance and longevity, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

TrojanWarrior418
09-30-2011, 07:05 AM

OR

And this is coming from the same fanbase that is making sheep jokes....yeah that's so 'fresh' and 'original'.

BlazerUnit
10-01-2011, 01:02 AM
And this is coming from the same fanbase that is making sheep jokes....yeah that's so 'fresh' and 'original'.

You're right. Blazer fans shouldn't be stuck on talking about sheep..the Men of Troy sure aren't. Some have discovered the pleasure a goat can bring.

(Happy now?)

TroyTuba
10-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Weak and lame.....terrible combination!!!