PDA

View Full Version : Kilts

goe1975
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
This is a band that played at the Daleville Contest on Saturday. I admire their vision to be unique. But if we had worn this when I was in a drumline in a small Alabama town, we would have steadily gotten our a**es kicked.

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/mgmedia/image/294/0/294524/daleville/

JPSousa1898
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
This is a band that played at the Daleville Contest on Saturday. I admire their vision to be unique. But if we had worn this when I was in a drumline in a small Alabama town, we would have steadily gotten our a**es kicked.

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/mgmedia/image/294/0/294524/daleville/

There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it. I'll link a video.

2KYHZqUM5p0

Here's Edinboro University in PA. They've taken a modern take on the Scots theme.

2Ss0kk1uio4&feature=related

Thanks to SOTSButterfly who taught me how to do this! :bounce012:

SOTSButterfly
09-26-2011, 01:05 AM
There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it. I'll link a video.

2KYHZqUM5p0

Here's Edinboro University in PA. They've taken a modern take on the Scots theme.

2Ss0kk1uio4

Can someone fix these youtube links?... I can never get it to work.

Fixed for ya.

JPSousa1898
09-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks my friend! See you on Sat! :bounce012:

goe1975
09-26-2011, 03:30 AM
There are many bands with Scottish themed mascots that use Scotch Kilt uniforms. It's pretty cool to see them embrace it. Wooster (OH) College does a great job of it.
[/I]
Oh I'm sure there are several northern schools that could pull this off without a hitch. But again, just the drum line in a small town high school in south Alabama back in the day? Imminent pounding.

Trojans1andAll
09-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Oh I'm sure there are several northern schools that could pull this off without a hitch. But again, just the drum line in a small town high school in south Alabama back in the day? Imminent pounding.

I agree, great vision, but you have to think of the students.

dgoebel
09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
We use to Play Clermont (FL) High School in football. They were the Highlanders and they wore the kilts and the bag pipes and everyone said their band was fantastic. Sadly the school was combined with another school into Southlake High and the kilts and pipes are a distant memory.

JPSousa1898
09-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I think that if you had the Scots thing going for you in the South, things would be fine if you fully embrace it. Otherwise, you're in hot water.

redwaver
09-27-2011, 08:19 AM
With my dad's side being Scotch Irish, I do like the kilts and pipes! Mom's side was Cherokee so I like that Trojan on a stud hoss as well.

jgrimsley
09-30-2011, 05:53 PM
My first year teaching, I had a 7th grader that could play bagpipes. (I taught at a 7-12 school in the N. Ga mountains). The day of graduation, he and a professional bagpiper walked around campus before the ceremony started playing. It was beautiful.

TrojanEmpire
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
My first year teaching, I had a 7th grader that could play bagpipes. (I taught at a 7-13 school in the N. Ga mountains). The day of graduation, he and a professional bagpiper walked around campus before the ceremony started playing. It was beautiful.

A 7-13 school? What's that?

jgrimsley
09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
A 7-13 school? What's that?

Sorry about that...I obviously need to proof before I post. It is edited now. :bounce012:

TrojanEmpire
09-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry about that...I obviously need to proof before I post. It is edited now. :bounce012:

Thought it might be some special kind of school,

jgrimsley
09-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, it was in the mountains, not far from where Deliverance was filmed.
Joking aside, it was a great school-a private boarding school that sat on top of a hill, and my room had a huge floor to ceiling picture window. The kids were pretty cool-I had students from all over the world in my classes. Neat place to work.

TrojanEmpire
09-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Well, it was in the mountains, not far from where Deliverance was filmed.
Joking aside, it was a great school-a private boarding school that sat on top of a hill, and my room had a huge floor to ceiling picture window. The kids were pretty cool-I had students from all over the world in my classes. Neat place to work.

That sounds like it was a great experience