PDA

View Full Version : Potential move of Navy to BigEast

ksdtrojan
09-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Article:Navy considers possible football move to Big East
(http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-09-22/sports/bs-sp-navy-big-east-0923-20110922_1_ad-gladchuk-john-marinatto-navy-athletic-director)

Love this quote:

"My concern is not about today or tomorrow or the next five, six, seven years, my concern is where do we need to be, where can we be, eight or nine years down the road," Gladchuk said. "If this evolves into a situation that would potentially exclude Navy, then that's a concern of mine. We don't want this program ever to become irrelevant. We have every intention to play at the highest level and to be well-respected nationally."

Come on SD...We need to be in some publicized discussions as well. Hold a press conference and announce our intentions. Just don't sit back and do nothing and allow TROY's future to be an irrelevant oversight.

Nice Trojan
09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Now that is what I am talking about...

Just throw a press release out saying Troy has applied to the Big East or ACC. At least it will get some talk on ESPN and get our name out there.

redwaver
09-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Now that is what I am talking about...

Just throw a press release out saying Troy has applied to the Big East or ACC. At least it will get some talk on ESPN and get our name out there.
Yep, there absolutely needs to be a conversation!

ksdtrojan
09-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Yep, there absolutely needs to be a conversation!

That's all I'm saying. Just put it on the table and in the minds of the decision makers. Discussions need to start now rather than later.