PDA

View Full Version : East Carolina on the move?

TrojanEmpire
09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Looks like ECU will be headed to Big East

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7001803/east-carolina-applies-big-east-conference-membership

Looks like C-USA as we know it might cease to exist. Memphis and UCF might be next to replace Pitt and Syracuse.

ksdtrojan
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks like ECU will be headed to Big East

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7001803/east-carolina-applies-big-east-conference-membership

Looks like C-USA as we know it might cease to exist. Memphis and UCF might be next to replace Pitt and Syracuse.

Proactive....

This is what I want to know...Is TROY being proacive like ECU?

To all the decision makers at TROY...Please be proactive!!!

TrojanEmpire
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Proactive....

This is what I want to know...Is TROY being proacive like ECU?

To all the decision makers at TROY...Please be proactive!!!

Just combine the remnants of the Belt and remnants of C-USA and call it whatever you want

troy4ever21
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I personally love the SBC, however if the CUSA comes to us with an offer I think we should at least take a look. I don't see them considering us for many years though...

No offense to the one who posted this thread, but let's worry about this later. TROY FOOTBALL (at home) STARTS SATURDAY!!! GO TROJANS!!!! :bounce012: :thumb:

ksdtrojan
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Just combine the remnants of the Belt and remnants of C-USA and call it whatever you want

I know may be pipe dreaming but I was thinking bigger than C-USA and SBC.

MusicMan
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I know may be pipe dreaming but I was thinking bigger than C-USA and SBC.

You know, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that once everything is said and done, and it may not be this year or next, but this shuffling is going to last a while. I would love to end up in the ACC or Big East. Now you may laugh, but it would give a broader region to both conferences and we all know that we can hang with both on the field

TrueTrojan
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Here's what I think should happen.

ECU & UCF are likely on the move. SMU also stands a real chance of landing in the Big XII IF they stay together. Let's say this happens.

Send UTEP & Tulsa to the WAC/MWC

Take La Tech from WAC (don't know how that was ever a fit)

New Conference

East - Troy, UAB, S.Miss, FIU, FAU, South Alabama, WKU, MTSU, Marshall

West - La Tech, Tulane, UL-Monroe, ULL, Arkansas St, Houston, Rice, Memphis, North Texas

The new conference would have a HUGE footprint (TV markets), but still keep traveling within the division relatively easy. Also would give us a chance to add a Conference Championship Game in NEW ORLEANS.

Just dreaming...but I think it would work.

TrojanEmpire
09-21-2011, 06:18 PM
No offense to the one who posted this thread, but let's worry about this later. TROY FOOTBALL (at home) STARTS SATURDAY!!! GO TROJANS!!!! :bounce012: :thumb:
None taken. BUT................................... this is a Conference Realignment thread

troyaluminmichigan
09-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Here's what I think should happen.

ECU & UCF are likely on the move. SMU also stands a real chance of landing in the Big XII IF they stay together. Let's say this happens.

Send UTEP & Tulsa to the WAC/MWC

Take La Tech from WAC (don't know how that was ever a fit)

New Conference

East - Troy, UAB, S.Miss, FIU, FAU, South Alabama, WKU, MTSU, Marshall

West - La Tech, Tulane, UL-Monroe, ULL, Arkansas St, Houston, Rice, Memphis, North Texas

The new conference would have a HUGE footprint (TV markets), but still keep traveling within the division relatively easy. Also would give us a chance to add a Conference Championship Game in NEW ORLEANS.

Just dreaming...but I think it would work.

I actually like the "unthought of" thoughts, sort like the new Big East ....... get some brains a churning....

ksdtrojan
09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
You know, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that once everything is said and done, and it may not be this year or next, but this shuffling is going to last a while. I would love to end up in the ACC or Big East. Now you may laugh, but it would give a broader region to both conferences and we all know that we can hang with both on the field

I'll never laugh at these suggestions because they are my thoughts exactly. BigEast and ACC are what I have been thinking and dreaming of for years now. I may be crazy but I believe in setting goals high and reaching to achieve those goals as fast as possible. The higher you set your goals, individual or institution, the higher your level of attainment even if you don't hit the ultimate top goal. Just one of my philosophies of life.

MusicMan
09-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll never laugh at these suggestions because they are my thoughts exactly. BigEast and ACC are what I have been thinking and dreaming of for years now. I may be crazy but I believe in setting goals high and reaching to achieve those goals as fast as possible. The higher you set your goals, individual or institution, the higher your level of attainment even if you don't hit the ultimate top goal. Just one of my philosophies of life.

It's the old saying, "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

ksdtrojan
09-21-2011, 08:51 PM
It's the old saying, "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

Exactly my friend!!!

troyaluminmichigan
09-21-2011, 08:55 PM
In 1984 and 1987, who would have thought that we'd be Div-I AA, much less Div-I? Its all possible, we dream it.............and so far we've implemented some unbelieveable dreams.... Because crazy as it may some, someone created the vision, and set sail for it

CHughes1102
09-21-2011, 09:44 PM

A freaking MEN!!

Brotherofanalum
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I would love to play in the Big East or the ACC (Mainly because we could automatically walk in and make huge Headlines). But even though they're too proud, I wish the SEC would give us a shot. I just want this to happen to show All-barn and AllyBammer and all of the other teams who put us on their schedule for "cup-cake" games, that we showed we could play them out of conference, so we could sure as sunshine play them in a mid-season conference fight.
Is it just me or does a lot of people think that?