PDA

View Full Version : From Their Side

Burn the Horse
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=349&f=2388&t=7961482

:laughing021: as if it matters what they think.

troy4ever21
09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
They act like football is the only thing going on down here...

- Baseball: 2006 SBC Champions, 2011 SBC Champions, ranked #25 in AP poll in week 9, finished the season at #39, NCAA Regionals (defeated Oklahoma State)

- Men's Basketball: 2009 CBI, 2010 SBC Champions, 2010 NIT

- Men's Tennis: 2010 SBC Champions, NCAA Regionals

DedicatedTrojan84
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
They act like football is the only thing going on down here...

- Baseball: 2006 SBC Champions, 2011 SBC Champions, ranked #25 in AP poll in week 9, finished the season at #39, NCAA Regionals (defeated Oklahoma State)

- Men's Basketball: 2009 CBI, 2010 SBC Champions, 2010 NIT

- Men's Tennis: 2010 SBC Champions, NCAA Regionals

Dear God! Do not encourage them to start bragging on their Chick Basketball again. That got so old.

TroyFootball05
09-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Dear God! Do not encourage them to start bragging on their Chick Basketball again. That got so old.

What gets me is that we've won five straight conference titles, including 2010 and 2011. We won Basball in 2011 and Basketball in 2010. That's all three of the money sports in two years. NO ONE else in the entire conference can say that. So to see football's all we have is a bit naive. We do very well in baseball every year, by the way. Those three sports are about FIVE time more important than the rest combined. If you think a conference is going to be looking at all the other sports equally as the big three, you're fooling yourself. It's not even close.

Here's another way to look at it. Fans=Money (F=M). Add up all the fans from all the other sports over the running year, then add up the numbers for FB, BB, and BSB. Conferences are out to make money, and there's no way those numbers are close to the big three. Try it.

Mr. Ho
09-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Whatever, this only stat that matter this week:

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp266/TMTDM/CentralTennessesseeFailTour.jpg

newnan trojan
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
What does the population of Troy and Murfreesboro have to do with anything!

Troy population 18,000

Murfreesboro 50,000

And yet we still beat you and have Higher attendance records!

theboro
09-22-2011, 12:06 PM
What does the population of Troy and Murfreesboro have to do with anything!

Troy population 18,000

Murfreesboro 50,000

And yet we still beat you and have Higher attendance records!

It don't matter at all, but at least get your facts straight.

Murfreesboro's a little over 100,000 and no you don't have higher attendance records.

The last MT Troy game in Murfreesboro had about 28K there.

troy4ever
09-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Murfreesboro's a little over 100,000 and no you don't have higher attendance records.

Well in that case, your home attendance is even more pathetic for that population than what Newnan originally stated.

Chrono124
09-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Did we find that TROLL we were looking for....

Brotherofanalum
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow, MTSPOO beat us in attendance by less than 1,000. I think this is the year they beat us you guys! They have a major chip on their shoulder (sucking so badly)....... So I just don't think we can match up with their intensity (Coach told them if they didn't lose by 21 or more they could go to Chuck E Cheese's.)

Hemi Man
09-22-2011, 04:47 PM

You do realize that attendance was based on Troy being there? Around here MTSU means the same as FAU and WKU to local people. Just another team that usually can't compete with Troy.

Trueblue147
09-22-2011, 07:06 PM
You do realize that attendance was based on Troy being there? Around here MTSU means the same as FAU and WKU to local people. Just another team that usually can't compete with Troy.

Actually it's more about that game being a "Blackout". We typically have good turn out for those games no matter the opponent.

Trueblue147
09-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow, MTSPOO beat us in attendance by less than 1,000. I think this is the year they beat us you guys! They have a major chip on their shoulder (sucking so badly)....... So I just don't think we can match up with their intensity (Coach told them if they didn't lose by 21 or more they could go to Chuck E Cheese's.)

We didn't just beat you guys by a 1,000 average. We also had 1 more home game than you guys. That's an extra 20,000 people.

Mr. Ho
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Actually it's more about that game being a "Blackout". We typically have good turn out for those games no matter the opponent.

You mean like this:
http://file.vustv.com/5MYc1rEAr_3mr.jpg
CTU Have 27,500 on home side of field

or this:
http://photos-images.active.com/file/1/2166846/optimized/1e78c300-ba38-4966-9f7e-40b41ff0aa69.jpg
Late Arriving Crowd

Hemi Man
09-22-2011, 08:31 PM
We didn't just beat you guys by a 1,000 average. We also had 1 more home game than you guys. That's an extra 20,000 people.

Congrats on that attendance championship. Got any pictures of the rings they give out for that? Trophy?

PensacolaTrojan
09-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Congrats on that attendance championship. Got any pictures of the rings they give out for that? Trophy?

Well I expect they have an awning to celebrate it..

Mr. Ho
09-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Mr. Ho want to see gate receipts before they start pass out ring

Burn the Horse
09-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Well I expect they have an awning to celebrate it..

:laughing021:

Burn the Horse
09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
all the attendence smack the MUTS throw at us is just absurd to begin with. Troy is a tiny little blip on the map, whereas MTSU sits in a heavily populated area just outside of NASHVILLE.

MTSU should be destroying us in attendance average based on that fact alone. the city of Troy can not do much of anything to help our attendence numbers in a significant way. most of the butts in the seats at LBF travel a ways to get there.

So if Middle averages roughly 1,000 more fans per game and that is it, then all I can do is laugh. :laughing021:

ThePowerMan
09-22-2011, 09:54 PM
They are confusing their own fans. Just like was posted in earlier thread. No Blue????

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/blueraiderzone/coaches.jpg

Brotherofanalum
09-22-2011, 10:02 PM

Wow you's guys. They set an away record for other teams. Most away-coming's in the BELT!

JPSousa1898
09-23-2011, 02:53 AM
I think TrueBlue was agreeing with us by saying that the only reason they beat us in attendance is because we had one less home game than they did. It's always good to see people admit their short comings. :thumb:

theboro
09-23-2011, 09:01 AM
all the attendence smack the MUTS throw at us is just absurd to begin with. Troy is a tiny little blip on the map, whereas MTSU sits in a heavily populated area just outside of NASHVILLE.

MTSU should be destroying us in attendance average based on that fact alone. the city of Troy can not do much of anything to help our attendence numbers in a significant way. most of the butts in the seats at LBF travel a ways to get there.

So if Middle averages roughly 1,000 more fans per game and that is it, then all I can do is laugh. :laughing021:

Actually, according to that little "scientific" chart you're throwing out, Troy has nearly twice as many fans as MT. So why don't they come to your games?

Hemi Man
09-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Actually, according to that little "scientific" chart you're throwing out, Troy has nearly twice as many fans as MT. So why don't they come to your games?

If you were a casual fan of a local program would you get excited about them playing a team that have beaten fiver years in a row? The last few not even being close? The fact of the matter is that Troy drives your attendance up and you guys drag our attendance down. Truth hurts sometimes.

troy4ever
09-23-2011, 09:25 AM
If you were a casual fan of a local program would you get excited about them playing a team that have beaten fiver years in a row? The last few not even being close? The fact of the matter is that Troy drives your attendance up and you guys drag our attendance down. Truth hurts sometimes.

Not to mention that because of our system wide population around the world, many of our fans aren't within traveling distance to casually come to a game on a Saturday.

Mr. Ho
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Not to mention that because of our system wide population around the world, many of our fans aren't within traveling distance to casually come to a game on a Saturday.

Yes, there are no direct flight to Troy from Addis Ababa and most people in Phenix City can't drive either so that's an issue

The Red Wave
09-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Dear Leader isnt concerned with segmenting the Main campus enrollment. He prefers to act like we are something we are not. Plus he gets to star in infomercial.

foreignpride
09-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Dear Leader isnt concerned with segmenting the Main campus enrollment. He prefers to act like we are something we are not. Plus he gets to star in infomercial.
and it looks like Dear Leader knows what he is doing. Those students just like myself who come from Addis Ababa pay double tuition and can never become instate. That's a lot of money coming in to the university considering the fact that we have about 700 of them right now. Few of us turn out to be a great asset to the university, since we were not raised in families with two options (Bammer, Barn).
If more locals would be more open towards people who come from Addis Ababa maybe those Alums would bring $$$ to the University. It's hard to give where you are not fully accepted. So next time when you see a student who doesn't look like you and talks funny, open up and share your Trojan Spirit!
As far as the main campus enrollment, a lot of hard work has been put in it. Those commercials help a lot, where our Dear Leader gets to star in them.

MusicMan
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
and it looks like Dear Leader knows what he is doing. Those students just like myself who come from Addis Ababa pay double tuition and can never become instate. That's a lot of money coming in to the university considering the fact that we have about 700 of them right now. Few of us turn out to be a great asset to the university, since we were not raised in families with two options (Bammer, Barn).
If more locals would be more open towards people who come from Addis Ababa maybe those Alums would bring $$$ to the University. It's hard to give where you are not fully accepted. So next time when you see a student who doesn't look like you and talks funny, open up and share your Trojan Spirit!
As far as the main campus enrollment, a lot of hard work has been put in it. Those commercials help a lot, where our Dear Leader gets to star in them.

Well said and rep points to you! :eatdrink004:

Burn the Horse
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM

I couldn't agree more. One of my best friends during my years in Troy was Turkish. Since I have spent so much time abroad I find it natural to befriend those who are themselves not from the area.

You'd be surprised what you can learn/gain from befriending someone from outside the area/country.

foreignpride
09-25-2011, 11:57 PM
I couldn't agree more. One of my best friends during my years in Troy was Turkish. Since I have spent so much time abroad I find it natural to befriend those who are themselves not from the area.

You'd be surprised what you can learn/gain from befriending someone from outside the area/country.
Thank you! At one point of time we had a lot of Turks, they come in waves. There is a world outside of Alabama and a lot of people seem to ignore that. The whole way of thinking changes once you get on the plane and step outside of your comfort zone. But for those who can't Troy brings the world to them, if only they would open up. We have 61 countries represented this year. So much to learn and to experience!

JPSousa1898
09-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Thank you! At one point of time we had a lot of Turks, they come in waves. There is a world outside of Alabama and a lot of people seem to ignore that. The whole way of thinking changes once you get on the plane and step outside of your comfort zone. But for those who can't Troy brings the world to them, if only they would open up. We have 61 countries represented this year. So much to learn and to experience!

Being a music major, I never got to experience much with our International Students, but when I did have interactions with some who didn't speak English it was always a pleasant experience and they were genuinely interested in talking. This was also when there wasn't much integration between the international program and the "locals".