PDA

View Full Version : Alright who's going to Nawlins? (Nutcracker version: post 72)

Possum
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I've gotten my ticket and my hotel room reserved.

Not bad for a TROY student, huh?

I'll see you in da Big Easy, Old Timers!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
SOTSButterfly and I will be there, room and tickets are taken care of. Can't wait!

trojanmajorette
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
My husband and I got our hotel room at the team hotel today and our tickets...we decided to leave the little one with my mom and make it a great weekend!!! I can't wait to watch Troy win (and my 1st cousin started for Southern Miss) NO Bowl Bound! GOOOO TROOOOJANS!!!!!

troy4ever
12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Got my room and tickets! Can't wait!

BlackAndGold1
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
My husband and I got our hotel room at the team hotel today and our tickets...we decided to leave the little one with my mom and make it a great weekend!!! I can't wait to watch Troy win (and my 1st cousin started for Southern Miss) NO Bowl Bound! GOOOO TROOOOJANS!!!!!

Well, at least you'll be in the booze capital of the world to drink your pain away.

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

The Red Wave
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Ahhh yes. The Big Easy. Commanders Palace, Turtle Soup. Antoine's! So many great place to dine and have adult beverages. I'm at the W with my crew and several others.

TroyTuba
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, at least you'll be in the booze capital of the world to drink your pain away.

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

Delusional...... Troy 38 Southern Miss 17

ksdtrojan
12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I am there!!!

FHBrian
12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
We'll be there, 12 in our group. Can't wait!!

Doug4Troy
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I am there as well. I am a bit more "geeked" up about playing Southern Missy than when I made the trip for Rice. The MOB was cool though. Does USM have a band?

Go TROJANS!!!

TroyTuba
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
We are between 10 and 13 in our little clique of band alums and I know several more that are going in another large group. Got myself into the team hotel today!!!!

TrojanWarrior418
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Have to wait and see if I can get the time off of work. I hope I get to go, I'll spend a lot of time stumbling down Burbon Street with a hand grenade from the Tropical Isle in my hand.

TroyDrum89
12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Does USM have a band?

They do have a band, and they're pretty good. Not as good as the SOTS though.

FoulPolePhenom
12-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

Who is Troy State? I heard they went away like five years ago

Navarre Trojan
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

imbecile and is always trying to get under one's skin. Just ignore this person and press on.

CattouseFan
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm taking my grandfather down to New Orleans. He has always wanted to go there, so I thought what better time! It will be his first Troy game!

Schnauzer71
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

You silly hayseed, no one has held Troy to single digits all year, the lowest was Ohio State who held us 10. We've scored 114 points in our last 3 games. Now your 6-6 Dustyville Eaglets are going to hold us to 6 points?

And yes, I will be going to New Orleans.

Discophobia
12-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I am there! There are 14 in my group.

nasupporter
12-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I've gotten my ticket and my hotel room reserved.

Not bad for a TROY student, huh?

I'll see you in da Big Easy, Old Timers!

Not bad at all, possum. A young college kid can do wonders,,,,,,now an old worn out ball-headed man like me takes effort. Got my wife and then in touch with my two adorable children,(my daughter is an alum feature twirler with the SOSTS), Ordered my four tickets, Made two room reservations, flirted with the cajun girl on the reservation desk, And then did a TR--OJ -- ANS cheer over the phone ! .... now I must go take my medicine from excitement but plan on bringging extra "heart Pills" for the game and a few extra for Bourbon street,, especailly if I meet up with that little french lassie.

IN A SERIOUS NOTE !! Is there anytype meeting or fun night with all the posters on this board. It would be great to meet and greet!

tenaciousT
12-08-2008, 01:31 AM
I will be there with with at least 10 others. havent got our tickets yet, hopefully tuesday. got our rooms already in the team hotel. cant wait! GO TROJANS!

TROJANFAN26
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
5 of us, got our flight, hotel, and tickets from TROY TICKET OFFICE!

trojanbrutha
12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I ordered my tickets this morning...All I'm going to this game for is to see LB hoist that trophy above his head, but, I guess I'll watch some of the game since I'll be there waiting...:rolleyes:

socrgoly25
12-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I ordered my tickets this morning...All I'm going to this game for is to see LB hoist that trophy above his head, but, I guess I'll watch some of the game since I'll be there waiting...:rolleyes:

Maybe Coach can get it up there this time without help. Last time I think he was surprised by its weight and nearly dropped it. That might have made ESPN for sure.

BlackAndGold1
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Is he planning to steal it from the Southern Miss locker room?

Troy_Nomad
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Is he planning to steal it from the Southern Miss locker room?

Only way it gets in your locker room is if you guys steal it. In which case we would probably just let you have it. We already have a trophy from this year. And it doesn't say 7th place on it.

BirminghamTrojan
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Me + 5

I wonder how our ticket sales are going. If the average number of tickets bought per call is 4 then we would only need about 1,250 calls to sell our allotment.

I'd love it if we sold out this week.

BlackAndGold1
12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Only way it gets in your locker room is if you guys steal it. In which case we would probably just let you have it. We already have a trophy from this year. And it doesn't say 7th place on it.

If you want a good look at the trophy, you can come here to view it after the game....

http://southernmiss.cstv.com/facilities/ath-center.html

By the way, congratulations for your first undisputed championship in the worst FBS league in existence.

Troy_Nomad
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
By the way, congratulations for your first undisputed championship in the worst FBS league in existence.

First place in worst conference > seventh place in second to worst conference

ksdtrojan
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
If you want a good look at the trophy, you can come here to view it after the game....

Ok B&G1 consider this your warning.

Stop flaming and hi-jacking every single thread.

I have been tolerant of you alot longer than many on here wanted the mods to be but you post on many threads that warrant no response from you. By doing so, you take over the thread by not replying to the topic as stated in the opening post of the thread.

TroyFootball05
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Southern Miss - 42
Troy State - 6

No one's held us under 10. USM Defense < tOSU Defense.

In fact, USM Defense < Arkansas State Defense.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM

It's pretty bad, no doubt, but it might not be the worst (debatable). I can guarantee that this isn't the worst team in FB$. So, we'll take the trophy home with us because to the victor goes the spoils...:rolleyes:

BlackAndGold1
12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
First place in worst conference > seventh place in second to worst conference

Not when our conference is 7-1 against yours.

BlackAndGold1
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
No one's held us under 10. USM Defense < tOSU Defense.

In fact, USM Defense < Arkansas State Defense.

Our offense will be on the field so much that you won't have a chance to score more than 6 points.

ksdtrojan
12-08-2008, 12:54 PM

I have been tolerant of you alot longer than many on here wanted the mods to be but you post on many threads that warrant no response from you. By doing so, you take over the thread by not replying to the topic as stated in the opening post of the thread.
You have missed this B&G1. Check your PM. Top right corner of the page.

TrojanWar
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM

B&G1,
Next offense will warrant a permanent ban. There are too many good Southern Miss fans posting over here for everyone to have to put up with you.

Cane gone Trojan
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Me + 3 will be there. Looking forward to it.

TSUALUM
12-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll be there! Already booked hotel and airfare prior to stAte game. Looking forward to the game and the atmosphere in NO.

TSU92
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Got my 4 tickets yesterday and booked a room at the Marriott.

BlackAndGold1
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
You have missed this B&G1. Check your PM. Top right corner of the page.

Haven't missed anything, bud.

ksdtrojan
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Haven't missed anything, bud.
Very well then.

Mr. Ho
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Our offense will be on the field so much that you won't have a chance to score more than 6 points.

TMTDM 0-0 last 2 years against CDOA teams. Coincidence?

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
the Hilton Riverfront, a partner of Harrah's of New Orleans, ordered 12 tickets to boot!

Can hardly wait for this!!!!

Discophobia
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Why would you boot your tickets?

Mr. Ho
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
the Hilton Riverfront, a partner of Harrah's of New Orleans, ordered 12 tickets to boot!

Can hardly wait for this!!!!

Hilton Riverfront also team hotel for Mississy Normal School.

troy145
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
i think me

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Hilton Riverfront also team hotel for Mississy Normal School.

they are partners of Harrah's and they were comps! So, that is where we shall be boarding for the weekend of festivities.

42kdad
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
we are staying at the Sheraton across from the team hotel.

Pcbtrojan
12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Holiday Inn on Royal Street in tha Quarter.

42kdad
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
from the team hotel to Cafe Dumonde ( My wife demands to go there)...can we walk right down Decatur to them? Looks like it should be the easiest way to get there..also, is it a safe way to go? This will be our first time to New Orleans, so I might have a few questions about how to get around.
Thanks

Rette
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
There will be 6 of us traveling to NOB. See ya there!!

GO TROJANS!!!!

Discophobia
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
42K Dad, if a guy comes up to you and says I bet I can tell you where you got those shoes. Keep walking, I feel for it on my first trip to NO when I was 10. NO is fun and the area around Bourbon St, the market, Jax Brewery are pretty safe becuase there is such a police presence. NO is the murder capital of the US but most of that happens in areas outside the tourist spots. No joke though the last couple of times we have been there including the 2006 game we had someone try and pick our pockets, when we caught them they ran off, so keep your cash out of your back pocket and dont wear any flashy necklaces or earings. For awhile a few years ago they were having a problem with people coming up and snatching necklaces and running. In the areas we will all be in it will be safe, becuase of the number of people and police, just always keep your eyes open. As far as walking to the game there should be enough people etc. That you shouldnt have any problem. We did it in 2006 and there were a lot of us making our way to and from the dome. See ya in NO!

TU Rob
12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
42K Dad, if a guy comes up to you and says I bet I can tell you where you got those shoes. Keep walking, I feel for it on my first trip to NO when I was 10.

You gotta tell us the story now.

YJason
12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
w/ wife. Staying at Holiday Inn Chateau LeMoyne, we stayed there last time.

ksdtrojan
12-08-2008, 06:05 PM
You gotta tell us the story now.
I was thinking the same thing. Let's hear it.

Mr. Ho
12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
w/ wife. Staying at Holiday Inn Chateau LeMoyne, we stayed there last time.

Mr. Ho stay there too. $139 per night for Executive Suite by pool. Ssssh Mrs. Ho doesn't know yet, it big surprise for her.

Discophobia
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
That is the oldest con on Bourbon Street. They see a tourist in his USM yellow and black and they come up to him and say. Hey I bet you a five dollars I can tell you where you bought those shoes and where you got them. Mr. hayseed says there is no way you can do that, alright. Then the guy says you bought them in a store and you've got them on your feet standing on Bourbon Street.....Now give me my five dollars sucka! They usually have a few less than savory looking associates with them to ensure that you payoff your end of the bargain. Good times, good times. I cant wait for NO, baby!

fbfan
12-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Mr. Ho stay there too. $139 per night for Executive Suite by pool. Ssssh Mrs. Ho doesn't know yet, it big surprise for her.

I bet she will be surprised when you call her and tell her you are in Naw'lins!

Mr. Ho
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I bet she will be surprised when you call her and tell her you are in Naw'lins!

Yes and she only think I go out for paper.

JaredMc
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
My girlfriend and I will be there with at least 4 other people. We're staying at Hotel Monteleone.

jagd1305
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm there with 7 others.

SOTSButterfly
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
That is the oldest con on Bourbon Street. They see a tourist in his USM yellow and black and they come up to him and say. Hey I bet you a five dollars I can tell you where you bought those shoes and where you got them. Mr. hayseed says there is no way you can do that, alright. Then the guy says you bought them in a store and you've got them on your feet standing on Bourbon Street.....Now give me my five dollars sucka! They usually have a few less than savory looking associates with them to ensure that you payoff your end of the bargain. Good times, good times. I cant wait for NO, baby!

Wouldn't work for me...I ordered my shoes online and they came straight from the factory. lol

TFan
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Same prank happened to me in 1966! "Hey Missa, i bet I can tell you where you got yo shoes!! Same $5.00, same goons standing around.. I gladly forked over the dough!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? BOWLIN' NOLA STYLE!

tntrojan
12-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Me and the Mrs. are coming down. Haven't missed Troy in a D-1 bowl game yet!
Want to stay at the team hotel. Anyone know which one it is?

TROJANFAN26
12-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Attached link
http://neworleansbowl.com/2007/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=34

Me and the Mrs. are coming down. Haven't missed Troy in a D-1 bowl game yet!
Want to stay at the team hotel. Anyone know which one it is?

Navarre Trojan
12-09-2008, 07:48 AM
we are staying at the Team Hotel, Hilton New Orleans Riverside, the OTHER TEAMS!! No wonder Harrah's wanted to comp them, they have all kinds of availibility!!!!!

JCTroy75
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I got my 24 tickets ordered and a block of rooms reserved at OUR team's hotel.

pkf4troy
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
from the team hotel to Cafe Dumonde ( My wife demands to go there)...can we walk right down Decatur to them? Looks like it should be the easiest way to get there..also, is it a safe way to go? This will be our first time to New Orleans, so I might have a few questions about how to get around.
Thanks

Its right off Jackson Square....theres also one in the Riverwalk Mall. You cant miss the one off Jackson Square.

TU Rob
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
This is really depressing me. Next year I'm going to block off the dates of the bowl way in advance and if we make it there again, definitely go to it. I watched from home two years ago. We had family Christmas at my parents the next day, and us staying at home that friday to watch the game was the only reason we didn't drive down that night. We have family Christmas at my grandparents this year on the day of the game, and I'll be driving back home in time to watch it at home. What really makes me sick is that my grandparents live about 3.5 hours from there and I could probably leave there that afternoon and make it to the dome in time for the game. Instead of driving the 2.5 hours the other way to make it back home. But it just isn't in the cards this year.

Navarre Trojan
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I got my 24 tickets ordered and a block of rooms reserved at OUR team's hotel.

I guess that is what I get for getting my free on my players club card, oh well! We will deal with it, besides, I don't think there will be a lot of time spent in the room!!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez - cher

TrojanGranger
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I gotta work, but I'll be listening to Barry, Jerry, Chris & Mike!

The Messenger
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll be there and it can't get here soon enough.

Burn the Horse
12-09-2008, 10:34 AM
you guys won't believe this, i almost don't believe it myself. this is a scenario fit for a movie.

i can't go to the bowl game because my wife and mother have "surprised" me with tickets to the Nut Cracker Ballet at 2:30 on Dec. 21st in Montgomery. they didn't know it was the same day as the game and cannot return the tickets. so there is no way the two of them will allow me to skip out on this, it's a family thing i am told.

i will be watching the game on ESPN, so yall make enough noise for me.

pkf4troy
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
you guys won't believe this, i almost don't believe it myself. this is a scenario fit for a movie.

i can't go to the bowl game because my wife and mother have "surprised" me with tickets to the Nut Cracker Ballet at 2:30 on Dec. 21st in Montgomery. they didn't know it was the same day as the game and cannot return the tickets. so there is no way the two of them will allow me to skip out on this, it's a family thing i am told.

So will you be wearing the tu-tu?

TU Rob
12-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Dude, if that is why you can't go to the bowl, then they should be more understanding. You could always gift the nutcracker tix to someone that would want to go.

FHBrian
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I am glad my family knows me well enough not to buy me Nutcracker tickets. I sat through it once as a kid and hopefully will never have to endure that again. Sorry for your unfortunate circumstances.

TU Rob
12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I am glad my family knows me well enough not to buy me Nutcracker tickets. I sat through it once as a kid and hopefully will never have to endure that again. Sorry for your unfortunate circumstances.

Same here. If my wife got me those, I'd laugh in her face and ask her who is going with her, because it wouldn't be me. Although I have enjoyed several different acts at the theatre, the nut cracker is not one of them.

ThePowerMan
12-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Obviously some of these guys haven't been married very long. However, I have been married long enough that my wife would have never bought them for me "as a surprise". I am sure of that. But I have had to do many things that I didn't want to do just to "do the family thing." Funny thing is that after it was all said and done............most the time I really enjoyed the family time.

But I am taking my family with me on the trip to NO. She may be doing the "family thing" for me on this one. Hummmmmmm.........

ksdtrojan
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Obviously some of these guys haven't been married very long. However, I have been married long enough that my wife would have never bought them for me "as a surprise". I am sure of that. But I have had to do many things that I didn't want to do just to "do the family thing." Funny thing is that after it was all said and done............most the time I really enjoyed the family time.

But I am taking my family with me on the trip to NO. She may be doing the "family thing" for me on this one. Hummmmmmm.........
Yep it is mostly definitely give and take. As long as both parties are willing it always works out.

Navarre Trojan
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM

I mean WOW, that is all I can say!!

Did she Gomer Pile you with, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"???

Pcbtrojan
12-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Thats why you wait until your forty to get married.

TU Rob
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Thats why you wait until your forty to get married.

Or do like I did one year and get the wife a bad Christmas present. She literally laughed in my face when she opened it. I won't go into the details, but she apparently was joking when she made the comment that this item was what she wanted for Christmas, and I happened to be paying attention when she said it but didn't pick up on the sarcasm in her voice. Since then, we have both been very clear on things we would like or not like when it came to gift-giving and surprises. Problem solved.

SOTSButterfly
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM

That sucks, man. Even as a chick I'd rather go to the bowl game than the Nutcracker.

fbfan
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Castration: Removal of the sex glands, usually used to indicate removal of the male testicles.

The don't call it Nutcracker for nothing. I could have handled it better if it was your mother-in-law but your OWN mother did that to you?

You didn't think you could post that and not get razzed a bit did you?

I hear the Montgomery version is a little different than most.

http://images.inmagine.com/img/rubberball/rbv019/rbv0190297.jpg

Troy_Nomad
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
fbfan I laughed out loud when I saw that picture.

Does anyone with connections think maybe we can have a moment of silence before the game in honor of our fallen brother?

TU Rob
12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
The don't call it Nutcracker for nothing. I could have handled it better if it was your mother-in-law but your OWN mother did that to you?

Read again. It said his WIFE and MOTHER. Those are usually the two women that know you best. And they apparently got together on this. Surely you would think that ONE of them would know the date of the game and no that it conflicts with this.

fbfan
12-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Read again. It said his WIFE and MOTHER. Those are usually the two women that know you best. And they apparently got together on this. Surely you would think that ONE of them would know the date of the game and no that it conflicts with this.

I was talking about going to the Nutcracker period, regardless of the game. Just not right to force a guy to do that.

There is some hope. They will actually grow back bigger and stronger if you put your foot down.

fiesty_red
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
5 in my party, staying at the Marriott.

Got our tickets from the Athletic Department. I wish they'd have been able to open up more lines. My husband called right at 1PM on Sunday and of course it was busy solid for the next couple hours. I jokingly said "You know the only person they've got working the phones is Miss Judy." Sure enough, when he finally got through it was Miss Judy that answered. Maybe that's why so many folks got their tickets from the Bowl office in '06 - didn't have the patience to keep trying to get through the line at the field house.

Looks like we've got good numbers, so far.

Discophobia
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I would think my wife and mother would know better than to get me nutcracker tickets regardless if Troy was or was not playing that day. My wife is cool enough that A.) she would not have gotten me a ticket to the nutcracker and B.) would understand that I would much rather be in NO than sitting in Montgomery watching the nutcracker. She would invite a friend and tell me to hit the road to NO. Either your wife doesnt really understand you, you are just married and you dont want to rock the boat, you are married for a long time and have a marriage based on her doing things that she really wants to do and disquises them as things we can do together, you actually want to go to the nutcracker, your testicular fortitude has never fully developed as you have grown into adulthood.

fbfan
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I would think my wife and mother would know better than to get me nutcracker tickets regardless if Troy was or was not playing that day. My wife is cool enough that A.) she would not have gotten me a ticket to the nutcracker and B.) would understand that I would much rather be in NO than sitting in Montgomery watching the nutcracker. She would invite a friend and tell me to hit the road to NO. Either your wife doesnt really understand you, you are just married and you dont want to rock the boat, you are married for a long time and have a marriage based on her doing things that she really wants to do and disquises them as things we can do together, you actually want to go to the nutcracker, your testicular fortitude has never fully developed as you have grown into adulthood.

Ding, ding.

Cane gone Trojan
12-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Hey Moderators,
Can we band Trojan Delta Chi for this?
This is very offensive! lol

Trojan Delta Chi,

Tell your wife that they have changed the location of the Nutcracker to the NO Superdome. This is where the Trojans are going to crack the Golden Eagles' nuts!

TroyTuba
12-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Nice.........

TFan
12-09-2008, 11:19 PM

Is there some late afternon flight from MGM to NOLA? Can we take up a collection? My sympathy fellow Trojan!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

GO TROJANS!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey Moderators,

Trojan Delta Chi,

Tell your wife that they have changed the location of the Nutcracker to the NO Superdome. This is where the Trojans are going to crack the Golden Eagles' nuts!

Amen to that brother! Man TDC that is just sad, nothing else to say.

CHughes1102
12-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Any guess on how the ticket sales are going?

Navarre Trojan
12-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Any guess on how the ticket sales are going?

It is my understanding from talking with Adam yesterday that the sales were "better than brisk" and that they anticipate selling all of our initial allotment by Friday. More will be requested as necessary. Sales will close on Tuesday in order to get the tickets overnighted and in time for folks to get them before departing for New Orleans. I estimate that we will have many more this year than in 2006, but that is just my guess.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE SO LET'S PACK IT!!

GO TROJANS!!!!

Schnauzer71
12-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Hey Moderators,

Trojan Delta Chi,

I love my wife and my mother, but I'm sorry, and I guess this shows how priorities can be distorted by football in the south, but some feelings would be getting hurt big time on this one in my family. If I were in your shoes, I would gently suggest to them that they invite some other significant female in your family to use your ticket, a grandma or auntie or sister or family friend, and express to them that you appreciate their gift and love them for it, but they just made a perfectly understandable error in failing to check out the calendar in advance to fill in the blanks on bowl scenarios and that you will see them when you get back from New Orleans and they can tell you all about it at Christmas dinner. People get gifts all the time they that either don't use or try to take back to the store for a refund or exchange or they rewrap it and give it to someone else - why does this have to be written in stone? I mean, c'mon! Troy football in a bowl against a team we have been trying to get a game with for years, or a ballet? Man, you are dedicated to your family in ways not even a pretty good family man like myself can fathom, I tip my hat to you. But if you go through with this Nutcracker business (haha, the irony of that!), then your wife and mom owe you big time.

Troy_Nomad
12-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I've only been married for two years so I guess I'm still relatively new at this mariage thing. I understand how situations like this can be difficult when you're newly married. It would be easier if it was just your wife or just your mom but you really don't want to piss off both ladies in your life. Just don't let them drag you to Panera bread afterwards to eat some sissy food. As soon as the ballet is over stop and get some football food and go straight home. If I were you I would return the favor by surprising her with some Florida tickets for next season or in your case maybe some Titans tickets. They owe you big time so make sure you get something good out of it.

TrojanEmpire
12-10-2008, 09:21 AM

Just go and don't complain. Remember the old saying, "If Momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy."

Schnauzer71
12-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Just go and don't complain. Remember the old saying, "If Momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy."

Well my Mom always told me, "I just want you to be happy." So if I am happy, she's happy. And going to a Troy bowl game makes me a whole lot happier than a ballet!

Navarre Trojan
12-10-2008, 09:31 AM

understanding that it is "Mom" not "Mother-in-law" and if this is the case, get Mom outside and tell her that this should be a 'bonding period' between her and her new daughter (in-law). An opportunity for them to learn how to appreciate the same things with each other. You don't want to get in the way of that, do you?

Somehow Dude, you have to get out of this! Come-on the Nut over the TMTDM? Sack-up, get Mom in another room and just 'splain it to her', bottom line. In the years to come you will be able to look back at this and see the impact it will have on the communication skills you will develop over the years. Come on, we need you in New Orleans!!!

(If not, I may be in favor the ban motion from CaneGoneTrojan)

TFan
12-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I've only been married for two years so I guess I'm still relatively new at this mariage thing. I understand how situations like this can be difficult when you're newly married. It would be easier if it was just your wife or just your mom but you really don't want to piss off both ladies in your life. Just don't let them drag you to Panera bread afterwards to eat some sissy food. As soon as the ballet is over stop and get some football food and go straight home. If I were you I would return the favor by surprising her with some Florida tickets for next season or in your case maybe some Titans tickets. They owe you big time so make sure you get something good out of it.

You might SURPRISE her (them) with some prime Montgomery Bisquits season tix next summer during her "Beach" weekends.

Just a thought, but i've been divorced twice..so What it's Worth.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

GO TROJANS!

FHBrian
12-10-2008, 09:57 AM
He wasn't going anyways even before the Nutcracker tickets so not sure why there so much dicussion on this. He was going to be at home watching either way.

Burn the Horse
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM

yeah, i've been married since September. i put up a damn good fight, but in the end, it is the family. soooo, thanks for all the jabs and advice, they were funny yes. i'm actually going to try and salvage this situation by throwing a big New Orleans Bowl party. adult beverages, cajun food, beads for everyone and maybe some minor decorations (the wife owes me). so maybe it won't be so bad. yall just make sure and hold it down for me on bourbon street.

pkf4troy
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah, i've been married since September. i put up a damn good fight, but in the end, it is the family. soooo, thanks for all the jabs and advice, they were funny yes. i'm actually going to try and salvage this situation by throwing a big New Orleans Bowl party. adult beverages, cajun food, beads for everyone and maybe some minor decorations (the wife owes me). so maybe it won't be so bad. yall just make sure and hold it down for me on bourbon street.

Just make sure you shread your man card :)

Burn the Horse
12-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Just make sure you shread your man card :)

gee, thanks.

pkf4troy
12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
J/K..... give it time and these "surprises" wear off. I always get the calendar during football season and write the games and bowl game through the months so there is no confusion. I just hit the 11 year mark so we know better then to order tickets or schedule anything without talking to each other 1st.

TrojanEmpire
12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
understanding that it is "Mom" not "Mother-in-law" and if this is the case, get Mom outside and tell her that this should be a 'bonding period' between her and her new daughter (in-law). An opportunity for them to learn how to appreciate the same things with each other. You don't want to get in the way of that, do you?

Somehow Dude, you have to get out of this! Come-on the Nut over the TMTDM? Sack-up, get Mom in another room and just 'splain it to her', bottom line. In the years to come you will be able to look back at this and see the impact it will have on the communication skills you will develop over the years. Come on, we need you in New Orleans!!!

I mean Momma as in the wife

TU Rob
12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
J/K..... give it time and these "surprises" wear off. I always get the calendar during football season and write the games and bowl game through the months so there is no confusion. I just hit the 11 year mark so we know better then to order tickets or schedule anything without talking to each other 1st.

Or do like I do. Ask if she minds if you go to the LSU game with her brother, let her say no, and then order tickets anyways. We had a lengthy discussion about it one night. She didn't understand why I couldn't be satisfied with just going to the home games and wanted to know why I wanted to go to the road games as well. I told her I'd never really be satisfied until I could go to all 12 games plus the bowl. Basically, the fact that I don't do anything for myself the other 40 weekends of the year and we do a lot of family things then was my argument. I'll do anything and everything she wants all year and during the weeks of football season, but when it is gameday, that will come first. I made it to 5 home games and LSU this year. And watched 4 other ones. The two I didn't watch were OK State, because I couldn't, and UNT, because I had cable problems that weekend and couldn't get online. I made the decision last-minute to drive to the game this past weekend because I couldn't get it on gameplan with Charter for some reason. My daughter was a little sick and my wife stayed home with her. Made the drive down and back alone, but at least got to see the team celebrate after the game, and that was all worth it.

Burn the Horse
12-10-2008, 10:39 AM
in addition to myself, my wife, and my mother, my grandmother, my brother, the whole dang family is going to this thing.

TrojanEmpire
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
in addition to myself, my wife, and my mother, my grandmother, my brother, the whole dang family is going to this thing.

Family always comes first dude.

fbfan
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM

Here is the answer to your problem!

New Orleans Ballet Theatre's 'Nutcracker' is the first of the season

Dixon Hall, Tulane University
Dec. 19 and 20 at 7 p.m., Dec. 20 and 21 at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $25-$58; call 504.888.0931 or through Ticketmaster at 504.522.5555.

FHBrian
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
In emergency situations yes, family always comes first. I set my football schedule very early and my family knows what weekends I am available. My nieces birthday is early Sept and usually falls around a big away game. My sister schedules around it or I am not there. Everyone knows it ahead of time so there are no hard feelings. I have family from Iowa staying at my house the weekend of the bowl game, but I will be in New Orleans. You just got to set your schedule and make sure everyone knows about it. It isn't personal it is Troy Football.

JonesOxygen
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
In emergency situations yes, family always comes first. I set my football schedule very early and my family knows what weekends I am available. My nieces birthday is early Sept and usually falls around a big away game. My sister schedules around it or I am not there. Everyone knows it ahead of time so there are no hard feelings. I have family from Iowa staying at my house the weekend of the bowl game, but I will be in New Orleans. You just got to set your schedule and make sure everyone knows about it. It isn't personal it is Troy Football.

Amen, you gotta to run yo house! Put your foot down and go to New Orleans! Don't let some ballet get in your way.....ballet!?
However, I have to miss the New Orleans Bowl due to conflicting schedules with my family. We made our family change all of their plans b/c we are going to Disney World for Christmas, not paying attention that the bowl was moved to sunday at the time.

TU Rob
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
However, I have to miss the New Orleans Bowl due to conflicting schedules with my family. We made our family change all of their plans b/c we are going to Disney World for Christmas, not paying attention that the bowl was moved to sunday at the time.

Yeah, the Sunday date threw me off this year. We planned Christmas with the extended family for Saturday and Sunday. I thought that if the game was on Friday, I could take the day off, fly/drive to New Orleans, and drive back up to where they live on Saturday morning. When I see dates, if it is far off, I have to check the calendar to see what day of the week it falls on. I don't think I realized it was a Sunday until a month or so ago.

Burn the Horse
12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Amen, you gotta to run yo house! Put your foot down and go to New Orleans! Don't let some ballet get in your way.....ballet!?

have you ever been married? lol.

FHBrian
12-10-2008, 11:40 AM
JMS, I was about to ask about the Disney trip, but then I got all the way to the bottom.

Nice Trojan
12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
It's all easy. I have a brother in the navy stationed in Japan. He is flying into Orlando with his family on Dec 20. We were to head down there along with 20 or so of my other relatives. I said, ok, Mrs. Nice Trojan, you go and take the baby. I will fly into Orlando from new orleans Monday morning. After reviewing this for awhile, I changed my mind and told her we were going to New Orleans and skipping the family in Orlando. The family will get over it. Family forgives - eventually. And for those of you that know me, my wife definitly gets her way with EVERYTHING, except for when it comes to Troy football. Even if this means I have to fly to Japan next summer to make up for it or something.

JonesOxygen
12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
have you ever been married? lol.

Yes, 15 times. It takes practice.
Just kidding look at my disclaimer at the bottom, my lovely (first and only) wife as well as our awesome 2 1/2 year old will not be in New Orleans either.

Navarre Trojan
12-10-2008, 12:09 PM
it's all easy. I have a brother in the navy stationed in japan. He is flying into orlando with his family on dec 20. We were to head down there along with 20 or so of my other relatives. I said, ok, mrs. Nice trojan, you go and take the baby. I will fly into orlando from new orleans monday morning. After reviewing this for awhile, i changed my mind and told her we were going to new orleans and skipping the family in orlando. The family will get over it. Family forgives - eventually. And for those of you that know me, my wife definitly gets her way with everything, except for when it comes to troy football. even if this means i have to fly to japan next summer to make up for it or something.

that's what i'm talking about, right there!!!

Mrs. Ho
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Loser on board more interested in typing comebacks than seeing TMTDM in person.

Hemi Man
12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I am very lucky, when it comes to my wife. She loves football, so it was no problem getting her to go along with this trip. We actually only missed two games this year. She will be in New Orleans,and my apologies to those that sit around us at the game. She will be loud and proud. And we will stand up a good bit during the game.

TroyTuba
12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
As will my wife and I. We usually sit in the student section next to the band (I've only been out of school for two years now) because I still consider myself young enough to keep up with the "kids" in cheering for Troy. Plus there are a bunch of young alumni over there too.

RDA Trojan
12-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Bump!!!

JonesOxygen
12-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Bump!!!

The good ole days

TROJANFAN26
12-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Classic, will never forget that!

EverythingTrojan
12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm there with husband!!!!!!!!

tr_oj_ans
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM

You're that moderator "Burn the Nuts" over on the Nutcracker fan forum aren't you. Your identity has been discovered!

TroyTuba
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Can't believe you guys brought this back up, tooooooo funny!!!!!!