PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Numbers

TrojanWar
09-04-2005, 03:10 PM
OK, we all have to be honost and say the attendance numbers are not correct. There is no way we had 18,536. Yeah, we had more than 10K, but not even close to 18K. They had to have gone by tickets sold rather than tickets taken up. I wish the number was right, but anyone that went to the game should be able to tell you that number is well off.

That said, the crowd was much better than I had expected.

TroyPremier
09-04-2005, 07:34 PM
If you're talking about after halftime when "The big men on campus" left, then you're probably right. From my observation, I think that the official attendance number is fairly close prior to the start of the second half.

TrojanEmpire
09-04-2005, 08:16 PM
had to leave. They had to go watch the Aubies lose and listen to Alabama start their rebirth by beating MTSU. The way they are talking about it in the paper, a national chamiponship and Heisman trophy for Brodie Croyle is a done deal.

TroyTrojanMan
09-04-2005, 10:09 PM
As a senior at Troy once again I was sitting in the student section with my GF. As soon as half-time came all the frats got up and left except the ATOís. I am not in a frat but I give the ATOís credit they stand and cheer and act like they are interested. Every single here the police have to come and tell the frats they can not reserve seats and every year they get upset. I donít understand why they get so upset because they are going to leave anyway at the half. No matter what if itís a close game or not they are gone. It makes no since to me at all.

TrojanEmpire
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
when I was there. It will take a while to change that mentality. I didn't realize it until a couple of years ago that I was guilty of the same thing while I was there.

Nice Trojan
09-05-2005, 07:40 AM
It will take the students to stop that. A group of students who are not frat/sorority needs to just go sit down there with their GDI's and refuse to move. I am not against the frats sitting together, I am in favor of going to games with your friends. But move to the upper deck or something. If your going to leave at halftime anyway, let the real fans sit in the front student section. I saw several pledges walking around wearing the coat and ties with an AU hat or a Bama hat. Now that is going to tell you all you need to know about what time they are leaving the game.

goe1975
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM
There is no way we had 18,536. Yeah, we had more than 10K, but not even close to 18K. They had to have gone by tickets sold rather than tickets taken up.

I will never understand this. WHY do people buy tickets and then not show up! If you can't make it, then give them to somebody who will! What a waste.

Tums
09-05-2005, 10:20 AM
There is no way we had 18,536. Yeah, we had more than 10K, but not even close to 18K. They had to have gone by tickets sold rather than tickets taken up.

I will never understand this. WHY do people buy tickets and then not show up! If you can't make it, then give them to somebody who will! What a waste.
I guess you think it was more important that we give our tickets away than try and recover from the hurricane. I know some from Troy (national guard) that went down to help out that have tickets. I was listening to the game on the radio while trying make arrangements for a tanker to pick up a load of fuel. Fred and people in that situation do not want to drive out of the hurricane striken area just to watch the ball game and not be sure they will get the gas to get back home. Please think about what you are typing before you type. I promise you if you where in that situation you had rather people help you than worry about giving away there football tickets or going to the game. :roll:

TrojanWar
09-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm not one bit upset with the turnout. In fact, I was very impressed. I just don't think the numbers were accurate and this was a discussion we had several times last year.

Tums
09-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm not one bit upset with the turnout. In fact, I was very impressed. I just don't think the numbers were accurate and this was a discussion we had several times last year.
Yea, I talked with some students that left after the first quarter this morning and got the same old tune from them. Said they where not interested in watching Troy play some YAYA sisterhood school after we where up 17-0. I was not directing any of my previous post at you TW. It was directed at the poster that thought our time would have been better spent giving the tickets that we paid for to someone else to go to the game rather than doing a good deed. I also was impressed with that kind of numbers considering the situation this weekend.

goe1975
09-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I guess you think it was more important that we give our tickets away than try and recover from the hurricane. I know some from Troy (national guard) that went down to help out that have tickets. I was listening to the game on the radio while trying make arrangements for a tanker to pick up a load of fuel. Fred and people in that situation do not want to drive out of the hurricane striken area just to watch the ball game and not be sure they will get the gas to get back home. Please think about what you are typing before you type. I promise you if you where in that situation you had rather people help you than worry about giving away there football tickets or going to the game. :roll:

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be insensisitve. I apologize for offending you and others who could not make the game because of the hurricane. But I was actually talking about a LOT of games where 20,000 tickets were sold and only half the people show up. I certainly did not mean to imply that Troy football is more important than the hurricane cleanup efforts. Again, I apologize if that is the way it sounded.

BMarkey
09-05-2005, 05:36 PM
>>Said they where not interested in watching Troy play some YAYA sisterhood school after we where up 17-0.<<

So what is more important in Troy on an early Saturday night? I can;t imagine there is so much more to do than watch an entertaining football game. Stupid "fans".

As for coming to a game from a hurricane area, some of us did it last year and it was a great diversion for a day or two. I went from from no electricity and sweating my brains out from cutting up downed trees to cheering on the Trojans. It was a blast - well, at least until the aircraft came onto final approach to PBIA and I saw all the roofs off.

Trojan1998
09-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I assume that we will have a great crowd this Saturday night. Hopefully the largest crowd in the Gallery's history.

UAB didn't take many folks to Knoxville. There appeared to only be around 200-300 or so. Surely the Blazer fans will come out in full force in Pike County this weekend since they're expecting a BIG win over poor 'ol Troy Teachers College.

troy1
09-06-2005, 09:49 AM
My parents wanted to attend but there has been no gas available in their town. A station there received a gas delivery yesterday but after they filled up the fire trucks and police cars they were limiting everyone else to $10.00 maximum per car...that won't get you very far!
Fortunately, I have a car that sips diesel to the tune of 54 mpg so my wife and I were able to attend the game.

Navarre Trojan
09-06-2005, 11:07 AM
There are some interesting statements made by students who leave the game early because it is boring! SOME OF THESE WERE STUDENT ATHLETES!!!

Thanks fellas

http://www.troymessenger.com/articles/2005/09/04/news/newsssss04.txt

BMarkey
09-06-2005, 05:32 PM
The baseball coach should have that pitcher running laps. See how boring that is.

BDM88
09-06-2005, 05:54 PM
It was a blast - well, at least until the aircraft came onto final approach to PBIA and I saw all the roofs off. BMarkley how long have you lived IN South Fla? Up until 99 I lived in Palm Beach Gardens. I lived there for 29 years. The only reason I left (besides the Hurricanes) were my Parents Retired And I wanted a New start on Life. Now I live ten minutes away From Bristol and an Hour and a Half From Knoxville.

BMarkey
09-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I've been here since 1978, except for five (on and off) years at Troy.

You left in '99 just before the huge real estate boom. :)

I was surprised to learn last week that my home area (Palm Beach County has 1.3 to 1.5 million) is more populous the metro New Orleans (1.2 million). I just found that odd. It doesn't seem that big here.

I see lots of Troy shirts and stickers down here. We should get some sort of support organization going.

TSUWhiner
09-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Thank god I am not there..there needs to be some butt chewing and screaming at these idiots. Whats so damn exciting about aublow and alasuck football??? huh huh "hey hubert..i like the girls..errr..maybe im gay..huh huh huh" STAY IN THE GAMES YOU IDIOTS!!!!! THESE GUYS NEED YOUR SUPPORT NO MATTER HOW BORING YOU THINK IT IS STUPID. MAYBE THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER IF YOU PUSH THEM TO MAKE IT HIGHER. STOP BEING A LAZY ASS STUDENT FAN AND SUPPORT YOUR DAMN SCHOOL. stupid idiots..gosh...I knew that kinda crap was still going on..us old guys really need to start taking peoples aublow and alasuck crap..and kicking them out of the game..it needs to be a stadium rule!

Whiner