PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice...

TrojanWar
09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
all of the people that seemed more concerned about the Alabama or Auburn game during our game? I was in the Stadium Club, and you would think these people would be the die-hard Trojan fans. WRONG! I saw Alabama shirts and hats everywhere and a lot of the people sitting around me had on head phones and kept updating everyone about the other games. I made a point to cheer everytime they announced the scores and either Alabama was close with MTSU or Auburn was losing. That pissed a few people off, but that was the point! 8)

tsufl
09-04-2005, 04:09 PM
all of the people that seemed more concerned about the Alabama or Auburn game during our game? I was in the Stadium Club, and you would think these people would be the die-hard Trojan fans. WRONG! I saw Alabama shirts and hats everywhere and a lot of the people sitting around me had on head phones and kept updating everyone about the other games. I made a point to cheer everytime they announced the scores and either Alabama was close with MTSU or Auburn was losing. That pissed a few people off, but that was the point! 8)

way to go!
I make a point to yell at anyone announcing those scores at everygame I go to.

BMarkey
09-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I would have gone mad witnessing that.

Honestly (and I'm sure I'm gooing to take heat for this from some Alabama residents and old-timers), those people are worthelss and should not buy tickets and not come to games. I do not want them as fellow fans. They buy their tickets and do nothing bu insult our school.

We really ought to start respectfully calling them out each and every time we see it. Make them explain their insulting choice of non-support (and that goes for seat cushions as well).

Be a real Trojan fan or get the hell out and let someone else have your waiting list seat!

BTW, many of these peope do not even show up. Lots of empty Dtadium Club seats are seen each and every game. What a waste of great football real estate.

TrojanEmpire
09-04-2005, 07:21 PM
of such behavior in the past. Caring more about any other game than the Troy game was something I did too. I finally realized, recently, that I am a Troy grad and that my allegiance as a fan should be to the school I graduated from. I come from an Auburn family and it has been ingrained in me for years. Heck even when I was in college, my dad was a bigger Troy fan than me. I feel kind of embarrassed that I did that. Oh well. Point is I am a Troy fan and all these yahoos that sit in the stadium club worried about the Auburn and Alabama games need to get a life. If you are more worried about those games, then go to those games and stay home and watch those games on TV. We do not want your type at Troy games. My only regret is that I do not have the financial stature to afford stadium club seats so I could mock these people until they get the message. Get over your childhood infatuations with birds and dead coaches. Root for the school that gave you the education and tools you need to be succesful in this world. End of rant.

TSUWhiner
09-04-2005, 07:49 PM
S**T I am glad I wasnt there..I cant tolerate that bulls**t from people. YOUR AT A TROY GAME STUPID!!! However, I do appreciate the fact that Aublow did lose! how awesome is that

GO TROY!

TrojanEmpire
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
how much are stadium club season tickets each year. Do you have to make an initial donation? How does it work? I might be interested in purchasing next year so we can have TROY fans there and not Aubies or Bammers.

BMarkey
09-04-2005, 11:56 PM
It costs $300 plus the seats (another $100 or so?).

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=-1&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=286&change_well_id=2

TrojanWar
09-05-2005, 12:33 AM
They basically costs what regular season tickets costs at any SEC school.

Lord-Mustang
09-05-2005, 12:48 AM
There is a waiting list over a page long right now. I spoke with Coach Marshall on friday about it, and am being put on the list now, just for this very reason. It upsets me to see, students, faculty, and staff wearing the "Other" Alabama schools apparel on campus. What they do away from the University is not my business. I use to be an avid Auburn support. I've had a brother, sister, and brother-in-law all graduate from Auburn, so it was understandable. Over the last few years, with all of our advances, my admiration of Auburn has diminished and my passion for Troy has risen. It's time I gave back something to Troy which has been good to me over the years. I love football, and I can think of no better way than to support it with my time, respect, passion, and mostly money. It may not be a huge amount, but atleast I'll be there to cheer for the Trojans, and not Auburn or Alabama while the Trojans are playing. I don't have a problem with cheering for those two, just don't do it while at a Troy game. I want to see ALL of the Alabama teams do well. It speaks volumes for our entire state, but when at Troy, do as the Trojans....cheer for them and not the others. If you want to cheer for one of the other teams, go home and do it there and let the REAL fans be at the Stadium Club and be in the seats. I am suppose to get in touch with Coach Marshall on tuesday. That's when I will be donating my money. Even though I will be getting nothing back in return, except the satisfaction that my $$'s will help, I will be offering a 5 year commitment to the Stadium Club, once I am accepted, for 2 slots.

BMarkey
09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
The Stadium Club is WAY cheaper than SEC season tickets.

My sister and brother-in-law pay thousands of dollars a year for a club-type situation (nothing as nice as Troy's), inlcuding two seats, at Florida Field. I don't even think they get food or drinks, and I think the club is in an end zone.

I wanted to buy Stadium Club seats last year before the waiting list (I now use extra tickets of a friend). I e-mailed my interest to a couple of people in charge, but they never responded. I would still be interested, if they would return my e-mail.

Lord-Mustang
09-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Direct contacts listed below for Stadium Club and Skyboxes.

Development:

Staduim Club:
Jim Marshall, Director 670-3683 jmars@troy.edu

Skybox:
Wes Allen, Sky Box Manager/Co-Director of Development 670-3689 whallen@troy.edu

Nice Trojan
09-05-2005, 07:22 AM
I would have liked to buy some stadium club seats as well. The thing that pisses me off is how empty they were. I kind of figured the attendance would be down due to the hurricane and gas situation, but not the stadium club folks. Come on, thats our bread and butter.

How can we find out about snagging some stadium club seats from those companies that buy 10 of them and use 2? Who does Troy donate those seats too?

Troy87
09-05-2005, 08:02 AM
I may be off here, but I would venture to say that the stadium club and the sky boxes are pretty close to capacity for most games.

I noticed the stadium club this weekend had a large number of people staying inside. A lot were watching other games on the big TVs and several were socializing.

In other words, what I saw a lot of this week was that not many people were watching the game on the field very much.

Overall though, I would say the Stadium Club was well attended this weekend (although I have seen it fuller) as were the boxes, with a few exceptions. The parking lot for the boxes was about 1/2 to 2/3 full.

However, this next weekend will be packed.

BMarkey
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
I have never seen the outdoor seating area of the stadium club close to packed, except for, maybe, the Missouri game, late. Even then, there were plenty of seats available.

Maybe the seat holders were upstairs or not there at all. Either way, it's a shame.

Even at Homecoming during the last two years, there were 10-20 empty seats directly around us at near the 45-yard line. Sometimes "squatters" get in and make themselves comfortable. No one questions them. The only security focuses on admission to the club level area.

BTW, I did e-mail the correct people asking about buying seats. I got no response and have up my quest.