PDA

View Full Version : Band Camp 2011

MusicMan
08-12-2011, 07:30 AM
As of last night's rehearsal, Pregame is on the field. It's getting closer to Football season!!!

troy4ever21
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
It's great to be back and the SOTS is geared up and better than ever! Only 22 more days, GO TROY!! :thumb:

JPSousa1898
08-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Blow sots!!!

TrojanWarrior418
08-13-2011, 03:54 AM
When is the final day of Band Camp? What is the theme this year? Songs?

troy4ever
08-13-2011, 06:10 AM
When is the final day of Band Camp? What is the theme this year? Songs?

They're doing a spy show this year. Last I heard they're playing "Secret Agent Man," "Soul Bossa Nova" (Austin Powers Theme Song), "James Bond" and a couple of other spy themed songs.

MusicMan
08-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Yep, Peter Gunn and Secret Agent Man are the opener, and boy, are they fast! The opener is on the field, and tomorrow night is technically the last "day" of camp, but today was the last full day. And if any of the Alumni that came and fed us tonight read this, I want to thank you so much. It does mean a lot to me as a current student to be supported by people who have been in my shoes.

JPSousa1898
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't speak for the whole SOTS Alumni Band, but it makes me very happy to see you guys actively carrying on the traditions of the SOTS and insisting that we remain one of the best college bands in the nation with your work ethic and commitment to excellence. That's the biggest compliment you guys can pay me and it makes me feel that you guys value the things we did when I was at Troy as a student. :bounce012:

troy4ever
08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Yep, Peter Gunn and Secret Agent Man are the opener, and boy, are they fast! The opener is on the field, and tomorrow night is technically the last "day" of camp, but today was the last full day. And if any of the Alumni that came and fed us tonight read this, I want to thank you so much. It does mean a lot to me as a current student to be supported by people who have been in my shoes.

Thank you for thanking us and continuing the legacy of class that the SOTS has always exhibited. I was one of the ones there helping to feed the band last night. It was such a joy to watch you guys in band camp last night. You're sounding great...just keep up the hard work and you guys will be amazing this year.

Blow SOTS!

TroyBear
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I mentioned this on the Mr. Ford a few years ago... and I don't care if he remembers :) I DO!

troy4ever21
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes sir! :thumb:

0t0fZeySNck

troy4ever21
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
And of course,
XhJa_GQdWXg

jgrimsley
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM

We want to thank you for the hard work and dedication you have for the Sound! To know that the opener was on the field in 24 hours-great accomplishment! Our cookout was just a small token of our gratification-we take pride knowing that the Sound tradition is still strong-and will remain so. We truly live vicariously through the SOTS!

When you graduate, MusicMan, I hope you join the Alumni Band Association, and continue to help the Sound.

MusicMan
08-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, and I plan on it. I was thinking of getting something like this set up at my old high school to where alums could pay a fee and get privileges and all that jazz, any suggestions you have for me?