PDA

View Full Version : Hey Middle...

Burn the Horse
07-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Are you guys ready to give up football yet...you're never going to beat us. :rollinglaugh:

suck it.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8OxVp4gdi3U/SAJpBaKB8TI/AAAAAAAAABE/vd3LvgP7xg0/s320/Flair%2Bwith%2Bdx-medium.jpg

JPSousa1898
07-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Never say never.... but I think it's safe to say that right now, we definitely have the upper hand on the Horsies of MUTS. :signs003:

Burn the Horse
07-07-2011, 07:10 AM
if the Sun Belt Conference was the Justice League, we would be Batman and Middle would be Robin...always playing second fiddle to us. :thumb:

TrojanArrow
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
So honest question when south gets into the conference next year will Middle Tenn still be our real rival in ten years? Especially if we keep improving facilities and wins getting a invite to C-USA during the conference shuffles.

MusicMan
07-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I think it's possible to have two rivals in that amount of time. We've beat Middle the past what, five six years?, but it'll run out eventually and they'll win and the rivalry will be reborn on both sides. If one team in a rivalry is lack luster for a few years, the rivalry grows old, but if that lack luster team beats the rival then it's like a brand new monster. I can see us being rivals with Middle, but I don't wanna give South the chance, I'd rather crush them every year and not honor them with the "rival" status

Hemi Man
07-07-2011, 12:16 PM
So honest question when south gets into the conference next year will Middle Tenn still be our real rival in ten years? Especially if we keep improving facilities and wins getting a invite to C-USA during the conference shuffles.

SoBama will be a natural rival.

MT is that little rich kid in the corner who's daddy keeps trying to buy his way into beating (Troy) the kid that works hard and does things the right way. Then when MT loses they blame APR exemptions, lower admission standards, Tony Franklin throwing the game, Dasher being rusty, and the Murfreesboro miracle curse. I wouldn't worry about moving to CUSA according to the Flying Blue Unicorn fans they will be moving up first because there are 2 million people in Nashville and MT draws .000000000000047% of those people to their games annually.

TrojanArrow
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM

MT is that little rich kid in the corner who's daddy keeps trying to buy his way into beating (Troy) the kid that works hard and does things the right way. Then when MT loses they blame APR exemptions, lower admission standards, Tony Franklin throwing the game, Dasher being rusty, and the Murfreesboro miracle curse. I wouldn't worry about moving to CUSA according to the Flying Blue Unicorn fans they will be moving up first because there are 2 million people in Nashville and MT draws .000000000000047% of those people to their games annually.

Yeah their location is irrelevant we have just as much of the Montgomery market as they do of the Nashville market. It's always going to be Vanderbilt, Tenn, then schools like Belmont and Tenn Tech getting a share of the pie. Then not to mention Memphis draws a share of the fans also. Troy on the other hand pretty much is established in Troy, Brundige, Enterprise, Dothan, and is a skip and a jump behind Auburn and Alabama in the state capital.

Burn the Horse
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Middle has market potential over us. give them that.

Hemi Man
07-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Middle has market potential over us. give them that.

If you have access to 2 million people and triple the student body of Troy and you average less than 200 more people per game that is not an advantage. That is an epic failure.

Burn the Horse
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
If you have access to 2 million people and triple the student body of Troy and you average less than 200 more people per game that is not an advantage. That is an epic failure.

i don't disagree with you, i'm simply pointing out that they have the Nashville market in their radius. that is larger than the Montgomery or Dothan markets. thus they have greater market potential, doesn't mean they can capitalize on it.

troy4ever
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM

I personally want a rivalry with South. Being so close to one another and being in the same conference...it has potential to be a VERY good rivalry.

Troy87
07-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Nope! :rolleyes04: Don't want a rivalry there. I want to squash them every year, and always let recruits from the Mobile area know that if they go there, they won't beat Troy.

Hemi Man
07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Z-v954dQOrs

CHughes1102
07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Z-v954dQOrs

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/bert_ultimate.gif

BDM88
07-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Z-v954dQOrs

OK But Where are the MT highlight against Troy? Oh Yeah There are none!

Burn the Horse
07-09-2011, 11:03 PM
my prediction for this coming season's Palladium Game:

Troy: 48
MUTS: 21

Suck it Middle.

Trojans1andAll
07-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Nope! Don't want a rivalry there. I want to squash them every year, and always let recruits from the Mobile area know that if they go there, they won't beat Troy.

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

JPSousa1898
07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

1andAll... YES

Btw... has anyone listened to the lyrics? It's a bunch of hidden Trojan smack. They must think we're stupid or something just because our main campus isn't bigger than theirs.

TrojanArrow
07-11-2011, 12:10 AM
1andAll... YES

Btw... has anyone listened to the lyrics? It's a bunch of hidden Trojan smack. They must think we're stupid or something just because our main campus isn't bigger than theirs.

Going to be fun beating them in the video game and at football this year!

Trueblue147
07-11-2011, 01:03 PM
My question for the Troy faithful is how bad will your board melt down be if we do beat you guys this year?

On a side note, this will be my first time down to Troy for a game. It's finally on Saturday which makes it much easier for travel.

Burn the Horse
07-11-2011, 01:13 PM
My question for the Troy faithful is how bad will your board melt down be if we do beat you guys this year?

On a side note, this will be my first time down to Troy for a game. It's finally on Saturday which makes it much easier for travel.

epic meltdown.

I hope you enjoy your trip. make sure to get your hotel room early because they tend to fill up fast.

Hemi Man
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Some will meltdown and call for the firing of coaches when MT finally does get a victory over Troy. However, I just can't see it happening this year. Your defense gives up touchdowns faster than Dasher can lose a hand of poker. Olive Oil at quarterback will probably not make it through the game. One shot from Kanorris will have the referee calling for a stoppage of play to remove fragments of the quarterback from the field. And, if you are still in it then you can count on Stockstill to punt on 4th and goal from the 9 so he can pin Troy deep and see if the defense can actually get a stop.

Burn the Horse
07-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Some will meltdown and call for the firing of coaches when MT finally does get a victory over Troy. However, I just can't see it happening this year. Your defense gives up touchdowns faster than Dasher can lose a hand of poker. Olive Oil at quarterback will probably not make it through the game. One shot from Kanorris will have the referee calling for a stoppage of play to remove fragments of the quarterback from the field. If all. And, if you are still in it then you can can't on Stockstill to punt on 4th and goal from the 9 so he can pin Troy deep and see if the defense can actually get a stop.

:rollinglaugh:

there are so many one-liners in this post. i nominate this for HOF consideration. rep points to you Hemi. :thumb:

Trueblue147
07-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Some will meltdown and call for the firing of coaches when MT finally does get a victory over Troy. However, I just can't see it happening this year. Your defense gives up touchdowns faster than Dasher can lose a hand of poker. Olive Oil at quarterback will probably not make it through the game. One shot from Kanorris will have the referee calling for a stoppage of play to remove fragments of the quarterback from the field. And, if you are still in it then you can count on Stockstill to punt on 4th and goal from the 9 so he can pin Troy deep and see if the defense can actually get a stop.

I agree with you. I don't see us beating you guys this year. We are inexperienced at too many positions. Logan Kilgore will be alright at QB. He played in four games last season and will have a few more under his belt this season before we play you guys. I am not concerned about his weight. He has put on a few pounds since last season and we do have an experienced offensive line to protect him. I think this game will be much closer than the last few.

Hemi Man
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm not really sure what this means.

RaiderDoug

ADMIN
Post #3592
Greeneville
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: north texas stadium Reply
Impressive stadium.

Teams like North Texas need to be good for the Sunbelt to thrive. They, along with us, ULL, WKU, are the 'Belt's premier programs.

IMHO - Troy, ULM, and ASU are in the middle of nowhere, have no market. FIU/FAU are too small fish in a massive pond.

Posted on 7/12 8:32 AM | IP: Logged

CHughes1102
07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Teams like North Texas need to be good for the Sunbelt to thrive. They, along with us, ULL, WKU, are the 'Belt's premier programs.

IMHO - Troy, ULM, and ASU are in the middle of nowhere, have no market. FIU/FAU are too small fish in a massive pond.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/disapoint/grand/disapoint_wtf_gif.gif

TroyFootball05
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm not really sure what this means.

RaiderDoug

ADMIN
Post #3592
Greeneville
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: north texas stadium Reply
Impressive stadium.

Posted on 7/12 8:32 AM | IP: Logged

Hah, I saw CHughes post and thought you wrote that, Hemi. I think Troy, MTSU, and Arkansas State are the premier teams in the league.

Burn the Horse
07-15-2011, 09:04 PM
ol' RaiderDoug is either making a joke or needs his head checked. :rollinglaugh:

TrojanArrow
07-16-2011, 02:42 PM
People don't realize there is no such thing as (A) market in the south. The whole state is a market if your team wins.

Burn the Horse
07-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Tuscaloosa isn't the biggest market ya know. :taunt003:

BDM88
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Tuscaloosa isn't the biggest market ya know. :taunt003:

But neither is Nashville...Er..Um...Murfreesboro or Knoxville. But I do know who is the dominant team in the SunBelt! Got 5 Middle? Looks in MTSU Trophy case NOPE!

Hemi Man
07-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Hah, I saw CHughes post and thought you wrote that, Hemi. I think Troy, MTSU, and Arkansas State are the premier teams in the league.

Come on you know me better than that.

Hemi Man
07-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I found these pictures to be very interesting...

Troy's trophy case.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/HemiMan399/IMG00093-20110503-1641.jpg

MTSU's trophy case.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kurqkkgbpW1qava2to1_500.jpg

TroyFootball05
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Come on you know me better than that.

I do, and that's why I was surprised. And then I read that you were quoting someone else. You're a good one hemi.

CHughes1102
07-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I do, and that's why I was surprised. And then I read that you were quoting someone else. You're a good one hemi.

That one was my mistake right there. Meant to put the username of the Middle guy as the person I was quoting and forgot.

Burn the Horse
07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
EBeYAnJLFQA

Hemi Man
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
EBeYAnJLFQA

This would be the celebration all over Murfreesboro if they ever beat us again.

Burn the Horse
07-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Hemi, I love you man. :rollinglaugh:

CHughes1102
07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Wait a second......

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r207/pigskinpals/MiddleTennessee.gif

+

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o226/69Lazarus/Cryx/GayunicornCostume.jpg

=

EBeYAnJLFQA

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/approval/grand/little_kid_approve_gif.gif

BTH take back the comment you made on your OP. FAST!!

Burn the Horse
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
LoL @ C.

here's an oldie but a goodie...

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/burnthehorse/1.jpg

trojanbrutha
07-18-2011, 11:55 AM
EBeYAnJLFQA

I've been looking for that clip to antagonize little middle fans for a while...thank you...thank you...thank you! :laughing021:

Announcer: "Did I really see that?" Classic!

Hemi Man
07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
And here is what the Nashville market is doing for our friends from MTSU. I mean after all they did get mentioned in an article by the Nashville Scene.

Our tale starts in Murfreesboro, on the field in Middle Tennessee State University's Floyd Stadium. It's fall, and the skies are grey, the Blue Raiders have just whiffed another game on the gridiron and the rain is starting to come down, cold and raw. It's a miserable day to be standing out in the open, exposed to the elements a miserable day for watching a miserable football team and a miserable day to catch an outdoor show. It's especially miserable if you're the kind of person who enjoys sipping an adult beverage while watching football and/or live music a dry campus on a rainy day makes it a bit tough to get in the spirit of things. But that sort of thing wasn't about to stop me from seeing one-half of Outkast, the single most important Southern hip-hop group of all time, just two blocks from my house.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/from-a-poorly-attended-concert-at-mtsu-to-a-blowout-set-at-bonnaroo-big-boi-remains-the-man/Content?oid=2568494

TroyFootball05
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
And here is what the Nashville market is doing for our friends from MTSU. I mean after all they did get mentioned in an article by the Nashville Scene.

Our tale starts in Murfreesboro, on the field in Middle Tennessee State University's Floyd Stadium. It's fall, and the skies are grey, the Blue Raiders have just whiffed another game on the gridiron and the rain is starting to come down, cold and raw. It's a miserable day to be standing out in the open, exposed to the elements a miserable day for watching a miserable football team and a miserable day to catch an outdoor show. It's especially miserable if you're the kind of person who enjoys sipping an adult beverage while watching football and/or live music a dry campus on a rainy day makes it a bit tough to get in the spirit of things. But that sort of thing wasn't about to stop me from seeing one-half of Outkast, the single most important Southern hip-hop group of all time, just two blocks from my house.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/from-a-poorly-attended-concert-at-mtsu-to-a-blowout-set-at-bonnaroo-big-boi-remains-the-man/Content?oid=2568494

"The Fail at Floyd" is what he calls his experience. I wonder if this 'the other side's' term for "The Miracle at Murfreesboro" ...

Hemi Man
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Here is an amusing thread. Seems as though the boys in blue can't find a picture of the Palladium. I'm not shocked. It has been a while since they actually saw it, other than on its way back to Troy.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=349&f=2388&t=7818351

Burn the Horse
08-25-2011, 07:31 PM
it has gotten pretty depressing over there in relation to the Palladium.

http://images.kaleidoscopeworld.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/R-MebQoKCsAAAG6PDGs1/warehouse.jpg?et=PFxgsnZi0wbPnYZiT2QORQ&nmid=