PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new "FACE"

Navarre Trojan
06-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Is it possible to put a "return to home page" on the message board page (all of the other links as well maybe) so that if we are reading/posting on the message board and want to go back to the chat area, we just 'click and seperate'?

Just curious 87/P-kid, I haven't had time to call and talk to you guys about the 'new look', but i really like it. Just wish it was a bit easier to get back to the Front Page.

moosicman
06-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Also, I was looking for a FB group for GTT.com. That may be good to start to widen the pages presence. I've met a few alumni who didn't know about the site.

Burn the Horse
06-24-2011, 10:44 PM
here is the link to the GTT.com facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=73104158350

moosicman
06-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Called myself doing a search. Twice even, to double check. Nothing came up. Odd. THANKS!

Mike Cunningham
06-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Is it possible to put a "return to home page" on the message board page (all of the other links as well maybe) so that if we are reading/posting on the message board and want to go back to the chat area, we just 'click and seperate'?

Just curious 87/P-kid, I haven't had time to call and talk to you guys about the 'new look', but i really like it. Just wish it was a bit easier to get back to the Front Page.

At the very bottom of the message board, there is a button that says "GoTroyTrojans.com Home Page".

Navarre Trojan
06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Mike, I see how you are!! You should have said, "hey Navarre, what are you, STUPID? Don't you look at the bottom of the page!!??"

Don't know where my brains/eyes were (and neither does anyone else on this board!!) but thanks for showing me the way, again!!!

troyaluminmichigan
06-26-2011, 06:46 AM
In all seriousness, while good natured needling is fun, and although I found the link at the bottom of the page (before any of these posts), I was thinking it would be nice for that link to be more prominent, at the top of the page, or to have a side bar that has the link that allows you to go straight to the main page or to the chat sessions. Just food for thought from a supportive user.

Mike Cunningham
06-26-2011, 10:09 AM
You're welcome Navarre.

Troy-Michigan: great points. Unfortunatly the UI for the message board is set by vBulletin. WHile there are some stylistic things that can be changed (the top banner for example) the placement of buttons and the layout of clickable items (forum headers and contact us buttons for example) are set by the manufacturer of the message board (vBulletin).

Trust me, Keith wants it easier for you to go to the home page. The home page he and his crew are setting up is where ALL your needs are (info, news, CHAT, etc).

troylightning
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
There may be a way you can change where the header image points too. Currently if you click on it takes you to the index page for the forum.

Mike Cunningham
06-27-2011, 08:41 AM
There may be a way you can change where the header image points too. Currently if you click on it takes you to the index page for the forum.

That's a good point. I bet you can change that to get back to homepage.

Keith and company will see this and make a decision.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Troy87
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
We are working on this issue, and it is a vBulletin issue. We have seen some hope that we can do some linking outside of the defaulted presets within the software. We'll get there!