PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Soccer

TexasTrojan
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Update me please :wave:

Is there ever any discussion concerning Troy soccer on this forum?

TrojanArrow
06-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Update me please :wave:

Is there ever any discussion concerning Troy soccer on this forum?

We have a soccer team?

Jk I highly doubt it though soccer isn't very popular in America let alone the south!

TexasTrojan
06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
We have a soccer team?

Jk I highly doubt it though soccer isn't very popular in America let alone the south!

Well just hoping I could get my football fix and soccer fix at the same forum. Life is unfair ... lol

TrojanArrow
06-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Well just hoping I could get my football fix and soccer fix at the same forum. Life is unfair ... lol

Well invite some soccer liking friends! I like soccer to but I have never had the benefit of being able to get attached to a decent team that I would watch.

TexasTrojan
08-09-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.troytrojans.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

TexasTrojan
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
well I guess I need to get my all access live event up and running. Sure hope that the all access is working better than last year and the announcers can talk about soccer without mentioning the new basketball arena every 2 min....:rollinglaugh:

TexasTrojan
08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
THREE DAYS:wave:

TexasTrojan
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Pioneers Picked First in SBC Women's Soccer Poll
Updated: 08/17/2011 15:50:09 (ET)
By Sun Belt Conference
Share |

Courtesy: School Files

NEW ORLEANS (SunBeltSports.org) - Denver is the preseason favorite to claim the 2011 Sun Belt Conference Women's Soccer Championship, according to a vote of the league's 12 head coaches.

The Pioneers, who will be bidding for their eighth overall soccer title, earned seven of the 12 possible first place coaches’ votes for a total of 139 points. DU won the regular season title in 2010 before dropping the SBC Tournament title match to Middle Tennessee on penalty kicks.

FIU, picked to finish second by the coaches with 121 points, received one first place vote. FIU's Chelsea Leiva was named the league's Preseason Player of the Year after a freshman campaign where she earned co-Freshman of the Year honors with Denver's Nicholette DiGiacomo.

The second-year player from Royal Palm Beach, Fla. finished 2010 as the Panthers leader in goals scored (10), points (22) and conference game-winners (5). She was third overall in the conference in goals scored after starting in all 21 games last season.

Middle Tennessee, the 2010 SBC Tournament Champion, was picked third by the coaches, garnering two first place votes. The Blue Raiders captured the first Sun Belt Tournament title in program history last fall, advancing to the NCAA Tournament.

This season the Blue Raiders hope to accomplish the feat again, this time on its home field, as MTSU hosts the 2011 SBC Soccer Tournament, November 2-5.

North Texas and WKU followed Middle Tennessee at Nos. 4 and 5 respectively. Troy came in at No. 6 in the poll. Both North Texas and Troy each earned a first place vote.

Florida Atlantic was ranked seventh, while Louisiana-Lafayette, UALR and Arkansas State came in at Nos. 8, 9 and 10. South Alabama was picked 11th and Louisiana-Monroe was picked 12th to complete the coaches poll.

In addition to the soccer poll, the SBC also released the Preseason All-Conference team.

Nine student-athletes that earned first- or second-team honors in 2010 are set to return this season, including reigning SBC Player of the Year Kaitlin Bast. Bast's teammate, DiGiacomo joins Bast on the Preseason All-Conference team.

The Pioneers led the way with four selections on the preseason team followed by WKU with three.

2011 SBC Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Preseason Poll
1. Denver (7) - 139 pts
2. FIU (1) - 121 pts
3. Middle Tennessee (2) - 115 pts
4. North Texas (1) - 112 pts
5. WKU - 95 pts
6. Troy (1) - 78 pts
7. Florida Atlantic - 63 pts
8. Louisiana-Lafayette - 60 pts
9. UALR - 51 pts
10. Arkansas State - 46 pts
11. South Alabama - 36 pts
12. Louisiana-Monroe - 20 pts

2011 Preseason All-SBC Soccer Team
Kaitlin Bast (Denver, Junior, F)
Chelsea Levia (FIU, Sophomore, F)
Mallory Outerbridge (WKU, RS-Senior, F)
Katy Van Lieshout (Denver, Junior, D)
Kelsey Hodges (North Texas, Senior, D)
Kaylyn Pratt (WKU, Senior, D)
Bria Beardsley (Denver, Senior, MF)
Nicholette DiGiacomo (Denver, Sophomore, MF)
Ellen Scarfone (North Texas, Junior, MF)
Melanie Raimo (FIU, Senior, GK)
Libby Stout (WKU, Senior, GK)

2011 Preseason All-SBC Soccer Player of the Year
Chelsea Levia (FIU, Sophomore, F)

TexasTrojan
08-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Montgomery, Ala. – The Troy (1-0) soccer team hit the pitch for the first time this season as they knocked off Alabama State (0-1) 5-0.

The Trojans entered the match looking to fill open roles left behind by former Trojans as well as build up game experience for incoming players.

“We were able to get a lot accomplished tonight,” said head coach Chris Bentley. “We got to see multiple players in different roles.”

Newcomers Alissa Jones and Chelsey Williams both made their presence known to the Trojan squad. Jones recorded an assist and two goals including the game winning goal in the fifth minute and Williams scored her first Trojan goal in the 29th minute.

Returning Junior Erin Cersley recorded her first career goal as well as an assist to Jones' on her second goal.

Sophomore Maddie Tieken netted her fourth collegiate goal off an assist by Junior Nikki Stamaris.

With the win, senior goalkeeper Ashley Branham secures her 18th career shutout, improving on an already held school career record.

The Trojans now lead the all time series with Alabama State 6-0.

“We have a long way to go, but this was a great starting point.” Bentley said.

The Trojan soccer squad will be back in action August 25th when they travel to Murray, Kentucky to take on Murray State.

TexasTrojan
09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
TROY, Ala. – The Trojan (1-2) soccer team will open up home play this Friday as they take on Nicholls State (1-1-1) in the first day of the Trojan Classic soccer tournament.
"We are really excited to be playing at home this week,” said head coach Chris Bentley. “Our facility is a great setting to host a tournament.”
Despite entering the tournament while coming off two consecutive losses the Trojans are ready to redeem themselves on their own pitch.
“Training has gone well this week and while we are coming off of a couple of losses, but we have shown a lot of improvement,” Bentley said.
The Trojans are also set to take on Alcorn State (0-1) in the second day of the tournament.
Nicholls State and Alcorn State both enter the tournament off of losses and we be looking for redemption in the tournament as well.
“Both Nicholls State and Alcorn State are going to present us with new challenges that will make us better for the conference season,” said Bentley.
Conference opponent South Alabama (3-1) will also be attending the Trojan Classic as they open the tournament against Alcorn State Friday at noon.
The Trojans are set to kick off against Nicholls State on Friday at 3 pm.
All games can be seen on TroyTrojans.com All-Access.
Follow Troy University Athletics on Twitter @TroyAthletics or become a fan on Facebook.

TexasTrojan
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
TROY, Ala. – Troy soccer prepares for a tough road match against Southeastern conference opponent Mississippi State in Starkville, Mississippi.

Troy (4-3) has momentum behind them as they come off of a determined come from behind performance to claim a 3-1 victory over Presbyterian College to claim second place in the Port City Classic.

With only two non-conference games remaining for the Trojan squad, they will be looking to build up even more momentum before they enter their tough conference action.

“This will be a great test for us,” said head coach Chris Bentley. “They are an SEC team with a lot of athleticism; it will be quality preparation for the conference season that's right around the corner."

Mississippi State (3-3-1) enters the match coming off of a tie to Southern Mississippi 0-0 after two overtimes. The Bulldogs have had success at home already this season as they are 2-0 in home matches, however their home success has not come easy as both home victories took extra minutes for the Bulldogs to claim.

Troy will look to improve on their road record as they are currently 2-3 on the road.

The Trojans kick off against the Bulldogs Friday at 7 pm in Starkville, Mississippi. Stays tuned to TroyTrojans.com for updates on all of your Troy Trojan teams.