PDA

View Full Version : Clemson vs Troy opener conversation

TrojanLB08
05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey everyone. This is my first thread on here. I was browsing the web and came across this link below. Its basically people talking smack about Troy playing Clemson this year as an opener. We all know how bad we want to beat them...i figured i would share it with y'all to get in the conversation as well. Links below (hope i did this right) Go Trojans!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/conversation?gameId=312460228

bigguyonright
05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
wow, sounds like some of the clemson homers are really upset about being told they might get upset. let them continue to give us no credit whatsoever, and when we go in there and hang 50 on them and walk away with a w they will respect us

TroyFootball05
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
wow, sounds like some of the clemson homers are really upset about being told they might get upset. let them continue to give us no credit whatsoever, and when we go in there and hang 50 on them and walk away with a w they will respect us

We say that every year. But for some reason, this one feels different. They ended the season blown out by an in state rival and a bowl loss, as well as a losing record. We had a three game win streak and a bowl demolishment of a team we "weren't supposed to beat." I'd say the momentum is on our side. This isn't the same team that played South Carolina, and Clemson will probably look at that blowout (as well as ULM and FIU losses) and underestimate us. This is also in Troy's favor. They'll look at our defense, and won't realise we've added a lot of key JUCO transfers: Brynden Trawick (S), Angelo Hadley (S), David Whitmore (CB), Xavian Evans (DE), Corey Johnson (WR), and Montrell Conner (RB). Some guys like Barry Valcin (S) will be back from injury to add to the fire.

It just feels different than most years.

catdaddy2402
05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Gametime set for 3:30 PM ESPN3
http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051111aab.html

sasquatch67
05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
We say that every year. But for some reason, this one feels different. They ended the season blown out by an in state rival and a bowl loss, as well as a losing record. We had a three game win streak and a bowl demolishment of a team we "weren't supposed to beat." I'd say the momentum is on our side. This isn't the same team that played South Carolina, and Clemson will probably look at that blowout (as well as ULM and FIU losses) and underestimate us. This is also in Troy's favor. They'll look at our defense, and won't realise we've added a lot of key JUCO transfers: Brynden Trawick (S), Angelo Hadley (S), David Whitmore (CB), Xavian Evans (DE), Corey Johnson (WR), and Montrell Conner (RB). Some guys like Barry Valcin (S) will be back from injury to add to the fire.

It just feels different than most years.

:thumb: Agreed!!! Dont let losing JJ wory yall!!! There is plenty to pick up his slack and a stable to boot. Not to mention that RObinson Youngin!! I expect big things from our D this yr!!

TrojanLB08
05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
What i like about these juco transfers we are bringing in is that they have ALOT of experience in they're position (which showed during spring).... i think this is going to be a positive for our performance this year, especially on defense...which like you said may be overlooked.

Burn the Horse
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm glad itll be on ESPN3. now we can watch our trouncing of them. :thumb:

BCTROJAN
05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Let them believe what they want to believe. They see it as an automatic win for the home team. At the worst, this is a money game for us. We have nothing to loose.

I kind of see this game as redemption for our last trip to the state of SC and think our guys will really be up. I do believe this year's Troy team will have possibly the best potential ever. Yeah, JJ will be missed but there are some fine athletes to fill the void on the O. Our defensive secondary has to show up to have a chance. I'll be there and believe we'll all walk out with our heads high.

trojanbrutha
05-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome TrojanLB08...I post on ESPN sometimes and I've just posted on that thread again...It was kinda slow, but is picking up some. Let's try to keep these interesting threads going because it seems like forever until the season starts!

redwaver
05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Welcome TrojanLB08...I post on ESPN sometimes and I've just posted on that thread again...It was kinda slow, but is picking up some. Let's try to keep these interesting threads going because it seems like forever until the season starts!
Hey guys, just got this inquiry from Scouts and I do not care to apply for their request but thought some of you out there might find the request interesting and right down your publishing portfolio. Good luck, we need a great Troy rep. speaking up for Troy.

ear ghostrider3141@bellsouth.net (trojan3141),

Scout.com is planning to broaden its coverage and re-launch this site as part of our college network in the coming months.

With that, we are currently looking for a publisher for our Troy site.

This position is perfectly suited for someone who loves covering sports, and in particular, Troy athletics. In addition, hundreds of people make their living or have a second income by covering their local universities or professional teams on the internet.

If you are interested, please email us at info@scout.com. Tell us a bit about yourself, and why you may be the perfect fit to be the publisher of Scout's Troy Site.

If you know of any good Troy sites on the internet currently please feel free to let us know as well.

Scout hopes to install a new publisher and re-launch this site soon.

Thank you,
Scout.com

TrojanLB08
05-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Thanks Trojanbrutha....i have to agree, it does seem like forever until the season kicks off. I will admit tho, i am pretty pumped and anxious for a great football season and to see what Troy brings to the table. I think we got alot going for us.

MusicMan
05-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, just got this inquiry from Scouts and I do not care to apply for their request but thought some of you out there might find the request interesting and right down your publishing portfolio. Good luck, we need a great Troy rep. speaking up for Troy.

ear ghostrider3141@bellsouth.net (trojan3141),

Scout.com is planning to broaden its coverage and re-launch this site as part of our college network in the coming months.

With that, we are currently looking for a publisher for our Troy site.

This position is perfectly suited for someone who loves covering sports, and in particular, Troy athletics. In addition, hundreds of people make their living or have a second income by covering their local universities or professional teams on the internet.

If you are interested, please email us at info@scout.com. Tell us a bit about yourself, and why you may be the perfect fit to be the publisher of Scout's Troy Site.

If you know of any good Troy sites on the internet currently please feel free to let us know as well.

Scout hopes to install a new publisher and re-launch this site soon.

Thank you,
Scout.com

Hmm..this may be something for a broke college student to check out, especially one in the band that has to go to most of the games haha

TrojanLB08
05-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Hmm..this may be something for a broke college student to check out, especially one in the band that has to go to most of the games haha

I hear ya on that....might be good experience for my SFM degree. lol.

MusicMan
05-11-2011, 09:11 PM
haha who better to cover it than a student? We get in free to all of the home games, and if they wanna pay the travel costs, that's free travel for us to haha

TrojanLB08
05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
yeah, that would be something...the only downfall for me is having the time to do it all. My schedule is jammed pack next fall. It was a good thought though. lol.

Hemi Man
05-12-2011, 07:33 AM

There isn't going to be very much money involved in it. Certainly not in the beginning anyway. The money will come when the subscriptions start coming in. People aren't going to subscribe to a pay site for the information they can get on TroyTrojans.com. The selling point on these kind of sites is the latest in recruiting information. Interviews with signees, write ups on players interested in the program, and anything else going on within the program.

MusicMan
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
There isn't going to be very much money involved in it. Certainly not in the beginning anyway. The money will come when the subscriptions start coming in. People aren't going to subscribe to a pay site for the information they can get on TroyTrojans.com. The selling point on these kind of sites is the latest in recruiting information. Interviews with signees, write ups on players interested in the program, and anything else going on within the program.

You're right Hemi, but it would still be nice to at least have the income. Besides, it sounds like they want Drew, he does all that anyway

trojanbrutha
05-12-2011, 11:21 AM
You're right Hemi, but it would still be nice to at least have the income. Besides, it sounds like they want Drew, he does all that anyway

True, but he gets paid to do it for the Dothan Eagle...and we get ALL that stuff for free! :thumb:

Thank you Drew and the Dothan Eagle!

Hemi Man
05-12-2011, 11:43 AM
True, but he gets paid to do it for the Dothan Eagle...and we get ALL that stuff for free! :thumb:

Thank you Drew and the Dothan Eagle!

Which would put whoever is doing it for Scout in direct competition with Drew. The upside to a site like Scout or Rivals is the publicity for the university and the players. There aren't very many schools out there that don't have an active site with one or the other anymore. I would think with Scout wanting to refresh their Troy site, there must be some demand for it.

trojanbrutha
05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Which would put whoever is doing it for Scout in direct competition with Drew. The upside to a site like Scout or Rivals is the publicity for the university and the players. There aren't very many schools out there that don't have an active site with one or the other anymore. I would think with Scout wanting to refresh their Troy site, there must be some demand for it.

I agree...there are more, higher-rated recruits coming in lately and it could be driving the bus, so to speak...

MusicMan
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with both of you, maybe Drew should do double duty

TroyTrojans2003
05-13-2011, 07:54 AM
I remain optimistic about the game. I have always been a die hard Trojan fan and always will. I, like many others, get super excited about the season every year and there is the first game that we always think we can win. I hope we can finally prove after 11 years of being in I-A football we can knock out an out of conference foe on the road for the first game. Sad thing for me, is I cant watch it on channelsurfing.net like the rest of us had. And down here, the cable company (Time Warner) does not offer ESPN 3. I have direct TV, so I hope it will be on there. As always...GO TROY!

Harry Baker
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
It appears that noone will be watching anything on channelsurfing.net any more - I just went there after reading one of the above and it says it has been seized by ICE Homeland Security.
Dammit, just when I decide to try something out.........

OwlFamily
05-13-2011, 11:50 AM

A few FAU fans recieved one similar to this as well for the FAU scout site. It looks like SCOUT may be wanting to increase there coverage of all the 'Belt teams perhaps?

I wonder if any of the others schools that do not have active SCOUT sites got repsonses as well?

Happy off season! :thumb:

bigguyonright
05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
It appears that noone will be watching anything on channelsurfing.net any more - I just went there after reading one of the above and it says it has been seized by ICE Homeland Security.
Dammit, just when I decide to try something out.........

the website formerly known as channelsurfing.net is now operating as channelsurfing.ws, it was changed to channelsurf.eu after the seizure but interpol seized that site. but channelsurfing.ws works well for me

Harry Baker
05-16-2011, 06:20 AM
the website formerly known as channelsurfing.net is now operating as channelsurfing.ws, it was changed to channelsurf.eu after the seizure but interpol seized that site. but channelsurfing.ws works well for me

Thanx for the heads up...I will try that in a sort while.

bigguyonright
05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
scroll down the page and click the different links for the different sports to view other programs besides the majors listed at the top of the page. we can thank roger goddell for channelsurfing.net being taken down, he had the feds shut it down for the superbowl

TrojanLB08
05-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Just something i threw together for fun. Check it out!

trojanbrutha
05-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Just something i threw together for fun. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njc_5Sbc8CU&feature=feedwll

Makes me wanna "hit" somebody! I like that 08...:thumb:

TrojanLB08
05-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks brutha! I had to take it off to make some changes to it!

TrojanLB08
05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I just thought this was pretty funny...a couple Clemson fans giving there predictions for the game.....
"Now I know we have over 4 months before the season starts, but why not get the discussion started early? I think the offense will look decent, but not good. It will be the teams first game under Morris' new spread no-huddle system. I see us putting up 45 points on the Trojans. On the defensive side, even though a few key players were lost, Steele will keep them where they left off last year. Troy scores 17 because it takes the defense almost 2 quarters to start really playing. So, 45-17. Everyone's predictions?"

"I say 56-3. I have high hopes for the boys this year"

If the score is literally that bad under a coach who is just starting to run the spread which we run and our Defense is pretty familar with then God knows what the rest of the season will be like. lol.

Discophobia
05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I feel so good about this game for the Trojans I have already invited some friends of mine that are Clemson fans over to watch or listen to the game. I can understand their thinking, the only thing they know of us is that South Carolina has smacked us around like a Jr high team a couple of times. Let them keep remembering that. We have some deep talent this year and I feel really good about our offense and finally I think our defense will be back to where it should be. This game could be a big start for a big season for TROY!!

Troy79
05-23-2011, 12:35 PM
I just thought this was pretty funny...a couple Clemson fans giving there predictions for the game.....
"Now I know we have over 4 months before the season starts, but why not get the discussion started early? I think the offense will look decent, but not good. It will be the teams first game under Morris' new spread no-huddle system. I see us putting up 45 points on the Trojans. On the defensive side, even though a few key players were lost, Steele will keep them where they left off last year. Troy scores 17 because it takes the defense almost 2 quarters to start really playing. So, 45-17. Everyone's predictions?"

"I say 56-3. I have high hopes for the boys this year"

If the score is literally that bad under a coach who is just starting to run the spread which we run and our Defense is pretty familar with then God knows what the rest of the season will be like. lol.

TrojanLB08, I like the prediction you quoted from the CLEMSON fan that said: "I say 56-3. I have high hopes for the boys this year", I think it will be more like '55' as in Troy is going to open a 55 gallon drum of 'you know what' on those Tigers Labor Day weekend!
We're about down to double digit days before the season kicks off. Lets all enjoy the ride with the Baseball team and then get ready for some smash mouth in September!
Go TROY!

Burn the Horse
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm thinking this game will be close. We aren't going to blow them out, but I don't expect us to get blown out either. We will have to play a great game, but if we do we can take this one.

I'm not going to make any kind of prediction other than we have a fair shot at winning this one.

redwaver
05-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know the story on David Whitmore? Heard he might be coming to Troy. Is that a fact or rumor? If so, what is his info?

TroyFootball05
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know the story on David Whitmore? Heard he might be coming to Troy. Is that a fact or rumor? If so, what is his info?

Funny that you ask, as I just asked Drew this very question two hours ago. Here's his response:

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/05/back-from-mobile-links-video-thoughts.html#comments

redwaver
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Funny that you ask, as I just asked Drew this very question two hours ago. Here's his response:

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/05/back-from-mobile-links-video-thoughts.html#comments
Where cn we go to get the "skinny" on this kid?

TrojanLB08
05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
TrojanLB08, I like the prediction you quoted from the CLEMSON fan that said: "I say 56-3. I have high hopes for the boys this year", I think it will be more like '55' as in Troy is going to open a 55 gallon drum of 'you know what' on those Tigers Labor Day weekend!
We're about down to double digit days before the season kicks off. Lets all enjoy the ride with the Baseball team and then get ready for some smash mouth in September!
Go TROY!

I just find it somewhat amusing that fans of teams that we don't often play assume that just because were in the sunbelt conference that were going to suck. Basically they judge before they know. Are offense was ranked higher last year far beyond Clemsons in Rushing, Passing and points for. We have a Coach something they also don't have. They are just starting to run the spread...something that Troy pretty much "per-fects" and our Defense is also familar with which gives us an advantage. I think we have a good advantage against Clemson...are we going to win? We will see. Im anxious to see what happens. In the mean time, im proud of the baseball team for a great season! Go Trojans!

noogatiger16
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Hello,
Clemson Fan here, really looking forward to hosting y'all in a few months. I've read through this topic, and I'd like to apologize for any unsavory fans you may have encountered, we have our share. A heads up, we have a problem with USCe fans posting sometimes under Clemson sounding names to portray a bad light. We do, however have a select number of fans that take things a bit far, or out of left field altogether, as everybody else does. As for me, I am looking forward to our game, your team has a history of being very competitive, no matter who the opponent. I'd like to think we will win, as I would expect you all to believe that you will win. Because of that, I'll respectfully bow out of any predictions. I have a tailgate close to the stadium(Lot 6 if you want to look it up), and will have plenty of food and beverages, and a warm welcome to any visitors. I'll be glad in the meantime to offer any advice that you may need or find helpful if making the trip to Clemson.
Looking forward to meeting some Trojans,
NoogaTiger

Burn the Horse
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello,
Clemson Fan here, really looking forward to hosting y'all in a few months. I've read through this topic, and I'd like to apologize for any unsavory fans you may have encountered, we have our share. A heads up, we have a problem with USCe fans posting sometimes under Clemson sounding names to portray a bad light. We do, however have a select number of fans that take things a bit far, or out of left field altogether, as everybody else does. As for me, I am looking forward to our game, your team has a history of being very competitive, no matter who the opponent. I'd like to think we will win, as I would expect you all to believe that you will win. Because of that, I'll respectfully bow out of any predictions. I have a tailgate close to the stadium(Lot 6 if you want to look it up), and will have plenty of food and beverages, and a warm welcome to any visitors. I'll be glad in the meantime to offer any advice that you may need or find helpful if making the trip to Clemson.
Looking forward to meeting some Trojans,
NoogaTiger

Glad to have you on board partner. Welcome to GTT.com.

Here's a question for you. What is the best way to beat your Tigers? :thumb:

socrgoly25
05-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Glad to have you on board partner. Welcome to GTT.com.

Here's a question for you. What is the best way to beat your Tigers? :thumb:

Score more points than they do?

Burn the Horse
05-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Score more points than they do?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rELR4F15yRY/SinxATb0FCI/AAAAAAAAAq8/8bFPau36UT8/s400/laughing.bmp

TrojanLB08
05-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Just found this browsing.

http://www.seldomusedreserve.com/?p=225

TrojanArrow
06-07-2011, 01:10 AM
We greatly benefit from this being their first game of the season their offense won't be the most pretty girl in the room. Especially the passing game.

However, Clemson with good coaching can have a nasty defense. And their Tight Ends and starting Center are absolute beast. To win this game were going to have to come up big in the passing game and the blitz is going to have to be effective.

J Massaquoi our star end is also going to have to come up big in the pass rush.

DedicatedTrojan84
06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
J Massaquoi our star end is also going to have to come up big in the pass rush.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/28/whyyesyesin128511642025781250.jpg

pelliott
06-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Troy 45
Clemson 38

Burn the Horse
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM
we're going to kill Clemson. Clemson has no chance against TROY, we will beat them so badly their mommas will put on Gamecock apparel. Tiger meat, tiger meat, woop 'em Troy go!

maybe i'll show up on their board now. :thumb:

JPSousa1898
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Whup clemson! Whup the cocks too! Both of em! :-d

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
are yall retarded? You seriously think that yall r gonna come into death valley and actually beat a REAL FBS team??? You guys have lost every single one of your receivers??? How dumb r yall?

And seriously, yall live in alabama, and instead of cheering for a real team like Bama or Auburn, you cheer for TROY?? BAHAHAHA!! Seriously? Sounds like a bunch of winners to me, NOT.

Enjoy your million dollar payment, because money is the only thing youre gonna be walking out of death valley with.

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 09:57 AM
are yall retarded? You seriously think that yall r gonna come into death valley and actually beat a REAL FBS team??? You guys have lost every single one of your receivers??? How dumb r yall?

And seriously, yall live in alabama, and instead of cheering for a real team like Bama or Auburn, you cheer for TROY?? BAHAHAHA!! Seriously? Sounds like a bunch of winners to me, NOT.

Enjoy your million dollar payment, because money is the only thing youre gonna be walking out of death valley with.

You are right we don't stand a chance. Since we don't there is no need in you attending the game. Can I have your tickets and parking pass since it won't even be close. You could save that gas money and donate it to buy all those recruits that you are buying from under other teams noses.

Navarre Trojan
07-01-2011, 10:02 AM

I see that the English courses taught at Clemson University appear to be on par with the rest of the population in Northern South Carolina, just above the 2nd grade level, or were you talking through your toothless mouth? (or is that toofless? teefless?)

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
07-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Yep. Just because we happen to sign good recruits like everybody else means that were buying them. Little ol' Dabo Swinney is a scandalous mofo, he better be careful with the current NCAA investigation hes in. OH WAIT, there isn't one. Because Clemson doesn't cheat like yall's mommy & daddy (auburn & alabama) does.

They come to Clemson for the beautiful college campus & college town by the lake. They come to Clemson for the family atmosphere. And they come to Clemson because they can see what Dabo is building is going to be something special. Keep cheering for your division 2 team. BAHAHAHA

Navarre Trojan
07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Yep. Just because we happen to sign good recruits like everybody else means that were buying them. Little ol' Dabo Swinney is a scandalous mofo, he better be careful with the current NCAA investigation hes in. OH WAIT, there isn't one. Because Clemson doesn't cheat like yall's mommy & daddy (auburn & alabama) does.

They come to Clemson for the beautiful college campus & college town by the lake. They come to Clemson for the family atmosphere. And they come to Clemson because they can see what Dabo is building is going to be something special. Keep cheering for your division 2 team. BAHAHAHA

and the English Curriculum - no doubt! Ewe haul mush bea won of dem deer institutioins of high learnin!!!!!!

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
07-01-2011, 10:33 AM
What seems to be wrong with my "English"? Because i used the word "y'all"?? You mean to tell me you guys are the most proper speaking people in all of America down there in Alabama, the inbred capital of the world? LMAO. So "yall" isn't in an Alabamian's dictionary? Give me a break.

I think people from Alabama can think of something better than to call out someone for using the word "yall".

Just keep cheering on your loser division 2 team & keep dreaming of that huge BCS AQ Conference win that you dream of every single year.

But quit talking **** about the team that is going to own you come september :)

TexasTrojan
07-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Please Clemson says the Good recruit this every year and every year it always wait till next year. Oh and now it Dabo gonna build something special ...LMAO. Enjoy your nice campus and your college town ... get used to average season for an average university.

2010 6 - 6 Lost to USF in the Mienike Bowl
BAHAHAHA

I do remember everyone talking how Tommy Bowden was going to save the great Clemson Tigers

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 10:49 AM
What seems to be wrong with my "English"? Because i used the word "y'all"?? You mean to tell me you guys are the most proper speaking people in all of America down there in Alabama, the inbred capital of the world? LMAO. So "yall" isn't in an Alabamian's dictionary? Give me a break.

I think people from Alabama can think of something better than to call out someone for using the word "yall".

Just keep cheering on your loser division 2 team & keep dreaming of that huge BCS AQ Conference win that you dream of every single year.

Someone is a little insecure this morning. The babysitter must be asleep on the couch. You be careful junior.

TexasTrojan
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Didnt we see that non BCS win in the Rose Bowl

TrojanWarrior418
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
It's July and we have our first troll of the year. Guess word about Troy and GTT.com is getting out there.

trojanbrutha
07-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Oh, you're talking about Arkansas, right? :thumb:

Navarre Trojan
07-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Someone is a little insecure this morning. The babysitter must be asleep on the couch. You be careful junior.

Easy there poor little fellow, getting all upset because you don't know how to use the "shift key" or capitalize a proper noun (not sure you know what constitutes a noun is) or how to punctuate slang.

You come on this board with a 2010 record of 6-7 with wins over power houses N. Texas and Presbyterian College and you want to talk smack about Troy?

Burn the Horse
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
personally I think this guy is hilarious. he comes up with an antagonistic username and proceeds to bash our University and football team using poor grammar.

hey big fella, if you are so confident in an easy victory perhaps you should take your weak :censored: smack to a board that is more "worthy" of such talk. We simple Trojan fans just don't care what you have to say.

Just remember, the last time you played a team from Alabama your Tigers came up short. :rolleyes:

Burn the Horse
07-01-2011, 12:35 PM
You are right we don't stand a chance. Since we don't there is no need in you attending the game. Can I have your tickets and parking pass since it won't even be close. You could save that gas money and donate it to buy all those recruits that you are buying from under other teams noses.

Hemi,

chances are this "gentleman" doesn't even have tickets, let alone a parking pass. He is probably like most big school fans...just picked a team early on for no affiliation reason.

To belittle someone you don't know because you think they are inferior in some way to you is as old as the playground bully in grade school. But be careful big bad bully, because sometimes the object of your ridicule knows karate, and puts the smack down on your laim butt infront of everyone.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/17/gal_kk_the-crane.jpg

Troy79
07-01-2011, 12:44 PM

heay 'Clemsongonnawhipyallsass', aint chew gonna hate 2 tel ya mamma dat a d-2 scho opined up a kan of whupass in deff vallie on ya tigerz?

Let the games begin!
Go TROY!!!

redwaver
07-01-2011, 12:49 PM

And you are a product of that environment?

CHughes1102
07-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh look a Clemson fan.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/haters_gonna_hate_mc_mahon_gif.gif

Oh and you need to flip your username around when we turn "Death" valley into "Crying" valley when all your fans will be leaving crying....including you.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/deal%20with%20it/grand/jim_carrey_deal_with_it.gif

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 04:51 PM

I see Clemson did make the ESPN top 10.

http://sportstalkgolive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mike-bellamy-cash-179x300.jpg

9. Clemson -- In early June, Tigers recruit Mike Bellamy posted a picture on Facebook of himself posing with a huge wad of $100 bills. Hmm. Peculiar. He later claimed it was a joke. But most high school students don't have access to piles of $100 bills, even for joking purposes. And this came three years after Clemson recruit Kenneth Page put a photo on MySpace -- remember that (I mean MySpace, not the photo)? -- of himself holding a stack of cash. So either Clemson is paying its top recruits or it is recruiting players who have had wildly successful paper routes and/or lemonade stand businesses.

How they could have improved their ranking: By having recruits tweet pictures of themselves holding cash. Come on, Facebook? If you want something to go viral, Twitter is the way. Someone better check out Friendster to see if Clemson recruits are putting incriminating photos on there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo-110630_college_scandal_ranking&sportCat=ncf

Burn the Horse
07-01-2011, 04:58 PM
AQ fans are all the same.

"Oh my team is better than your team because we play in this Conference. Our fans care more and matter more for the same reason. Your team sucks and none of you matter because you play in the Sun Belt." :rolleyes:

Burn the Horse
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM

http://sportstalkgolive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mike-bellamy-cash-179x300.jpg

9. Clemson -- In early June, Tigers recruit Mike Bellamy posted a picture on Facebook of himself posing with a huge wad of $100 bills. Hmm. Peculiar. He later claimed it was a joke. But most high school students don't have access to piles of $100 bills, even for joking purposes. And this came three years after Clemson recruit Kenneth Page put a photo on MySpace -- remember that (I mean MySpace, not the photo)? -- of himself holding a stack of cash. So either Clemson is paying its top recruits or it is recruiting players who have had wildly successful paper routes and/or lemonade stand businesses.

How they could have improved their ranking: By having recruits tweet pictures of themselves holding cash. Come on, Facebook? If you want something to go viral, Twitter is the way. Someone better check out Friendster to see if Clemson recruits are putting incriminating photos on there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo-110630_college_scandal_ranking&sportCat=ncf

You would think they would be a better team considering all the money they allegedly dole out to recruits. :rolleyes:

ArmyTrojan10
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I see that the English courses taught at Clemson University appear to be on par with the rest of the population in Northern South Carolina, just above the 2nd grade level, or were you talking through your toothless mouth? (or is that toofless? teefless?)

Alabama really doesn't have any room to talk....ya'll are more southern than us and I'm sure ya'll have more rednecks than us plus I'm sure the mullet population is outrageous down there.:jester:

CHughes1102
07-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Alabama really doesn't have any room to talk....ya'll are more southern than us and I'm sure ya'll have more rednecks than us plus I'm sure the mullet population is outrageous down there.:jester:

Clemson: South Carolina

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4079/211593082neqg3.jpg

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I guess Clemson isn't as big time as some people would like for you to believe.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/jenniferlloyd1103/1310389543_l.jpg

Hemi Man
07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/474/sirrine20checklgwh4ia1.jpg

ArmyTrojan10
07-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Navarre Trojan
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Aren't you the guy that went to Troy but are a die hard Clemson fan?

Not starting anything AT ALL, just wanted to make sure I had that correct?

BTW - Happy 4th of July and Thank YOU (and others like your) for your service. I did my time, and I, for one, am glad your doing yours to make sure we are able to do th ings like TALK SMACK about college football without any fear of government intervention

Keep up the good stuff!

Go TROJANS!!

BCTROJAN
07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/SKMlCqcAMpI/AAAAAAAAQqc/LAij1rUIi9k/s400/1clemson.jpg

Found his facebook profile picture

pelliott
07-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I like Clemson - neat school I think. While I like them, I like beating them also and we are gonna beat them.

I just hope our guys are pumped - they can do it - and I will be there when IT happens.

See you there!

JPSousa1898
07-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Hold that Tiger! WHUP CLEMSON!

Mr.E_205_Legion
07-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Yep. Just because we happen to sign good recruits like everybody else means that were buying them. Little ol' Dabo Swinney better be careful with the current NCAA investigation hes in. OH WAIT, there isn't one. They come to Clemson because they can see what Dabo is building is going to be something special. Keep cheering for your division 2 team. BAHAHAHA

Are the Members of The 205 Legion the only ones that find some of the comments made by our recent troll funny? He needs to ask his hero, Dabo, where does he go when he goes home? Can we say in unision SWEET HOME ALABAMA!

Same topic, different thought - we drove across the entire state of South Carolina yesterday and count them, TWO Clemson fans were ALL that we saw who were proud enough of their team to show it on their car (license plate, license plate frame, or decal). We saw more Wiley Sanders trucks in South Carolina than Clemson fans :wave:

We will see you in Clemson on the first Saturday of September !!!

Hemi Man
07-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Here is the brains behind the creation of Clemsonsgonnawhipyallsass name. You have to be a registered member to view the threads.

[/URL][url]http://www.tigernet.com/ (http://www.tigernet.com/)

The folks over at the Troy message board seem...
Replies: 34 Last Post: Jul 2, 2011 9:08 AM by: sgt tiger

Back to [ Tiger Board(s) - Tiger Football ]
Watch this Topic
Search Forum

ArmyRanger28
Know-it-all [2174 pts]
Lyman, SC

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 575
TigerPulse: 71%

their mods dont approve usernames over there, so you can mak [2]
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 10:47 AM Reply

e usernames like "clemsonsgonnawhipyallsass" hahaha

noogatiger16
07-02-2011, 05:05 PM
A couple of things I'd like to say here.
We all have fans like the guy who's trolling, I apologize for him.
Hemi, that's a pretty good fark you've got there with the check.
We do hope as many of you come as can and have a good time.
I guarantee our team won't take Troy lightly, as they know better.
Any gameday, travel, or stadium questions I'll be glad to answer as best I can.
Looking forward to seeing you on gameday,
NoogaTiger

Hemi Man
07-02-2011, 05:23 PM
NoogaTiger

No need to apologize. I personally enjoy a little smack talk. As for the picture I lifted it from a South Carolina message board. I am planning on coming up for the game. We will be staying in Greenville. Is there any where that is a must see while at Clemson? Any restaurants you would recommend? What about parking?

moosicman
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
NoogaTiger

'Er ya go! I like class! :thumb:

This makes me enjoy the game 100X the amount of all the prepubescent yaa-yaaing back and forth. Good on you and may the best team on that day win!:wave:

Navarre Trojan
07-02-2011, 06:10 PM
NoogaTiger

Absolutely agree! Wish I could be there, timing is just all wrong! Having said that, I'm still hoping that the Clemson fan that I called out on the Tiger board 'mans up' and takes my offer, after saying that Clemson would win by 35, I asked if I could get a $1000 on that. So far, no response! Looks like it's and 'hat and cattle' thing:rollinglaugh:

noogatiger16
07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Restaurants, if you're staying in Greenville, my favorite there is a place called Saskatoon, it's a Northwest Camp Style fish and wild game place, a little pricey though. Greenville does have a nice downtown atmosphere with a group of bars within walking distance of each other. Clemson has a great downtown atmosphere with all bars within walking distance also, but it'd be dificult getting back to Greenville afterwards. Be sure to hit the Esso Club in Clemson (best on Gameday), Tiger Town Tavern, and TD's. Parking on Gameday I would suggest going to the YMCA, you can google map it, it's right across the lake from the stadium, I think it's like $10/car, there's plenty of room to tailgate there, and there's a shuttle that'll take you to within a 1/10th of a mile from the stadium. The only problem with the Y is the line to get on the shuttles back after the game, however, I would suggest this as a good time to hit the Esso, as it's close to the shuttle pick up, and let the line die down. Also, as this is the first game of the year, we have our annual "First Friday Parade", if you have kids and will be in town Friday afternoon, the kids may enjoy that.

Hemi Man
07-03-2011, 09:01 PM
kigg jr
Enthusiast [99 pts]

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 72
TigerPulse: 72%

2011 Predictions [1]
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 7:53 PM Reply

O-MVP: Andre. E
D-MVP: Andre. B

Troy: W 52-17 A good 'ole fashion drubbing to kick off season
Wofford: W 59-13 Even easier victory as the Tigers coast.
Auburn: W 27-20 In arematch of the best game from last year, Boyd leads a last minute drive, capped with a Hopkins TD.
FSU: W 17-13 The Seminoles make a field goal late, but then can't recover the onside kick necessary to give them a chance at the win.
VT: L 35-20 The tigers can't shake their woes against the Hokies as they put on the brakes late to make it look more respectable.
BC: W 38-24 The Tigers improve to 3-1 in the past four years as Boston College fails on a late- rally attempt.
TERPS: W 28-12 Tigers have no trouble improving to 6-1 on the year.
UNC: W 24-13 The Tigers make up for the flag fest in last years game with a relatively easy victory.
GT: L 27-24 Yellow Jackets comeback from 24-21 with two field goals, including the game-winner as time expires.
Wake Forest: W 45-20 Tigers crush the Deacons at home in front of a crowd of 75 k.
NC State: W 35-13 Tigers continue their dominance over the pack in the past decade.
South Carolina: W 45-24 Tigers come out and shock the fans at Williams Bryce who are heading into the SEC Championship and fail to make it three straight against the tigers. By the fourth Quarter only 20K are left at the stadium.
Guesses For ACC Championship and Bowl.
Clemson vs. VT: W 38-35 In a repeat of the regular season matchup, the Hokies slide out to a 21-10 halftime lead, but Dabo rouses the troop to bring home a championship for the first time since 1991.
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. PITT L 30-21 The Tigers come out with their hearts on fire, but a fired up Pitt team comes on to the field and takes over, leaving the Tigers shocked.
AP Final Ranking: 13

Trojans1andAll
07-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Also, as this is the first game of the year, we have our annual "First Friday Parade", if you have kids and will be in town Friday afternoon, the kids may enjoy that.

Now that sounds like a good idea to steal!

TrojanWarrior418
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Wish I could make it up, sounds like a fun time. I haven't felt so good about our chances in season opener against a big team in quite sometime. If our defense and secondary can hold we'll make a ballgame out of this. And if our offense finds a rythum then we'll be down right dangerous.

noogatiger16
07-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Now that sounds like a good idea to steal!

My childhood memories of this are priceless
Go ahead and steal it, LSU has already stolen the name Death Valley, and just last year Gene Chizik stole the "All In"(and even wrote a book by the name).

Another thing you will enjoy while visiting is how welcome you will be in town and at any tailgates/events you stumble upon.

Sherrill Busby
07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
My childhood memories of this are priceless
Go ahead and steal it, LSU has already stolen the name Death Valley, and just last year Gene Chizik stole the "All In"(and even wrote a book by the name).

Another thing you will enjoy while visiting is how welcome you will be in town and at any tailgates/events you stumble upon.

If your Death Valley is as over-rated as the other Death Valley, then TMTDM shouldn't have a problem being competitive and don't worry about Allbarn, they will be trying to copy TMTDM wins in about 3-4 years after the NCAA/FBI take care of them ...speaking of death, I can only make the game in spirit as I have been room temperature for over 25 years.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2edxcub.gif

CHughes1102
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM
If your Death Valley is as over-rated as the other Death Valley, then TMTDM shouldn't have a problem being competitive and don't worry about Allbarn, they will be trying to copy TMTDM wins in about 3-4 years after the NCAA/FBI take care of them ...speaking of death, I can only make the game in spirit as I have been room temperature for over 25 years.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2edxcub.gif

This is quite possibly the weirdest troll profile we have ever had.

TrojanArrow
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Lol at this thread.

JPSousa1898
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM
This is quite possibly the weirdest troll profile we have ever had.

Sherrill Busby used to play for Troy... he's our resident Trojan Spirit.
:laughing021: :rollinglaugh:

TexasTrojan
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM

You could also just say STUPID recruits

noogatiger16
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
You could also just say STUPID recruits

Not to really start a pissing match here, but these are kids. I sometimes have to remind myself that I was 17 once also. Fortunately for me there was not Facebook, Twitter, or the temptations that some of these teenagers are faced with. I know I did a lot of things dumber than posing with fake money.

moosicman
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
...I've grown weary with this excuse. These are near-adults, not kids. There are no 6 or 7 year olds entering college. They may make poor choices and choose the wrong, but they DO know right from wrong, just like you and the rest of us did (unless one is dishonest with one's self). Are there real and difficult temptations: YES. Do they have a choice to do the right thing: YES YES. Just as we all do every day of our lives. And we all make good and bad ones everyday but that is NO EXCUSE for slacking off and sloppy living.

There is an easy way to avoid doing dumb stuff. Choosing NOT to do it. Personal responsibility does not begin when you are handed a college diploma. It is highly unfortunate that it isn't expected of those entering college anymore. We've gotten so laxidasical with personal discipline and responsibility that we TOO EASILY excuse sloppy living, football ethics or otherwise. Now I have plenty of grace for those who do wrong because I are one as you who are reading this are. But we've got to draw the line and quit expecting these 18+ year olds to be emotionally stunted with the maturity of a 6 year old. They are living up to that expectation. We should expect something different for them to live up to.

noogatiger16
07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
...I've grown weary with this excuse. These are near-adults, not kids. There are no 6 or 7 year olds entering college. They may make poor choices and choose the wrong, but they DO know right from wrong, just like you and the rest of us did (unless one is dishonest with one's self). Are there real and difficult temptations: YES. Do they have a choice to do the right thing: YES YES. Just as we all do every day of our lives. And we all make good and bad ones everyday but that is NO EXCUSE for slacking off and sloppy living.

There is an easy way to avoid doing dumb stuff. Choosing NOT to do it. Personal responsibility does not begin when you are handed a college diploma. It is highly unfortunate that it isn't expected of those entering college anymore. We've gotten so laxidasical with personal discipline and responsibility that we TOO EASILY excuse sloppy living, football ethics or otherwise. Now I have plenty of grace for those who do wrong because I are one as you who are reading this are. But we've got to draw the line and quit expecting these 18+ year olds to be emotionally stunted with the maturity of a 6 year old. They are living up to that expectation. We should expect something different for them to live up to.

I have no problem with anything you said here. I am not excusing anything, but I see no laws being broken, just poor taste. He was not on campus when this incident occurred, yet the message got to him that this was unacceptable, and he retracted it and apologized publicly. I would imagine that there is more to the message now that he is on campus. Such poor taste is an unfavorable reflection of our University, and I trust that he will learn from that indiscretion. I just kind of take issue when stones are cast at teenagers/kids/young adults, choose your term.

moosicman
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I respect what you're saying but there is a difference between throwing stones and holding each another accountable in society. If you don't think so, the next time you are pulled over tell the officer to shove off because he has at some point been guilty of speeding.

Hemi Man
07-06-2011, 06:32 AM
I have no problem with anything you said here. I am not excusing anything, but I see no laws being broken, just poor taste. He was not on campus when this incident occurred, yet the message got to him that this was unacceptable, and he retracted it and apologized publicly. I would imagine that there is more to the message now that he is on campus. Such poor taste is an unfavorable reflection of our University, and I trust that he will learn from that indiscretion. I just kind of take issue when stones are cast at teenagers/kids/young adults, choose your term.

If it makes you feel better we have several that look down their noses at our on players when they screw up. 18-22 year olds are not normally the best decision makers in the world. If a player at Troy screws up and the coaches decide to give him another chance I support their decision. That is part of their jobs. They understand these kids come from all kinds of different backgrounds and homes. Some can't handle the freedom when they first arrive on campus. No need to cast them into the depths of hell for screwing up.

Now, having cleared the air, feel free to bring some smack back at us here on the "smack board". If you need help finding some ask around on pretty much any other Sun Belt message board. If you want to have a serious conversation about the game flip over to the football board. Most of all let's have fun until the season starts.

TrojanLB08
07-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Glad to see my thread is the 1st one on the "smack board" :jester:

Hemi Man
07-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Watch this Topic
Search Forum

Ridge Creek
Member [22 pts]

TigerPulse Data
Votes: null
TigerPulse: 62%

We always beat Sun Belt Conference teams by about 4 TDs.
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 7:25 PM Reply

This game won't be any different. There's no way that we will lose to that bunch. Look what happened to them when they played SCar. The only reason it might be "competetive" would be because we don't want to show anything to future opponents and, we don't want to risk injury to players on our 2-deep. This exhibition game will be a slam dunk for the Tigers.

Troy87
07-06-2011, 03:10 PM
This game won't be any different. There's no way that we will lose to that bunch. Look what happened to them when they played SCar. The only reason it might be "competetive" would be because we don't want to show anything to future opponents and, we don't want to risk injury to players on our 2-deep. This exhibition game will be a slam dunk for the Tigers.

:rollinglaugh:

:signs017:

Yeah, yeah.....we've heard it all before. The only thing that will save Clemson from getting beat by Troy, is the same thing that kept FSU from getting beat by Troy.....the AWFUL ACC officials. Phantom holding calls against Troy during the crucial game-winning drive, no-calls when the opposing team flagrantly fouls a Troy player on either offense or defense.

Now, SEC home-cooking is bad, but ACC home-cooking is awful, and it's obvious. But I will give the ACC credit....until last year, it was the worst I had ever seen, but the UAB game last year was so horrid, that, at least for that one CUSA crew, I've never seen worse. So, the ACC has at least risen from the cellar in terms of horrible officiating.

noogatiger16
07-06-2011, 09:43 PM
This is the worst ref I've ever seen.
He hates Clemson, and the feeling is mutual.
If he's officiating, it will be to y'alls benefit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8aAC4jrPM
Watch this and listen to the call:rollinglaugh:

moosicman
07-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Jl-s5O7n95A

TexasTrojan
07-08-2011, 10:44 AM

I take issue when 17 - 18 year old men are excused for stupid behavior because they are athelets. I take issue when 17 - 18 year old men who act like 13 year old kids . If I was his father I would have pulled him aside , put a boot on his butt and asked him. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING". I see 17 - 18 year old men all the time in the airport while I travel and they honor their uniforms and country by behaving like adults. This young man has a gift and a great oppurtunity .... so he goes out and makes a total ass of himself.

I do hope he has learned something from his ignorant facebook post and realizes that his actions reflect on the University that gave him such a great oppurtunity:mad:

noogatiger16
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Alright, all this talk of kids vs adults has been great but, I'd like to move on.
I found out my tailgate spot for this season, it hasn't changed.
Therefore, I'd like to know how many of you I'm gonna be providing beverage for.
It won't be too far out of the way for y'all going to your seats. Your seats will be in the Northwest corner of the stadium, and my spot is about a hundred yards from the Southwest corner of the stadium. Depending on which way you come in, I might be on your way.

Hemi Man
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Alright, all this talk of kids vs adults has been great but, I'd like to move on.
I found out my tailgate spot for this season, it hasn't changed.
Therefore, I'd like to know how many of you I'm gonna be providing beverage for.
It won't be too far out of the way for y'all going to your seats. Your seats will be in the Northwest corner of the stadium, and my spot is about a hundred yards from the Southwest corner of the stadium. Depending on which way you come in, I might be on your way.

Two of us for certain. Thanks for all your help already.

As for the other part, I apologize for some of the people that like to take smack talk in a far to serious direction. How a group of young adults act when they are with their buddies is totally different than how they act in a public enviroment. For that matter 40 year old men act drastically different in their garage with the guys than when they are at a business meeting.

Lets get back to the smack on the smack board.

Burn the Horse
07-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm happy to have Clemson fans here to talk a little good-natured smack with. However, I feel those Tiger fans who have used profanity in their usernames need to rethink their actions. Children read this board and their actions are both tacky and disrespectful.

if you want to join our board you are welcome to do so, but do it with respect for those who BELONG HERE.

You know who you are.

Burn the Horse
07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
that being said...

suck it Clemson.

pelliott
07-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I expect the line to open at 12 1/2 to 14 1/2 - I don't bet but I like to watch lines. The only way Clemson covers is if they jump on us quick - otherwise we win by 4

A little concerned with our running game and young receivers - but Coach E having all summer to prepare - I think we score 40 in this one - just hope they score less than that

noogatiger16
07-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I expect the line to open at 12 1/2 to 14 1/2 - I don't bet but I like to watch lines. The only way Clemson covers is if they jump on us quick - otherwise we win by 4

A little concerned with our running game and young receivers - but Coach E having all summer to prepare - I think we score 40 in this one - just hope they score less than that

If y'all score 40 I'll kiss a Trojan Horse's ice

pelliott
07-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Its early in the season and I expect a high scoring game on both sides - Clemson is no SEC Defense (like South Carolina) so just tell me what section you are in closer to game day and I will find you after to game - I have never seen anyone kiss a horse's ice - first time for everything.

Seriously - is there a diner in Clemson called Floyd's or something like that?

By the way, I really like the school - campus - stadium - but your boys better be ready for the Troy Trojans - do NOT underestimate this team.

noogatiger16
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Its early in the season and I expect a high scoring game on both sides - Clemson is no SEC Defense (like South Carolina) so just tell me what section you are in closer to game day and I will find you after to game - I have never seen anyone kiss a horse's ice - first time for everything.

Seriously - is there a diner in Clemson called Floyd's or something like that?

By the way, I really like the school - campus - stadium - but your boys better be ready for the Troy Trojans - do NOT underestimate this team.

Our Team won't, and USCe is an SEC defense in name only. My seats are in Section I, and I park/tailgate in lot 6. I'll make it easy to find me closer to gametime, and you can come by if you score 40 or 14.

TrojanLB08
07-12-2011, 03:15 AM
According to NCAA '12, we will beat Clemson 23-0. Yes, that was with Heisman on and No i was not playing. Just thought everyone should hear the great news. lol. :thumb:

pelliott
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Hey Noogatiger - when was the last time Clemson played in the ACC Championship game?

Just fyi - South Carolina played in the SEC Championship last year - and not that it matters - lost (big) to THE NATIONAL CHAMPION - a team you all lost to as well - Auburn that is, but you lost to South Carolina too

I wouldn't make it sound like Clemson is all that.

Burn the Horse
07-12-2011, 08:39 PM

we hang 40 on teams much better than Clemson on a regular basis my friend. it's been our defense that has let us down.

CHughes1102
07-12-2011, 11:36 PM

52 days away until you regret that.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/dis%20gon%20be%20good/grand/dis_gona_be_good_gif.gif

TrojanArrow
07-13-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm seriously surprised they gave Troy a B rating that's about as good as we have ever been in the game.

noogatiger16
07-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Noogatiger - when was the last time Clemson played in the ACC Championship game?

Just fyi - South Carolina played in the SEC Championship last year - and not that it matters - lost (big) to THE NATIONAL CHAMPION - a team you all lost to as well - Auburn that is, but you lost to South Carolina too

I wouldn't make it sound like Clemson is all that.

OK, I'll play. 09', and I wouldn't trade the number of conference championships Clemson has for sc's "played in the championship game last year". SC is 4 games over .500 lifetime in football, and that was the closest they've ever come to any form of a championship. Excuses aren't worth the breath they take, but we lost to AU at AU by a bad snap on a PAT in OT, how close was sc to winning? And what difference does it make in the L? Last year marked the first time in over 40 years that sc has beaten us in consecutive years. Yeah, they're great.
Surely you can pick a different horse than USuCk, like maybe Troy, come on.

noogatiger16
07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
52 days away until you regret that.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/dis%20gon%20be%20good/grand/dis_gona_be_good_gif.gif

If I regret this, it'll be for much bigger reasons than that statement

TrojanLB08
07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm seriously surprised they gave Troy a B rating that's about as good as we have ever been in the game.

I remember when they were a D lol

pelliott
07-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Still more recently than you guys and - if they beat you two years in a row - you are telling me SC beat you in the same year which you played for the ACC Championship - now that is something to be proud of my friend.

Your last ACC Championship was either 1991 or 1992 I think and that was the year prior to FSU entering the league - I think. You guy's just need some Viagra so you can rise to the competition. I mean, that's almost 20 years ago!

I am going to enjoy this Clemson game a lot more than I thought. Bring it on Clemson - we are ready - I just hope you are!

CHughes1102
07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
ESPN Blog post on Clemson's new offense:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/26377/coaching-em-up-clemson

TrojanWarrior418
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm hoping for a good showing and that we don't blow it like we did last year at Oklahoma State.

noogatiger16
07-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Still more recently than you guys and - if they beat you two years in a row - you are telling me SC beat you in the same year which you played for the ACC Championship - now that is something to be proud of my friend.

Your last ACC Championship was either 1991 or 1992 I think and that was the year prior to FSU entering the league - I think. You guy's just need some Viagra so you can rise to the competition. I mean, that's almost 20 years ago!

I am going to enjoy this Clemson game a lot more than I thought. Bring it on Clemson - we are ready - I just hope you are!

Still arguing the sc angle, huh? I guess ignorance really is bliss. Please don't chest thump to me about a Sunbelt Championship.
I'm not really here for trash talk, I don't enjoy it and it's not my bag, I'm just a fan, I let the players do the talking.

CHughes1102
07-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Still arguing the sc angle, huh? I guess ignorance really is bliss. Please don't chest thump to me about a Sunbelt Championship.
I'm not really here for trash talk, I don't enjoy it and it's not my bag, I'm just a fan, I let the players do the talking.

We've won 5 straight. We can chest thump about that.

And don't chest thump about an ACC Championsh...errr...oh wait.....nevermind.

Burn the Horse
07-14-2011, 05:51 PM
just because the Clemson faithful don't know much about our program, doesn't mean we don't deserve to beat our chests. we are the best program in the history of our Conference with an enrollment of less than 10,000 and just about a decade of FBS play.

We Are TROY. :thumb:

noogatiger16
07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
just because the Clemson faithful don't know much about our program, doesn't mean we don't deserve to beat our chests. we are the best program in the history of our Conference with an enrollment of less than 10,000 and just about a decade of FBS play.

We Are TROY. :thumb:

Those are all great. You have accomplished quite a bit.
Clemson's enrollment is only about 5k more, in a town not much bigger than Troy. I hope you travel well and come by to educate me. And somebody bring a damned horse just in case you do score 40, I don't squelch.

Burn the Horse
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Nooga you're a good guy. I hope you'll stick around.

Burn the Horse
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
BTW Nooga, you supply the horse...we burn it down. :thumb:

jamesbell
07-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Agreed!!! Dont let losing JJ wory yall!!! There is plenty to pick up his slack and a stable to boot. Not to mention that RObinson Youngin!! I expect big things from our D this yr!!

pelliott
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Not Chest Thumping Nooga - just saying I think you and Clemson underestimate us. I am looking for a good time and a great game AND

I look forward to my first trip to Death Valley - heard nothing but great things about Clemson.

One other reason I mentioned earlier that we could score 40 is because you guys are running the spread and am guessing with some hurry up, no huddle stuff. I expect you guys to score quite a bit which gives us more opportunity to score as well. I think it will be a really fun game to watch.

Go Troy!

noogatiger16
07-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Our defense has been our stronger unit for the past couple of years Under Kevin Steele, that, combined with the fact that we have had 40 hung on us twice in the last six years leads me to conclusion that y'all should not. We do have a number of new starters this year, but they all have game experience, and all are very talented. It is an interesting point you bring up about the spread and hurry up/no huddle. It is somehwat of a double edged sword giving the opposition more opportunities. Being the first game of the year, there will be some adjustment. I would not be surprised to see Troy in the 20s, slightly surprised and a little dissappointed to see 30s, but unacceptable to give up 40+. I have no idea what to expect from our offense, as I was not able to tell much from the spring game. I know the principles of Chad Morris' offense, and they all sound good, but it's his first year, and all coaches are good at "selling" their system. We also have a first year starter at QB, only one proven returning WR, but with a very experienced Line, and proven returner at RB. That is a recipe for highs/lows and instability at offense. I have believed since Alabama killed us in the 08 opener that the Line is the most important piece of the puzzle, and our line should be a strong point this year. I try to temper my expectations on the variables we have, and the first year OC/first year QB combo is a very fluid condition.
Glad y'all are looking forward to the trip, whatever I can do to make it better I'll do.

trojanbrutha
07-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I'll take TROY's offense over Clemson's 7 days a week. Ours is established and Clemson has some growing pains to endure...don't sleep on the Trojan defense...

JPSousa1898
07-23-2011, 03:00 AM
On a lighter note, Nooga, every time I see your username, I think of nookie... yeah... I play tuba... haha.

Back on topic though, I think that the Troy-Clemson game will be a good close game like college football should be. I'm rather excited about it, and yes I think that Troy's going to whup the tigers, but I'm very biased.

Hemi Man
07-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Summer time heat is causing delusions.

ArmyRanger28
Know-it-all [2341 pts]
Lyman, SC

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 658

Troy lost the top 5 WRs on their depth chart, they're gonna
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 12:01 AM

be starting waterboys & grad assistants at WR. i don't expect their offense to be a problem.

We're going to slaughter them, and I will be going straight to http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums850/ to let them know why it's dumb to talk sh*t about a team that's higher up on the food chain than their weak a*s division 2 bullsh*t

theoriginaltiger
Zealot [862 pts]
TigerPulse Data
Votes: 12
TigerPulse: 60%

750 yards of total offense and 67 points from the tigers
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 11:51 PM

and we will get 4 turnovers. We wax them like never before and they leave in tears. but thats just what im predicting

TrojanWarrior418
07-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Summer time heat is causing delusions.

ArmyRanger28
Know-it-all [2341 pts]
Lyman, SC

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 658

Troy lost the top 5 WRs on their depth chart, they're gonna
Posted: Jul 23, 2011 12:01 AM

be starting waterboys & grad assistants at WR. i don't expect their offense to be a problem.

We're going to slaughter them, and I will be going straight to http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums850/ to let them know why it's dumb to talk sh*t about a team that's higher up on the food chain than their weak a*s division 2 bullsh*t

theoriginaltiger
Zealot [862 pts]
TigerPulse Data
Votes: 12
TigerPulse: 60%

750 yards of total offense and 67 points from the tigers
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 11:51 PM

and we will get 4 turnovers. We wax them like never before and they leave in tears. but thats just what im predicting

6vxiQ9JCKvE

Burn the Horse
07-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Clemson fans spell like poo. :taunt002:

trojanbrutha
07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
The Trojan Nation says, Bring It!...#teambringit

ArmyTrojan10
07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Tigernet has got awful over the last few months. Use to be a good board, but things have gone down hill over there and I dropped my account over there. :paperbag:

trojanbrutha
07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
It looks like I may have gotten the "boot" from tigernet...:sad010:

I've been kicked outta better places :laughing021:

trojanbrutha
07-23-2011, 04:23 PM
This is where the conversation started...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10736774#10736774

It's worth registering to read the superiority complex in full bloom!

Hemi Man
07-24-2011, 09:08 AM
This is where the conversation started...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10736774#10736774

It's worth registering to read the superiority complex in full bloom!

They are totally obsessed with South Carolina. They have more post about SC on their board than they do pertaining to Clemson. Really a sad group if you are more concerned with another team than you are your own.

Hemi Man
07-24-2011, 09:10 AM
It looks like I may have gotten the "boot" from tigernet...:sad010:

I've been kicked outta better places :laughing021:

I got banned from an MT board for posting a quote from one of their own coaches. People are funny that way.

ArmyTrojan10
07-24-2011, 10:16 AM
They are totally obsessed with South Carolina. They have more post about SC on their board than they do pertaining to Clemson. Really a sad group if you are more concerned with another team than you are your own.

Yeah...that is one reason I left. They sit there and complain about Carolina fans being on there and want to kick them off, but most of them that complain is the ones that are starting a post concerning Carolina. It has gotten sad over there.

TrojanLB08
07-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Talk about arrogant & classless fans. It's like they are brainwashed in a little Clemson fantasy world & all they know is Clemson, but don't have enough knowledge about other teams outside their domain.....& yet they love to smack talk.

Navarre Trojan
07-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Auburn, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Iowa St., Mississippi St, UCLA, Oregon St., et el of South Carolina!

If you know anything at all about the above schools (and most of you know about Alabama/Auburn) you understand exactly what I am talking about.

What is really, really funny about Clemson is that South Carolina has never, ever won anything in football. Last year's SEC East division was a first! At least Danny Ford got Clemson to the forefront. NOW, make no mistake, he was the biggest cheater outside of professional wrestling the south has ever seen.

TrojanArrow
07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
So according to them South Carolina is going to have 750+ yards of offense and 7 touchdowns. And Troy will have a field goal at the end of the game because they will be nice and allow it with their backups.

And someone said their running back will rush for 200 yards. Our defense may not have been the best last year but 7 touchdowns with a new offense and quarterback and the offense is the SPREAD.

I can understand being a homer but a lot of Clemson fans are very ignorant not all but I have noticed on other sites also. I'm a Troy fan and even ill say Troy has a 30% chance of winning this game but 7 touchdowns seriously?

trojanbrutha
07-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Preview 2011

ACC Preview (http://cfn.scout.com/2/1089352.html)
5 Non-Conference Games the ACC had better take very, very seriously
1. Boston College at UCF, Sept. 10
2. Louisville at North Carolina, Oct. 8
3. Troy at Clemson, Sept. 3
4. Virginia Tech at East Carolina, Sept. 10
5. Kansas State at Miami, Sept. 24

CHughes1102
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
5 Non-Conference Games the ACC had better take very, very seriously

3. Troy at Clemson, Sept. 3

Too bad you are going to have such a field day on us huh Clemson fans?

I only have one thing to say to you Clemson: You'll see

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/approval/grand/08733364_approval_gif.gif

trojanbrutha
07-26-2011, 10:52 AM
ACC media days notebook, Day 2 (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/44151/acc-media-days-notebook-day-2)
Clemson: There are several positions freshmen will have a legitimate chance to earn playing time at this summer, starting with wide receiver. "We need some help there," Dabo Swinney said. He also said the team needs immediate help at linebacker, and running back Mike Bellamy will "really spice things up for us." The defensive line is another area of opportunity and possibly one in the secondary. Clemson redshirted 15 players last year and will use 12 to 13 freshmen this fall.

Hemi Man
07-30-2011, 08:42 AM
On a serious note. If this board ever becomes obsessed with another team the way Clemson is with South Carolina, I believe that it will be time to take the board down. That is an embarrassment to people over there that are donors/season ticket holders. You can't tell if they are Clemson fans or just South Carolina haters.

Hemi Man
07-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Watch out Phil Steele this guy is after your job!!!

Streaking Tiger
Devotee [238 pts]
TigerPulse Data
Votes: 3
TigerPulse: 65%

A few stats on TROY [1]
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 3:53 PM

How good is Troy? Heres a peek from Last Year:

They had 21 TDs Rushing vs opponents 26 (and 2059 yards vs opponents 2148 yards)
They had 33 TDs Passing vs opponents 23 (and 3836 yards vs opponents 3180 yards)

Thats ~ 3:2 Passing to Rushing (and ~ 2:1 yardage)

They have a SO QB that scored ZERO TDs rushing, but 28 Passing TDs, with the backup scoring 2 and 3 SR WRs scoring the other 3. Interesting is: EVERYONE THAT CAUGHT A PASS FOR TROY GRADUATED (unless their 2 QBs caught a pass). EVERYONE!!

They lost 2 to graduation that accounted for 9 of their 21 Rushing TDs. Their remaining best 3 RBs are now JRs and accounted for 12 TDs Rushing. They lost 42% of their Rushing Offense.

They had 1 guy return a KO for a TD, and a Punt for a TD and he graduated. Opponents returned 2 Punts for TDs and no KOs for TD.

They had 14 INTs none for TD. The only guy graduating only had 1 INT. Opponents had 2 INTs for TD.

They had 39 sacks for 268 yards.

They completed 3 2pt conversions (2 WR and 1 QB). Not sure how many attempts at this.

They went 8-5 last year, losing to #13 Ok. State by only 3. #22 SC and un-ranked FlIntl were the only teams to beat them badly.

I dont see where theyre going to generate their O as I expect them to be primarily a Rushing team this year. They seem to prefer Passing, as Passing carried them all year.

Their secondary looks to be strong, so passing might be tough against them.

So Offensively, Passing was their strength, and Defensively, they defended Passing well.

They probably wont hurt us much in the Return game since their main returner is gone. They shouldnt hurt us much thru the air as all of their receivers are gone. Their secondary will be strong again, as almost everyone returns.

Considering how well they played Oklahoma State (11-3) last year, I expect Troy to be ready to bring it on 9/3.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=980342&tstart=30

TrojanLB08
07-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Join in on the FUNN!!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=980442&tstart=0

Pensacola Kid
07-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Here's my prediction for September 3rd at ~5:30 pm...

o84YUDY55FY

Surf Report:
The groudswell from TS Don is trying to hang in there with some pretty lines rolling through. Should be a beautiful morning for longboards, fishes, funboards, and SUP's. The shortboarders will have to be patient, but may even have some rideable waves too.

PensacolaTrojan
07-31-2011, 08:09 AM

o84YUDY55FY

Surf Report:
The groudswell from TS Don is trying to hang in there with some pretty lines rolling through. Should be a beautiful morning for longboards, fishes, funboards, and SUP's. The shortboarders will have to be patient, but may even have some rideable waves too.

That is a heck of a promotion for Clemson:rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
07-31-2011, 08:11 AM

o84YUDY55FY

Surf Report:

I'm guessing that young man right there is a regular poster on Tigernet.

DedicatedTrojan84
07-31-2011, 09:22 AM

o84YUDY55FY

Surf Report:

Thats funny right there. That was me after the 07 FAU game so I cant laugh too hard.

TrojanLB08
07-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Baha we should definitely post that on the Tiger board!!:laughing021:

noogatiger16
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
On a serious note. If this board ever becomes obsessed with another team the way Clemson is with South Carolina, I believe that it will be time to take the board down. That is an embarrassment to people over there that are donors/season ticket holders. You can't tell if they are Clemson fans or just South Carolina haters.

OK, kind of funny. Go to the AU board and check out the UA obsession, or vice versa. If you guys are looking for a barometer of the fans, I'd rather you use another venue than Tardnet. I'm a member of the scout site, and usually only ever visit the private board, it weeds most (not all) of the trash out. Now, on the hatred of USuCk, I'd say I rank about a 13 on a scale of 10. I think the head to head is at about 60ish to maybe 20 in Clemson's favor. They have just crested above the 500 mark all time wins losses this past year. Have made 1 conference championship appearance, and I'd say an appearance is all they made in said championship. 0 conferenece champs, 0 Nat Champs, ~5 bowl games lifetime, <3 bowl wins lifetime, and less class than your average post tornado trailer park interviewee. I do not go to columbia for anything, and find being a fan of cocks to be a tragic character flaw. It's generally best that I don't engage the unwashed, a personal rule that has worked out well for me as at some point, getting into fights has to be grown out of. Now, on a serious note, back to Clemson vs Troy, I'm gonna throw out a guess at the final score, 38-24 Clemson, 21-14 at the half, with Clemson separating a little bit in the second half. Thoughts?

trojanbrutha
08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
OK, kind of funny. Go to the AU board and check out the UA obsession, or vice versa. If you guys are looking for a barometer of the fans, I'd rather you use another venue than Tardnet. I'm a member of the scout site, and usually only ever visit the private board, it weeds most (not all) of the trash out. Now, on the hatred of USuCk, I'd say I rank about a 13 on a scale of 10. I think the head to head is at about 60ish to maybe 20 in Clemson's favor. They have just crested above the 500 mark all time wins losses this past year. Have made 1 conference championship appearance, and I'd say an appearance is all they made in said championship. 0 conferenece champs, 0 Nat Champs, ~5 bowl games lifetime, <3 bowl wins lifetime, and less class than your average post tornado trailer park interviewee. I do not go to columbia for anything, and find being a fan of cocks to be a tragic character flaw. It's generally best that I don't engage the unwashed, a personal rule that has worked out well for me as at some point, getting into fights has to be grown out of. Now, on a serious note, back to Clemson vs Troy, I'm gonna throw out a guess at the final score, 38-24 Clemson, 21-14 at the half, with Clemson separating a little bit in the second half. Thoughts?

That may be a fair assessment, but I am not seeing Clemson shut the O of TROY down like that. It is something that only happened with a few teams last season, most notably USCe. I am pretty certain that our QB, with a healthy corps of receivers (and the unknown RBs we have) are going to churn out more than 24 pts. It's the preseason and I could be as wrong as two left shoes, but one thing I do know is that you may be putting a little more stock into your defense versus us putting too much stock into our offense. This is a game that the TROY football players will be up for...we may turn the lights out in death valley when we finish celebrating on the 3rd.

TrojanWarrior418
08-03-2011, 07:33 AM
I hope we can pull off the upset in Death Valley and finally get that monkey off our back.

Burn the Horse
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I hope we can pull off the upset in Death Valley and finally get that monkey off our back.

Middle of the road ACC team vs. Top dawg Sun Belt team. we have a fair chance.

DedicatedTrojan84
08-03-2011, 03:06 PM
52dFNXJ1reE

GoTroyGo1
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
We have had too many of these teams on the ropes. I think we can go for the knockout in this game. Clemson wouldn't want to play us down at Troy I know that.:thumb:

BCTROJAN
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope that the team for obvious reasons goes into this game like they have something to prove in the state of South Carolina.

GoTroyGo1
08-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Clemson has a few posters on ESPN saying Troy and the rest of the Sun Belt are garbage. A "W" in a game like this would finally change some perceptions

Burn the Horse
08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Clemson has a few posters on ESPN saying Troy and the rest of the Sun Belt are garbage. A "W" in a game like this would finally change some perceptions

you know what else is garbage? Clemson. Clemson is garbage.

their fans are acting like children. they are picking on someone at a lower level to make themselves feel better about themselves. We could do the same by going to an FCS team board and being jerks, but why?

I love TROY and will always love TROY. if Clemson fans want to talk sh** and try to puff out their chests then that reflects more on them than it does me. Nothing they have to say is going to change my loyalties. :thumb:

ArmyTrojan10
08-06-2011, 12:09 PM
you know what else is garbage? Clemson. Clemson is garbage.

their fans are acting like children. they are picking on someone at a lower level to make themselves feel better about themselves. We could do the same by going to an FCS team board and being jerks, but why?

I love TROY and will always love TROY. if Clemson fans want to talk sh** and try to puff out their chests then that reflects more on them than it does me. Nothing they have to say is going to change my loyalties. :thumb:

I agree with you. They act like children over there and its getting worse. The good thing about it is that they only represent a small group of clemson fans. I assure you, that the whole fan base doesn't act like that. Most of them on tnet preaches class and respect but in return they don't act it. I have dropped my account with tnet because of the way they are acting.:paperbag: I applaud you and the rest of Troy fans on this board for standing up for Troy and the loyalty you have for Troy. Although I am not a Troy student anymore, I still support Troy and maybe one day I will return back to the school. My time being associated with the school, I learned a lot about the football team and I will admit that Clemson fans shouldn't take Troy lightly. Will Troy win? My opinion is no. But do I think they have a chance to pull the upset? Yes without a doubt. With a month left until football season....I find myself pulling and rooting for Troy to pull that upset.

GoTroyGo1
08-06-2011, 05:31 PM
If Clemson wants an easy "W", Furman and Wofford are just down the road. This "cupcake" will leave a real bad taste in their mouths!:thumb:

noogatiger16
08-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Middle of the road ACC team vs. Top dawg Sun Belt team. we have a fair chance.

We all have our share of unsavory fans. I didn't appreciate the comment above.
I've covered this, but I assure you more of us will welcome you, and you should not hear any sh*t talking on gameday.
I doubt how many of those people even attend games, and I'd be willing to bet $ that almost none of them are season ticket holders/boosters/alum/tied to Clemson in any way.
We take pride in our hospitality, almost to a fault, and I assure you that you will enjoy your visit.

BTW, any of you who want directions to my tailgate(close to stadium free food/beverage/fellowship), or advice for gameday parking and attractions shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you some more info.

Burn the Horse
08-06-2011, 10:09 PM
We all have our share of unsavory fans. I didn't appreciate the comment above.
I've covered this, but I assure you more of us will welcome you, and you should not hear any sh*t talking on gameday.
I doubt how many of those people even attend games, and I'd be willing to bet $ that almost none of them are season ticket holders/boosters/alum/tied to Clemson in any way.
We take pride in our hospitality, almost to a fault, and I assure you that you will enjoy your visit.

BTW, any of you who want directions to my tailgate(close to stadium free food/beverage/fellowship), or advice for gameday parking and attractions shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you some more info.

what about my comment did you not appreciate? Clemson is not the best team in the ACC, yall are middle of the pack. don't be oversensitive.

noogatiger16
08-07-2011, 07:58 AM
3 tiers of ACC
Bottom(Rarely in contention for div title)=Duke, UVA, Wake, Maryland
Mid(Occasionally in contention)=NC State, BC, UNC, Miami
High(Consistently in contention)=Clemson, Va Tech, Ga Tech, FSU

redwaver
08-07-2011, 08:05 AM
3 tiers of ACC
Really?

Burn the Horse
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
3 tiers of ACC

I don't see the ACC that way at all.

replace Clemson with Miami, UNC, or BC.

noogatiger16
08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for sharing your opinion, it was worth every cent.

CHughes1102
08-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sharing your opinion, it was worth every cent.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/you%20mad/grand/you_mad_lol_gif.gif

redwaver
08-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Really?
For the last 20 years where is Clemson in the "High-Consistantly in contention" category?
1991 Clemson 6-0-1
1992 Florida State 8-0-0
1993 Florida State 8-0-0
1994 Florida State 8-0-0
1995 Florida State 7-1-0 Virginia 7-1-0

1996 Florida State 8-0
1997 Florida State 8-0
1998 Florida State
Georgia Tech 7-1
7-1
1999 Florida State 8-0
2000 Florida State 8-0
2001 Maryland 7-1
2002 Florida State 7-1
2003 Florida State 7-1
2004 Virginia Tech 7-1
2005 Florida State 5-3
2006 Wake Forest 6-2
2007 Virginia Tech 7-1
2008 Virginia Tech 5-3
2009 Georgia Tech 7-1
2010 Virginia Tech 8-0

ArmyTrojan10
08-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Clemson should be in the top half of the ACC, but I would say they are border lined between the middle and top. Clemson pulls in a lot of talent every year, but they haven't been able to get the job done. 2009 was the closest by reaching the title game but since their last conference title....Maryland and Wake has won conference titles. The best bowl game Clemson has played in since their last conference title is the Gator bowl.

Top:
VT (0-2 against VT since joining the ACC)
FSU (5-5 against the Noles since 2001)
GT (Clemson has struggled against GT and haven't won in ATL in a while. 10-11 against GT since 1991 and 1-4 against them in the last 5 years)
BC (4-2 against Clemson since joining the ACC)
Middle:
Miami (2-2 against the U since joining ACC. Might be slightly better that Miami)
Clemson
Maryland (4-6 against the Terps since 2001)
NC State (7-0 against State since 2004. Only team that Clemson has truly dominated)
Bottom:
UNC (Only had one good season in the last few years. 3-2 against UNC since 2001. Should have won that game last year.)
Wake ( 7-3 against Wake since 2001)
UVA (3-3 against UVA since 2001)
Duke (6-1 against Duke since 2001)

Burn the Horse
08-07-2011, 05:15 PM
hey noog, it's nice you edited your post...but calling me names doesn't make you right. :rolleyes04:

as for your edit...yes, my opinion DOES matter here in this community. it is yours that is worthless.

redwaver
08-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Clemson should be in the top half of the ACC, but I would say they are border lined between the middle and top. Clemson pulls in a lot of talent every year, but they haven't been able to get the job done. 2009 was the closest by reaching the title game but since their last conference title....Maryland and Wake has won conference titles. The best bowl game Clemson has played in since their last conference title is the Gator bowl.

Top:
VT (0-2 against VT since joining the ACC)
FSU (5-5 against the Noles since 2001)
GT (Clemson has struggled against GT and haven't won in ATL in a while. 10-11 against GT since 1991 and 1-4 against them in the last 5 years)
BC (4-2 against Clemson since joining the ACC)
Middle:
Miami (2-2 against the U since joining ACC. Might be slightly better that Miami)
Clemson
Maryland (4-6 against the Terps since 2001)
NC State (7-0 against State since 2004. Only team that Clemson has truly dominated)
Bottom:
UNC (Only had one good season in the last few years. 3-2 against UNC since 2001. Should have won that game last year.)
Wake ( 7-3 against Wake since 2001)
UVA (3-3 against UVA since 2001)
Duke (6-1 against Duke since 2001)
Good point but Wake and Duke may not be able to win the Sunbelt. The ACC has some not so good teams year in year out. The SEC has Vandy, Ole Miss and Miss State even though the last two are much better than Wake and Duke. Miss. State is up and coming! The question is for Clemson, how do they perform against the best in the ACC if they are going to anoint themselves as "consistent contenders". Being realistic, they will get a good bowl game if they win 6 games each year. True with all the major conferences. If Clemson can beat their OOC teams they only have 3 games to win to get into a good bowl. They might just find winning that first game a little tougher than they planned!

noogatiger16
08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
OK, I'm not going to be the guy trying to ice skate up hill by arguing on your board. You'll notice that I have refrained from disparaging Troy or attempting to belittle your team/hopefully your school.
You're right, we don't have a chance, I'll contact someone and see if we can just forfiet and save ourselves the impending embarassment.
Anyway, whatever, I'll check and see if there's a more cordial conversation on the football board, if not, hope to see y'all in Clemson.

Burn the Horse
08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
All I've ever said is we have a chance. you are the one with the opinion this will be a one sided affair. what do you expect on OUR board?

uh oh, a Clemson fan is here. I guess we better just admit defeat and hope they are nice about it. :rollinglaugh:

you are very sensitive about everything, especially on a "smack board." have you seen the things your fellow fans have said on your boards?

you said my opinion that Clemson was a "middle of the road ACC team" was insulting, so much so you quoted it. really? :laughing021:

redwaver
08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
OK, I'm not going to be the guy trying to ice skate up hill by arguing on your board. You'll notice that I have refrained from disparaging Troy or attempting to belittle your team/hopefully your school.
You're right, we don't have a chance, I'll contact someone and see if we can just forfiet and save ourselves the impending embarassment.
Anyway, whatever, I'll check and see if there's a more cordial conversation on the football board, if not, hope to see y'all in Clemson.
I don't see anyone disparaging Clemson here. We know we will have a quality opponent when we go up there. It would be nice however to think ya'll felt the same. I will say we have a lot to prove in OOC games and hopefully this group of young men are up to the task because that is out next road block to progress. It would be nice if larger, more well known schools would not trash their OOC opponents. There is absolutly a sense of superiority amoung you folks. If that reality hurts your feelings so be it. Clemson is a beautiful school and one of my good friends graduated from there and we have some great give and take about athletics. He is not a big fan of Jabo though so I guess that helps some. You have a good athletic program. Great....I am not sure. Some years in the past you have had a great one but be careful not to make yourselves more than you are just yet. You may be great this year but you do it with your play not your mouth. The ACC is not on the same level as the SEC or some other major conferences. FSU was a great team who could compete with anyone and probably will be again but Maryland, Wake, Duke, NC State....no way! We hope to make your first game against us a miserable experience for ya'll. I for one don't know who will win. We have a lot of new talent and we have a lot to prove to ourselves. We recognize your capabilities but ya'll just might be surprised how good Troy can be or maybe how difficult running the spread with a fast pace offense can be for a school just starting it (Clemson). We have ran it for years so you won't slip up on us in that respect. We love our Trojans as much as you do your Tigers so take a deep breath, enjoy the smack and saddle up 'cause the Trojans are coming to "Death Valley" and it might just not be as easy as ya'll think. There might just be an awakening!! The question to be decided is for WHOM! Go Trojans!!!!!!!

trojanbrutha
08-08-2011, 11:54 AM
The boot is off! :bounce012:

dothaneagletroy Drew Champlin
RT @BMoncrief1: Out of the boot!!!

moosicman
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Was this expected so soon? I thought he was still going to be out for a while, at least the Clemson game. Out of a boot with 26 days to go sounds like he just might be able to play. I know beans about injuries and such though.

trojanbrutha
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Ok...I'll take our OC vs a bunch of freshmen LBs all day!

GoTroyGo1
08-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Good point but Wake and Duke may not be able to win the Sunbelt. Wake or Duke would never play us, we have enough athletes to get past a lot of the lower tier BCS schools. I have a feeling this Clemson game could go down to the wire, I just hope we can finally get across the finish line. :bounce012:

TrojanArrow
08-10-2011, 09:55 AM
3 tiers of ACC

Honest question doesn't consistent mean more than once or twice? Not even knocking Clemson because I know if we suddenly played in the ACC we wouldn't win every year.

But you seriously can't have Clemson in the top four man....Your buying to much into all the preseason articles that have picked Clemson to win the ACC like the last six years.

Like in 2008 when Clemson went 7-6 with wins over (The Citadel, Duke, Virginia, and a few ACC teams that had 6 or 7 wins) Then going 6-7 last season. I think what others were pointing out is just because you have 5 star players it doesn't anoint you as a elite team. Clemson is a young team and Troy is very experienced at some positions. Your fan base can't be offended by us saying this won't be a easy win.

Burn the Horse
08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
don't try to reason with him Arrow, he is simply too sensitive. he came to OUR board and got mad when someone said that his team was mid-tier ACC. i mean seriously? :laughing021:

GoTroyGo1
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
We could beat Duke Wake or UVA this year ( Especially at Troy). Clemson fans just don't realize what kind of athletes we have year in and year out , the SEC schools that play us are aware.

noogatiger16
08-10-2011, 02:41 PM
BTH, GFY
Arrow, Last season, bad year, OC, other staff relieved of their duties.
09, Atlantic Div Champs
08, overhyped, 2-3 start, Tommy Bowden fired after 5th game, coaching change season 7-6 is not that bad.
07, lost tiebreaker to BC for Atlantic Div Champs
An argument could be made for BC or Maimi, but I don't know how strong of an argument.
I honestly try objective, and avoid being a homer.
There is no way I would think that UNC, BC, or Miami are better teams or in better position than Clemson.
That being the case, I was a little put off by Burn the Horse or whoever saying Clemson was "middle of the pack ACC". Our lack of winning the ACC Championship is a sore spot with many of our fans, but have been in contention regularly.
I tried to impart that it was not my intention to "talk smack", and this thread did not start out in the smack talk forum but was moved. I don't care anything about "talking smack" about Troy.
We are not rivals, we don't play regularly, it's not a game that's gonna have that much impact on either team, just enjoy a game in a venue that you probably haven't visited before.

TexasTrojan
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
BLAH .... BLAH .... BLAH .... BLAH ....:paperbag:

Hemi Man
08-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Ok guys I can't hide it anymore. This is one intimidating group right here.

http://www.tigernet.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1-987912-10890773-90807/Clemson.jpg

Troy87
08-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, but is their footbal team as talented as their baseball team?

8UZgVogYevM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8UZgVogYevM)

PCTrojan
08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
BTH, GFY
Arrow, Last season, bad year, OC, other staff relieved of their duties.
09, Atlantic Div Champs
08, overhyped, 2-3 start, Tommy Bowden fired after 5th game, coaching change season 7-6 is not that bad.
07, lost tiebreaker to BC for Atlantic Div Champs
An argument could be made for BC or Maimi, but I don't know how strong of an argument.
I honestly try objective, and avoid being a homer.
There is no way I would think that UNC, BC, or Miami are better teams or in better position than Clemson.
That being the case, I was a little put off by Burn the Horse or whoever saying Clemson was "middle of the pack ACC". Our lack of winning the ACC Championship is a sore spot with many of our fans, but have been in contention regularly.
I tried to impart that it was not my intention to "talk smack", and this thread did not start out in the smack talk forum but was moved. I don't care anything about "talking smack" about Troy.
We are not rivals, we don't play regularly, it's not a game that's gonna have that much impact on either team, just enjoy a game in a venue that you probably haven't visited before.

I think being put off by being called a "middle of the pack" ACC school is a personal problem. The reality of it is that you ARE a middle of the pack ACC school. In the last 10 years you average 6.9 wins a year with no ACC Championshipships and 1 appearance in the ACC Championship game. This is "middle of the pack."

We are a Sunbelt team and we have to face the fact we will more than likely never win a D1 National Championship and will probably never get an opportunity to play in a BCS game. We KNOW this about ourselves, you seem to be delusional about your status. With Florida State, Virginia Tech and Miami being the top of the conference for the past 10 years and Duke holding the cellar position it basically relegates the rest of the ACC as a "middle of the pack" teams.

Face it, you are a medium sized fish in a pond with some big fish and you have done well for yourselves and that is nothing to be mad about. We are a medium fish in a pond of minnows and we do what we are supposed to do to the minnows.

Now let's see in five days what happend when two medium fish are trying to be big fish.

Good luck on Sat!

For shiggles I will make my prediction to be 31-28 Troy.

Troy87
08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I think being put off by being called a "middle of the pack" ACC school is a personal problem. The reality of it is that you ARE a middle of the pack ACC school. In the last 10 years you average 6.9 wins a year with no ACC Championshipships and 1 appearance in the ACC Championship game. This is "middle of the pack."

We are a Sunbelt team and we have to face the fact we will more than likely never win a D1 National Championship and will probably never get an opportunity to play in a BCS game. We KNOW this about ourselves, you seem to be delusional about your status. With Florida State, Virginia Tech and Miami being the top of the conference for the past 10 years and Duke holding the cellar position it basically relegates the rest of the ACC as a "middle of the pack" teams.

Face it, you are a medium sized fish in a pond with some big fish and you have done well for yourselves and that is nothing to be mad about. We are a medium fish in a pond of minnows and we do what we are supposed to do to the minnows.

Now let's see in five days what happend when two medium fish are trying to be big fish.

Good luck on Sat!

For shiggles I will make my prediction to be 31-28 Troy.

Only one problem with this PCTrojan......your prediction. :laughing021:

We averaged 34 points per game last year. I see this as more of a 38-31 Troy.

Sherrill Busby
08-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Yeah, but is their footbal team as talented as their baseball team?

8UZgVogYevM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8UZgVogYevM)

OK, that might be the gayest thing I have seen...and no offense to any of my dead gay friends either - oh yea, we had them back in the day too. Whatever happened to flirtin' with the babes in the stands or playing poker during rain delays?

Sherrill Busby
08-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Upon further review, both of these programs should be immediately suspended...

jagd1305
08-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Dead men tell no tales...

newnan trojan
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Its Clemson! We have played harder and bigger schools and beaten them.....Troy rolls this Saturday!

Mr. Ho
08-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Its Clemson! We have played harder and bigger schools and beaten them.....Troy rolls this Saturday!

Who? Old Miss State back when Maine beat Old Miss State? FYI: Game is on road - when last time we play good game on road - any game on road?

Mr. Ho
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
We could beat Duke Wake or UVA this year ( Especially at Troy). Clemson fans just don't realize what kind of athletes we have year in and year out , the SEC schools that play us are aware.

Quit kid yourself or check into hospital for treatment. $EC schools really afraid to play us, that why they always schedule TMTDM.

newnan trojan
08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Only teams I know that wont play us because they are "afraid to" are. Florida State, after what we nearly did in 07 we wont be playing them for a long while.....Oklahoma State, after beating them badly one year and nearly doing it last year dont look to have them on the schedule anytime soon......and of Course Bama and Aub!

TroyFootball05
08-30-2011, 08:35 PM
FWIW, Clemson has this freshman in their starting lineup:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sammy-Watkins-101941 (Starter, FR 5-Star)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Bellamy-101255 (4th String, also FR 5-Star)

here's a depth chart comparion:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/clem/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/depth_chart_event/depth_chart_20110830aaa.pdf

Here's their star running back stats, (think OKState's RB):

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/381445/andre-ellington

TigerLight
08-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Looking forward to the game Saturday. We're definitely not taking you guys lightly as most of you think. We'll be breaking in some young studs at WR and LB and have our fair share of question marks heading into this first game. The only true freshman that will start, is 5 star WR Sammy Watkins. He's the first true freshman to start at Clemson since Athony Simmons years ago...which speaks volumes. Look for DeAndre "Nuke" Hopkins at WR (Freshman All-ACC) to be called on a good bit, he's young but is going to be a monster.

Our OL and RB will be our strength this year. If we run early and have success - opening up the passing game, it may be a long day for you all. RB Andre Ellington is the real deal. :bounce012:

The Clemson D should be just as good if not better than last years (18th in the nation). The only drop off may possibly be in the secondary only due to inexperience, not talent.

My prediction is a tight game all the way through the 1st half. Clemson pulls away in a nail biter early in the 4th. Clemson 28 Troy 21

Of course I hope we blow y'all out, but my gut feeling is that it will be too close for comfort...

Hoping for great weather & an injury free game. Go Tigers!

Brotherofanalum
08-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Looking forward to the game Saturday. We're definitely not taking you guys lightly as most of you think. We'll be breaking in some young studs at WR and LB and have our fair share of question marks heading into this first game. The only true freshman that will start, is 5 star WR Sammy Watkins. He's the first true freshman to start at Clemson since Athony Simmons years ago...which speaks volumes. Look for DeAndre "Nuke" Hopkins at WR (Freshman All-ACC) to be called on a good bit, he's young but is going to be a monster.

Our OL and RB will be our strength this year. If we run early and have success - opening up the passing game, it may be a long day for you all. RB Andre Ellington is the real deal. :bounce012:

The Clemson D should be just as good if not better than last years (18th in the nation). The only drop off may possibly be in the secondary only due to inexperience, not talent.

My prediction is a tight game all the way through the 1st half. Clemson pulls away in a nail biter early in the 4th. Clemson 28 Troy 21

Of course I hope we blow y'all out, but my gut feeling is that it will be too close for comfort...

Hoping for great weather & an injury free game. Go Tigers!

It's more than just skill....... It's heart and determination. Clemson is alot more talented, but they don't have the passion Troy will bring.... because you see, Clemson knows how good they are, they're the team that's talented and slated to blow the underdog out.... the prime reason Troy gives all they've got. To prove the world wrong, to have the Big Boy lights shine down on them. To show that just because they didn't have an ESPN150 sign on their report card, they can overcome adversity.

TigerLight
08-31-2011, 12:15 PM
It's intersting that you don't think Clemson won't have the passion, heart, and determination needed to win this game. I beg to differ, especially with this being our opener and first home game. We're just as amped for college football as anyone out there.

Throw that in with close to 15 True Freshman and 14 Redshirt Freshman on the depth chart, nearly all in the 2-deep - should make for a lot of players out to prove a point. We'll be playing with a major chip on our shoulder, because rightfully so, Clemson is getting no respect this year. We're out to prove a point - just like you all are.

I'm ready to hear those cannons go off in the endzone on Saturday!

TexasTrojan
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
It's intersting that you don't think Clemson won't have the passion, heart, and determination needed to win this game. I beg to differ, especially with this being our opener and first home game. We're just as amped for college football as anyone out there.

Throw that in with close to 15 True Freshman and 14 Redshirt Freshman on the depth chart, nearly all in the 2-deep - should make for a lot of players out to prove a point. We'll be playing with a major chip on our shoulder, because rightfully so, Clemson is getting no respect this year. We're out to prove a point - just like you all are.

Is it Clemson traditon to fire the cannons for visitor scores too?

LOL ... just messin around . Hope its a good game and no injuries:paperbag:

Mr. Ho
08-31-2011, 12:49 PM

Most GTT people live in LaLa Land...they say samething week before Carolina game last year...good thing we have big heart, otherwise we lose by 80 points instead of 50

Trojan1998
08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Dabo is coaching this season to save his job or he's going back to Cullman (and nobody in their right mind would ever want to go back to Cullman). I'm sure the Trojans will get the very best from the Pickens County Cats on Saturday.

Hemi Man
08-31-2011, 02:32 PM

That could be good or bad. Trying to hard to prove a point can lead to mistakes. Both teams will have a great deal of youth on the field saturday. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

gotu
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Dabo is coaching this season to save his job or he's going back to Cullman (and nobody in their right mind would ever want to go back to Cullman). I'm sure the Trojans will get the very best from the Pickens County Cats on Saturday.

Swinney was raised in Pelham, Alabama, and attended the University of Alabama, where he joined the Crimson Tide football program as a walk-on wide receiver in 1989. Swinney earned a scholarship and lettered on three teams (19901992), including the Crimson Tide's 1992 National Championship team. During his time as an undergraduate at Alabama, he was twice named an Academic All-SEC and SEC Scholar Athlete Honor Roll member. He received his degree in commerce & business administration in 1993. He also received a master's degree in business administration from Alabama in 1995.

Trojan1998
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Swinney was raised in Pelham, Alabama, and attended the University of Alabama, where he joined the Crimson Tide football program as a walk-on wide receiver in 1989. Swinney earned a scholarship and lettered on three teams (19901992), including the Crimson Tide's 1992 National Championship team. During his time as an undergraduate at Alabama, he was twice named an Academic All-SEC and SEC Scholar Athlete Honor Roll member. He received his degree in commerce & business administration in 1993. He also received a master's degree in business administration from Alabama in 1995.

Pelham. Thank goodness. A little better than Cullman. At least they have Oak Mountain Amphitheatre.

Hemi Man
08-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I did manage to find some of the regular posters on tigernet. Of course these are some of the older ones, because I'm guessing the average age on that board is around 12.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2395219_o.gif

ArmyTrojan10
08-31-2011, 08:39 PM
I did manage to find some of the regular posters on tigernet. Of course these are some of the older ones, because I'm guessing the average age on that board is around 12.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2395219_o.gif

Everyday when I need a good laugh...I just adventure over to tnet....I'm amazed at how some people are stupid over there.:paperbag:

TigerLight
08-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I'll be honest with you... I'm a little worried about this one. If we're the same team as last year, y'all could easily upset us. :eek:

I think it will be a close one. Go Tigers!

Hemi Man
08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll be honest with you... I'm a little worried about this one. If we're the same team as last year, y'all could easily upset us. :eek:

I think it will be a close one. Go Tigers!

Lots of youth on both sides. This game could go any number of directions.

AL4TU
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Does anyone have any score predictions for this game?

Mr. Ho
09-01-2011, 09:04 AM

NWSC 57 - TMTDM 37

Corey big stud and Defense will score TD, but Rowell good for give up at least two TD while he at concension stand getting cold drink and snack.

ArmyTrojan10
09-01-2011, 10:03 AM

I believe Clemson is a 16 point favorite (last I heard). I think the game will be closer than that. A lot of Tiger fans are predicting a win by 20-30 points, but I don't see it. Too many questions with a new offense and a lot of new faces. In my opinion...the key is the first half. Clemson the last few years hasn't been a strong second half team (look at the game vs Auburn, UNC, Miami last year). If Troy can cause turnovers and either be tied or have a touchdown lead at the half...I like the chances of the upset. I'm calling for the upset.:thumb:

Troy 27
CU 24

I know I said that I would be at the game...but somethings have come up preventing me to go. For all of you that are traveling to the game. I hope you enjoy your time in our beautiful state and hope ya'll have a great time.:thumb:

Discophobia
09-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Preach it Ho! I think Rowell should be ready, I understand he has been reading his how to coach a D1 Defense for Dummies and running through different schemes on his X-Box unlike last year when he prepared for the games with his old Atari football game so we might have a fighting chance.

Hemi Man
09-01-2011, 04:39 PM
NWSC 57 - TMTDM 37

Corey big stud and Defense will score TD, but Rowell good for give up at least two TD while he at concension stand getting cold drink and snack.

Nope!! We have hired 4 people from this message board to make sure uncle JR has everything he needs during the game. I will let you figure out which four they are.

Mr. Ho
09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Nope!! We have hired 4 people from this message board to make sure uncle JR has everything he needs during the game. I will let you figure out which four they are.

Mr. Ho guess Drew Champlin one...he always trying to get in good with coach staff.

Hemi Man
09-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Mr. Ho guess Drew Champlin one...he always trying to get in good with coach staff.

No he will be to busy covering the opening of high school volleyball in the area.

Mr. Ho
09-01-2011, 06:46 PM
No he will be to busy covering the opening of high school volleyball in the area.

Mr. Ho forget about high school volleyball season. John and Barry better be on best game itherwise write in Sunday paper a bit shady...

CavemanTroy
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Troy has an opportunity... The Trojans are lining up a bunch of upper classmen. Stands to reason, they should have the experience to know what to do and how to do it. If Clemson takes Troy lightly, they will lose. Hate to say: 30-27 Clemson.

TigerLight
09-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Clemson isn't taking Troy lightly at all... you'll have our full undivided attention this Saturday. We play Wofford next week for crying out loud - a true cupcake. Also, did you see our record last year? Totally unacceptable at Clemson... we're expecting a great competative game on both sides from you guys. It's my understanding you lost a ton at WR but have a solid RB and great QB. I think your DL may be a very suspect against our veteran OL. I'm expecting big things from our running game early on, which should open up the passing game if things are in our favor.

We're breaking in a new scheme on offesne - Chad Morris, so it will be a crazy packed house in Death Valley. Everyone is excited about the new offense... I'll be the first to tell you that Andre Ellington is a blazer, running under 4.4 at times and he's going to get his regardless of which team we play - he's that good. WR DeAndres Hopkins is a stud and should do big things this year. Our biggest question mark is can QB Tajh Boyd live up to the hype at Clemson? He was recruited by everyone under the sun out of highschool, so he has the talent - now it's just a matter of producing. He's getting his shot Saturday at 3:30.

The Clemson defense will be solid as usual. We lost 1 DE and 1 DL, but we're very experienced in the 2 deep on the DL, will be very little if any drop off. I honestly think DE Malaichi Goodman taking over for Bowers will be better at DE. Our secondary is talented but the 2 deep is inexperienced - starters are fine.

You're definitely not being overlooked, trust me when I say that...

Go Tigers! I'm pumped up - spot the ball!

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
just reading this thread and reading all the **** that you pitiful division 2 troy fans talked, it's seriously hilarious. "You'll see Clemson! You'll See! We're 1-17 against Division 1 teams, but you, Clemson, will SEE!"

LOL. You guys suck, and you always ****in will. Way too proud for a division 2 team.

FliryVorru
09-04-2011, 01:22 PM
just reading this thread and reading all the **** that you pitiful division 2 troy fans talked, it's seriously hilarious. "You'll see Clemson! You'll See! We're 1-17 against Division 1 teams, but you, Clemson, will SEE!"

LOL. You guys suck, and you always ****in will. Way too proud for a division 2 team.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2h6c74m.gif

redwaver
09-04-2011, 01:47 PM

You sound like a person that never played the game, or if you did you probably sit the bench, getting your jollies from actions others do that you never were capable of doing. Your comments remind me of the little league dad who stands at the fence yelling profanities at his kid for striking out when he himself couldn't make a team. You are also like the folks who decide to be a "fan" then your idea of support is to make the real fans of your team be embarrassed at your behavior. We have one or two of those but we ignore them...bet Clemson fans ignore you as well. If you think you will be good this year, think again. You might beat Auburn and a few others but you are along way from contention. Maybe with your young kids you will get there and then you can puff up and make an jerk out of yourself real often! You last won the pitiful ACC when?

TroyFootball05
09-04-2011, 03:21 PM
You sound like a person that never played the game, or if you did you probably sit the bench, getting your jollies from actions others do that you never were capable of doing. Your comments remind me of the little league dad who stands at the fence yelling profanities at his kid for striking out when he himself couldn't make a team. You are also like the folks who decide to be a "fan" then your idea of support is to make the real fans of your team be embarrassed at your behavior. We have one or two of those but we ignore them...bet Clemson fans ignore you as well. If you think you will be good this year, think again. You might beat Auburn and a few others but you are along way from contention. Maybe with your young kids you will get there and then you can puff up and make an jerk out of yourself real often! You last won the pitiful ACC when?

You know there's a real easy way to make these guys go away. But instead we fuel them with our "OH YEAH!?!? WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHAT MISTER!" Do you honestly think this guy is self aware enough to think "you know what, you're right, I had never thought about it like that. Man, I feel bad now." ? Not going to happen. The only thing that ever happens when we criticize the terrible behavior of others is they get defensive and pissed off, every single time and we end up wasting pages of message board space trying to prove our point. The best way to get rid of them is to smile, wave, say have a good day, and move on.

Trust me, I'm not bashing you, or hating on you. Just offering a suggestion on how to not keep these toolbags hanging around.

redwaver
09-04-2011, 04:06 PM
You know there's a real easy way to make these guys go away. But instead we fuel them with our "OH YEAH!?!? WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHAT MISTER!" Do you honestly think this guy is self aware enough to think "you know what, you're right, I had never thought about it like that. Man, I feel bad now." ? Not going to happen. The only thing that ever happens when we criticize the terrible behavior of others is they get defensive and pissed off, every single time and we end up wasting pages of message board space trying to prove our point. The best way to get rid of them is to smile, wave, say have a good day, and move on.

Trust me, I'm not bashing you, or hating on you. Just offering a suggestion on how to not keep these toolbags hanging around.
Then we should shut down the UAB thread but your point is well taken. It is all opinions! Go Trojans!!

JPSousa1898
09-05-2011, 12:05 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2h6c74m.gif

Thank you amigo! People like that don't need to be sullying their school on our message boards. They can do it on their message boards.

ArmyTrojan10
09-05-2011, 10:44 AM
If you been over to tigernet...this is Armyranger28....usually produces smart-a$$ comments and never thinks he is wrong...just ignore him

pelliott
09-05-2011, 02:42 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, not sure it is going to happen anytime soon. I have to admit, we are not as bad as the scored indicated IMO.

The reality of the whole deal is - take a Clemson for example - 80,000 seats a game vs. Troy - 30,000 seats a game. Clemson graduates say 12,000 a year - Troy graduates say 5,000 a year.

Now, start thinking $$$ - when you have a budget two or three times less than your opponent, it sucks. What could Troy do with twice as much money as we operate on now.

Don't get me wrong, I think we overachieve in many ways. I just think at the end of the day - we have got to have more $$$ coming to our program.

Now, if Clemson is so bad ass - come on down to Troy and play us. I welcome the opportunity!

JPSousa1898
09-06-2011, 12:45 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, not sure it is going to happen anytime soon. I have to admit, we are not as bad as the scored indicated IMO.

The reality of the whole deal is - take a Clemson for example - 80,000 seats a game vs. Troy - 30,000 seats a game. Clemson graduates say 12,000 a year - Troy graduates say 5,000 a year.

Now, start thinking $$$ - when you have a budget two or three times less than your opponent, it sucks. What could Troy do with twice as much money as we operate on now.

Don't get me wrong, I think we overachieve in many ways. I just think at the end of the day - we have got to have more $$$ coming to our program.

Now, if Clemson is so bad ass - come on down to Troy and play us. I welcome the opportunity!

THIS deserves Rep Points!

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
10-25-2011, 09:21 PM
How has this season worked out for you guys? Tried to tell you how good we were, tried to tell you our best player was a frosh, tried to tell you Clemson was here to stay. A team full of freshmen & sophomore stars, we're not going anywhere.

I must say. I was right.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Clemsongonnawhipyallsass
10-25-2011, 09:24 PM

^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHA. yea you're right, we're no good this year. LMAO. delusional fugn D-II fans.

noogatiger16
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I apologize again for this loser, admin please ban this jackass.

TroyTuba
10-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I think they did, we realize he does not represent the Clemson nation - your QB and Receiver are amazing

Troy79
10-25-2011, 09:57 PM
^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHA. yea you're right, we're no good this year. LMAO. delusional fugn D-II fans.

Dear ClemsonAss,
You obviously don't know the rule of bragging before the season is over, my guess is Ga Tech is going to open a can of Whupas on you boys and then we want to hear back from you after the game to remind us all just how gooooood you guys are and how you told us so....
Go TROY!

TUTrojan
10-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Dear ClemsonAss,
You obviously don't know the rule of bragging before the season is over, my guess is Ga Tech is going to open a can of Whupas on you boys and then we want to hear back from you after the game to remind us all just how gooooood you guys are and how you told us so....
Go TROY!

Karma is a real biyotch!

TroyTuba
10-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Ain't it, though?!!!!

TexasTrojan
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM

I sure did enjoy watching GT put the whoop ass on your boys:rollinglaugh: