PDA

View Full Version : CBS To Feature Dr. Long

TrojanWarrior418
05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.buzzmontgomery.com/news/local/cbs-evening-news-will-visit-troy-university-on-monday/20671

CBS Evening News with Katie Couric has announced that they are sending reporters Steve Hartman (from CBS Sunday Morning) and Lauren Wanko (from The Early Show) to the campus of TROY University to record segments of the Southeast Alabama Community Band rehearsal in Long Hall, under the baton of legendary bandmaster Dr. Johnny Long.

FliryVorru
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome.

Glad that Dr. Long is getting some national attention before he's off to the great band room in the sky. Hate to be morbid, but when you get to that age it's just one of those lingering things you think about every once in a while.

redwave
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
When/where will this be shown?

jgrimsley
05-03-2011, 11:09 PM
When/where will this be shown?

Don't know. If I find out before the broadcast, I'll be sure to post here.

TrojanWarrior418
05-10-2011, 05:19 AM
CBS 8 in Montgomery did a story about the feature:

http://www.waka.com/component/content/article/7264.html

From the CBS 8 Troy Newsroom-- CBS Evening News with Katie Couric has sent Reporter Steve Hartman to Troy University to do a story about the legacy of the Southeast Alabama Community Band.

Members of the Southeast Alabama Community Band are traveling hundreds of miles every week just to rehearse together, and CBS Evening News Reporter Steve Hartman says that loyalty has caught his attention.

The Southeast Alabama Community Band is being heard all the way in New York City, but the music wasnít all Hartman was hearing.

"What intrigued me about this band was that itís just not people from Troy. Itís people from Montgomery. And not just Montgomery. Not just Alabama, but they drive in from Florida and from Georgia," Hartman tells CBS 8.

Hartman is stopping by the community bandís Monday night rehearsal on Troy Universityís campus to find out why so many are traveling the far distance to play with the community bandís director Johnny Long.....

redwave
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you very much Trojan warrior!!!!! Dr. Long is a legend! Sometimes we don't know what we have!!!!!

troy4ever21
06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
zKxwBI_1D4E

redwaver
06-10-2011, 07:58 AM
zKxwBI_1D4E
Congratulations to a fine man and a Troy Legend! There is no better band in America than "The Sound of the South"! We go undefeated every year! Go Trojans...and SOTS!

TrojanSportsNow
06-12-2011, 07:32 AM
I figured I might as well join since you guys were posting my packages from youtube! thats how i found you guys so.. guess i should say thanks! Hope you've enjoyed them

JPSousa1898
06-13-2011, 12:10 AM
I figured I might as well join since you guys were posting my packages from youtube! thats how i found you guys so.. guess i should say thanks! Hope you've enjoyed them

That's a BIG 10-4 there buddy! Thanks for your hard work! You put a very good light on Dr. Long and the SOTS past and present!

BLOW SOTS!

tntrojan
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Can someone post a link to the actual CBS story?

troy4ever21
06-22-2011, 12:19 PM
It's not out yet...

jgrimsley
07-01-2011, 12:23 PM
According to a message I've received via FB:

According to Cassi Feldman, associate producer of "The CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley," the story by Steve Hartman on Dr. Johnny Long and the Southeast Alabama Community Band will run this evening, July 1, during the 5:30 p.m. newscast.

Please tune in to WAKA CBS 8 for a story close to home, or CBS affiliate in your viewing area! (Pass the news on!) www.cbsnews.com will have more information about viewing times in your area.

donnabrock
07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
According to a message I've received via FB:

According to Cassi Feldman, associate producer of "The CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley," the story by Steve Hartman on Dr. Johnny Long and the Southeast Alabama Community Band will run this evening, July 1, during the 5:30 p.m. newscast.

Please tune in to WAKA CBS 8 for a story close to home, or CBS affiliate in your viewing area! (Pass the news on!) www.cbsnews.com will have more information about viewing times in your area.

For those who didn't get to see it live, here's the video link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7372027n&tag=mncol;lst;2

NICELY done. THANK YOU, Dr. Long, and GOD BLESS YOU!