PDA

View Full Version : 2005 season

troystfan
08-29-2005, 09:35 PM
We may have covered this before, but despite my attempts to be optimistic, this makes me a little pessimistic at times:

TROJANS YOUNG FOR 2005: The 2004 Troy football team was a senior dominated club, but with the departure of 27 seniors, the 2005 team will have a much younger look. The Trojans feature just 14 seniors in 2005 to go with 26 juniors. Those numbers are dwarfed by the 30 true freshmen and 18 redshirt freshmen on the squad.

The 2005 senior class is loaded with experience, however. Four of the 14 -- corner Johnny Faulk, punter Thomas Olmsted and linebackers Bernard Davis and Leverne Johnson -- are three year starters. Three others -- corner Adrian Ghent, and defensive linemen Larry Brown and Torre Lankford -- have extensive experience as starters.

But, it is possible that as many as 27 first year players could see action early in the season for the Trojans.

STARTING EXPERIENCE THIN: With the limited number of seniors returning for the Trojans in 2005, it only stands to reason that players with experience as starters would be limited as well. On the offensive side of the ball, only six players have ever started a game for the Trojans and only two, receiver James Earl Cray and fullback Sean Dawkins, could be considered returning starters.

On the defensive side, there are seven players back for this season who have started games in the past. The most experienced of that group are back Johnny Faulk, tackle Torre Lankford, and linebackers Bernard Davis and Leverne Johnson.

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&url_article_id=833&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I know we still have plenty of talent, although young, I just hope they pick up the system in a hurry.

OzzieYITBOS
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM
After reading about the 2005 Troy football team I have to believe your early season success will depend on your coach. Mantaining the momentum from last season will be tough if the team starts 0-2. Starting 2-0 with new talent will be a real credit to LB.

dfarr
08-31-2005, 07:27 AM
no chance they start out 2-0. uab is going to kill troy. im even more sure of it after reading this thread.

ksdtrojan
08-31-2005, 07:56 AM
that is your problem. You make comments based on other peoples' views. When the season opens we will see how competitive each squad will be. Don't think for a minute that just because UAB shows up they will win. I promise it wont be that easy. I hope UAB players are as OVERconfident (COCKY) as you are about your matchup with TROY. Worry about UT first, then worry about TROY. I hope you beat UT because that will make it even sweeter when the TROJANS beat UAB in TROY.

TrojanWar
08-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Nah, I hope UT beats UAB by 100. If UAB never won another game, it would not hurt my feelings. Troy should beat UAB in MGVS. I'm positive of that.

Navarre Trojan
08-31-2005, 09:03 AM
I hope that the JV never wins another game. I hope Rocky Top beats them by 100 also. Then they come to the Gallery and get another butt whippin! These PROGNOSTICATORS amaze me. Everyone, to a person, has said how much better the O line is this year, how much better the receivers are this year, how much more patient and accurate Carl is over Leak or McDowell, Remember we went 7-5 last year WITH A FRESHMAN QUARTERBACK THAT DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF ON THAT TEAM! These folks try to make something out of nothing, don't have a clue what type of talent is at Troy. They look at the numbers, see who graduated, make some sort of prediction, and move on. I think we will all be surprised as to how good this team is. I have seen them practice, I will agree that we are small, but let me tell you something, they are STRONG and extremely FAST. I just hope they build a "chip for their chests" by game time and carry it throughout the season, especially on the road.

Go Trojans