PDA

View Full Version : PLAYSTATION ALL-AMERICANS

TrojanManiac
10-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Some things never change around here.

I take a sabbatical from posting to go serve our country here in the sand and check back in today and see that its business as usual.

Championship talk when we win, end-of-the-world when we lose. We love you when you win, fire him if we lose.

People taking offense to comments made about Trojan loyalty and jocks challenging the geeks to do a better job, etc.

MESSAGE TO TROJAN NATION:
WE ARE NOT WORLD-BEATERS YET.

ALSO:
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT BASED ON WHAT WE PAY THESE COACHES? LB INCLUDED.

We all talk about we need to do on the field, but it doesnt matter. Bobby Bowden calls it the "PLAYSTATION ALL-AMERICANS" mentality. People that think they know whats best judging by their "experience" or "knowledge" based mainly on their computer game experience. I think thats the perfect analogy. Armchair QB is what our nation has become in every facet of society.

Yes, we have the freedom to express our concerns. Thats the main reason I am where I am as I type this, kicking rocks and sand in the desert. But c'mon, man. Lets be adults about this stuff. Some of the people on this board using the most abusive language are in the ministry. That doesnt make sense. I understand personalities, but there is a difference. Practice what you preach. There are people complaining on this board who have never taken a snap at any level above Pee-Wee level.

Yes, we have flaws in our schemes, but you can either be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution. You are neither on the sidelines and in the stands, so make your point and let it stand. Lets not make personal jabs or take offense when someone tells you that your point is obsolete or is not realistic.

Then again, what would a message board be without in-fighting among the ranks?!

I'll get back to work now.

Carry on, everyone.

Navarre Trojan
10-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey Maniac, FIRST - Thank you for what you are doing for us in the Sand Pile!!

Now, I understand what you are saying, and sometimes we, the fans, get frustrated with the play on the field. BUT THIS IS A SENIOR LADEN TEAM, their is NO EXCUSE for being 112th (ballpark) rated offense in Division 1!! That is pathetic. What is even more pathetic is that it has been this way since these guys were freshmen. Hansel Bearden would be at least as effective in the offensive scheme!! We are down right pa-the-tic, and LB knows it. Dewitt gets over a 100 yards rushing and we throw for 78 and get sacked 4 times for minus 39, and on and on and on!!

I think you will see DRAMATIC changes SOON in our offensive personnel and play selection. Off-season, might even see a move or three!! I hope so, but I don't own a PlayStation!

Now, do we throw in the towel? absolutely not. We still have a reasonable chance at 7-4, but I think if we get our heads on straight, we can compete Saturday night. If we can generate ANY OFFENSE and play opportunistic football we can be right there. IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN, who cares who goes to New Orleans, at 8-3, upsetting Marshall, Missiouri, and LSU, we would have an opportunity at an "at large" birth in several bowls - they won't care about the losses. Many of the "tie-ins" are not going to be met by the big conferences. No way will the Big 12 have 7 or 8 eligible teams (only have 6 teams in the south and that includes Baylor!).

That's my observation over a team that WE ALL KNOW has talent, yet we seem to play up (or down) to the competition, that is C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G not anything else.....

Navarre Trojan
10-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Hey Maniac, FIRST - Thank you for what you are doing for us in the Sand Pile!!

Now, I understand what you are saying, and sometimes we, the fans, get frustrated with the play on the field. BUT THIS IS A SENIOR LADEN TEAM, their is NO EXCUSE for being 112th (ballpark) rated offense in Division 1!! That is pathetic. What is even more pathetic is that it has been this way since these guys were freshmen. Hansel Bearden would be at least as effective in the offensive scheme!! We are down right pa-the-tic, and LB knows it. Dewitt gets over a 100 yards rushing and we throw for 78 and get sacked 4 times for minus 39, and on and on and on!!

I think you will see DRAMATIC changes SOON in our offensive personnel and play selection. Off-season, might even see a move or three!! I hope so, but I don't own a PlayStation!

Now, do we throw in the towel? absolutely not. We still have a reasonable chance at 7-4, but I think if we get our heads on straight, we can compete Saturday night. If we can generate ANY OFFENSE and play opportunistic football we can be right there. IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN, who cares who goes to New Orleans, at 8-3, upsetting Marshall, Missiouri, and LSU, we would have an opportunity at an "at large" birth in several bowls - they won't care about the losses. Many of the "tie-ins" are not going to be met by the big conferences. No way will the Big 12 have 7 or 8 eligible teams (only have 6 teams in the south and that includes Baylor!).

That's my observation over a team that WE ALL KNOW has talent, yet we seem to play up (or down) to the competition, that is C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G not anything else.....

TrojanManiac
10-20-2004, 07:24 AM
And I agree with all of them. I expect many changes real soon. For some reason, TROY just has a hard time getting up for the smaller games now. Its hard to comprehend, but coaching plays a big part of that. The military is very comparable, if you dont motivate your people and prepare, you dont win.

Have fun in Louisiana, if you go. I would be there with bells on. It will be the most exciting environment we have played in yet.

TrojanFan2
10-20-2004, 07:27 AM
99% of college get better week after week unless they suffer a serious injury to a key player. We seem to be either very good or very bad. We are too inconsistent to progress every week. We need to change some things and start improving.