PDA

View Full Version : Walton's Miller to join Troy football as preferred walk on

Pensacola Kid
04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Miller, who threw for 2,865 yards and 30 touchdowns for the Braves as a senior, was extended an invitation to join the Trojansí program next fall as a preferred walk-on in 2011. As a preferred walk-on, Miller will report to Troy next fall not on scholarship but with a spot on the team already secured...

http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/articles/walton-3979-wemcvarsity-troy-walk.html

Surf Report:
The winds went offshore around 11 last night and unfortunately, they have quickly blow down what little waves we had. The surf is only in the knee high range and will be unrideable before you can get on 'em.

Rette
04-06-2011, 07:43 PM
:thumb:http://images.onset.freedom.com/wemcvarsity/lfe8os-lfe8e100pliammillerweb.jpg
YouTube - Liam Miller, QB, Walton Braves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs865awXHIw)

Discophobia
04-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Good for him! He looks impressive, has kind of an Omar type quick sidearm release. I wonder where his receivers are going to school....some of those guys looked pretty decent. Welcome to TROY Mr. Miller.

dgoebel
04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Another guy who was a prefered walk-on was Tyler Clark. He turned out to be one of the best to ever wear a Trojan uniform. You never know who the next one could be.

GunSlingers
05-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I've seen this kid play since he was a Junior. He's the Real Deal. I've seen him make some great throws and he is a great team leader. Don't be surprised to see this kid vying for a starting position in a couple years...Extremely underrated.

trojanbrutha
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I've seen this kid play since he was a Junior. He's the Real Deal. I've seen him make some great throws and he is a great team leader. Don't be surprised to see this kid vying for a starting position in a couple years...Extremely underrated.

Thanks for the head-up, GunSlingers ans welcome to GTT.com! It looks like we're putting together another talented stable of QBs...the only problem I can see with it is some attrition and/or position changes, down the line. With guys like Liam, Luke Barnes, Dallas Tidwell...there are just so many snaps and years to go around. Hopefully, they'll bond together like Levi, Jamie, and Tanner. The offensive future is very bright for the Trojans!

GunSlingers
05-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah your right. Troy is deep at the QB position but i personally think the Miller kid has expierience in the spread from HS and he'll fit in right away. I actually was surprised to see him as a "preferred" walk on. He has the talent for a scholarship. Troy got a good football player with him

CHughes1102
05-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah your right. Troy is deep at the QB position but i personally think the Miller kid has expierience in the spread from HS and he'll fit in right away. I actually was surprised to see him as a "preferred" walk on. He has the talent for a scholarship. Troy got a good football player with him

Expect to see him 3rd of 4th string.