PDA

View Full Version : Troy Area Apartments

CHughes1102
03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Discuss which Apartments in and around the Troy area are the best and tell why. Living in Dorms is not the best place to go in my opinion, so I feel that we should share some info on which Apartments would be the best to live in.

TroyDrum89
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
This all really depends on whether you have a scholarship or not. If you have one that covers on-campus, the best choice (IMO) is the Village. It's close to campus and you don't have to worry about commuter parking.

On the other hand, I have several friends that live in the surrounding apartment complexes. From what I've gathered, the best place to live is really The Grove. The many features they have in the complex is what sells the place. With the apartment, you get a full kitchen, full-sized bed, completely furnished with washer/dryer, cable, and internet. Also, you get full access to a fitness center, a pool, a lounge, a basketball court, and a sand-pit volleyball court. The price is what really turns people off, but I hear it's well worth it because the cost of living includes ALL of these things plus the utility bill. I've also heard that they work closely with the Financial Aid office at the University to use scholarship/loan/grant funds to help pay for the Grove's costs.

I personally live on campus (Trojan Village) and I love it.

PCTrojan
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
If you have a roomate that you want to live in something other than an apartment you can always stay in Hunter's Mountain. If you are people who pay your bills, you won't have to deal with the clubhouse often. There is a pool, basketball court, and a workout facility, however the big perks to me is the free internet and cable TV, also free is water and pest control.

I know they are trailers but I have had a pretty good experience in my time here. I am lucky enough to deal with a private owner and I do not have to have any contact with the clubhouse.

CHughes1102
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
BUMP

Any more suggestions?

MusicMan
03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I hate The Grove and Troy Place, but that's just a personal opinion. I live at Willow Terrace right now, and me and my roommate pay about 350 bucks a month, 40 bucks less than I payed at Troy Place two years ago, and The Grove was higher than that. I don't have to worry about people coming into the complex at 3 in the morning blaring (c)rap music, no offense to those that listen to it, I just can't stand waking up to it that early/late. The management can be hard to deal with, and they're really strict, and the other downside is that the washers and dryers aren't in the rooms, but they're in the same place as the fitness center, and it's a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry, and it's an older place, but it's a lot nicer than Troy Place or The Grove, but it comes unfurnished. There's my opinion ;)