PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Show

faithintsu
08-22-2005, 01:57 PM
So I know we have alot of Sound of the South members visting the forums (current and past members), and we all want to know what the show is about this year?

What songs are yall playing?

bulldogtrojan
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
The first show has a latin theme - Virgin de la Macarena, Shake Senora and Sway. It is awesome. I saw them last Thursday at the end of camp and it was really loud. The arrangements are excellent. I saw on their website that they are planning a 40th reunion show for Homecoming - yes the Sound is 40 years old this year. I hope all you band ho's will come back. I'll be there.

tupianoman
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Yes! The first show is awesome! La Virgen de la Macarena is fast and exciting and it feels like we're marching drum corp. Shake Senora is our production number and we've got a conga line going too. So it's gonna be a great show this year! :D

goe1975
08-22-2005, 07:30 PM
SOS doing a corps style show? What the #*&#? Are the Summer Games rubbing off? Well, as long as you are not doing Children of Sanchez. I kid. That is actually my favorite thing y'all do. I loved the direction Robert Smith was taking the music (away from the tired J long old school style). Maybe this will be an exciting new direction! Can't wait to see the show!