PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this board?

reded
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
There have been no recruiting posts in almost thirty hours and no football posts in the last sixteen. Are we missing Cattouse fan's reports or do we just have no idea what is going on. Do you think the coaching staff is stifling leaks from their offices? Have Drew's information resources dried up? It seems that FIU and WKU are doing quite well and their success is being publicized. The good news is that we are in a position to sign and place a player with an LOI limit of twenty eight. At any rate, this is the slowest that I've ever seen a recruiting board during the week before signing day. Anyone have an opinion as to why?

Hemi Man
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems as if the information comes in waves and then stops for a short period of time. Drew is the only real source we have in recruiting news. Rivals and Scout usually are behind on the news and they are probably getting from Drew's blog anyway. The never get the count right on commitments. They count the grayshirts twice so on and so forth. I just follow along with Drew he is the best source we have right now.

DChamplin
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Trojans are almost full. I mentioned Luverne OL Robert Freeman saying he was going to sign, but there may not be but just a few more commitments between now and Wednesday, and most of those will end up being sign and place (or grayshirt) guys, but not all.

Troy signed 6 in midyear and brought in 3 grayshirts, so that's why there doesn't seem like there's that many commitments at this time

redwaver
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know exactly how many scholarships we had and how many we have left? There are a few really good looking kids visiting these last two weekends so do we have the capability to sign them should they chose Troy?

reded
01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Six of these players go on last years quota because they were midterm recruits. The rest go on this years. so it appears that we have ten or eleven scholarships left. The total allowed is twenty eight and we have gotten commitments from seventeen or eighteen.

Troy87
01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Keep in mind we are limited to 85 overall players on scholarship. We only had 20 seniors this past season. I don't see us having a big class this year.

btrojan
01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
we have had several quit this year that should free up their spot from last yr.
2 Qb's
2 WR
1 OL
1 LB

That is just off the top of my head

trojanbrutha
01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Let's not get too wound up about recruits being publisized through the recruiting services. The players that the coaches have targeted, they have gotten and that's the most important thing. We are in good shape and Drew has us up-to-the-minute. It would be nice to have updates from CF, but we don't. It's unfortunate, but he may have responsibilities that are preventing him from contributing at this time. We'll make due until the LOIs have been faxed in...

Hemi Man
01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
we have had several quit this year that should free up their spot from last yr.
2 Qb's
2 WR
1 OL
1 LB

That is just off the top of my head

I believe two of those scholarships were filled with some late fall signees.

CardinalBlackTrojan
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Is there any way we can get a person to get the Troy Rivals site up and going again?? FIU, North Texas, WKU, MTSU, and even ULM have their Rivals sites updated all the time with information. Yet the best football team in the conference hasn't had it's site updated in nearly 3 years. Something is wrong with that picture....

Hemi Man
01-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Is there any way we can get a person to get the Troy Rivals site up and going again?? FIU, North Texas, WKU, MTSU, and even ULM have their Rivals sites updated all the time with information. Yet the best football team in the conference hasn't had it's site updated in nearly 3 years. Something is wrong with that picture....

There was an effort made to get it back up and going back around september, but I'm not sure what happened with the effort.

trojanbrutha
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
We have to understand that there is no presence of TROY fans on any other board like there is here. We should maintain our loyalty to this board and spend time spreading the word of the Trojans on other boards...

Mike Cunningham
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
We have to understand that there is no presence of TROY fans on any other board like there is here. We should maintain our loyalty to this board and spend time spreading the word of the Trojans on other boards...

Amen!

Discophobia
01-27-2011, 10:35 AM
GTT.Com is it for me.....everything else is just trash. Mike does a great job with this board and I really appreciate his efforts.

Mike Cunningham
01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
GTT.Com is it for me.....everything else is just trash. Mike does a great job with this board and I really appreciate his efforts.
Oh there is so much more we want to do. It's going a bit slower then I would like but we'll keep it going and keep adding features to make everyone's experience here even better.

TROY is big time, so there is big time expectations for the GoTROYTrojans.com website.

CardinalBlackTrojan
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM

I don't care to get the Rivals message board going, this is THE board for Trojan talk. but it would be nice to have another website making some articles about Troy like the Rivals site used to.

trojanbrutha
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't care to get the Rivals message board going, this is THE board for Trojan talk. but it would be nice to have another website making some articles about Troy like the Rivals site used to.

Our Dear Leader thinks outside of the box, as should we...I am not advocating less trafic to the board; on the contrary, spreading the word means just that...