PDA

View Full Version : Is Troy Recruiting Florida Other Than The Panhandle?

dgoebel
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Just wondering? A lot of talent down my way here in Central Florida not to mention Orlando, Tampa and South Florida. I am hoping Troy is recruiting these areas. When I signed in 1986 we had from Pensacola to Miami and points in between and Troy was DII then. Hope we get some of the talent and speed from this area.

reded
01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
LB says that he starts in Troy and works his way outward until the class is full. All things being equal, Troy will take the local guy. It certainly makes sense since a local player is likely to draw more people to a game. There are many other valid reasons, I just picked that one for an example. Last year he got down to your neck of the woods by taking Dionte Ponder from Trinity Catholic. I believe that he was the (non Juco) signee located the greatest distance from Troy. Last year there was a lot of "local" talent. Most years Troy recruits heavily in Central Florida. Coach has mentioned this in print and during at least one press conference

trojanbrutha
01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Just wondering? A lot of talent down my way here in Central Florida not to mention Orlando, Tampa and South Florida. I am hoping Troy is recruiting these areas. When I signed in 1986 we had from Pensacola to Miami and points in between and Troy was DII then. Hope we get some of the talent and speed from this area.

I would think that you could send an email to one of the coaches if you think there's something they're missing out on...They can tell you who's recruiting in your area.

Discophobia
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM
I would think that you could send an email to one of the coaches if you think there's something they're missing out on...They can tell you who's recruiting in your area.

You are correct. In the past I have emailed coaches about different players that I thought they should check out and they always responded. Edenfield will email you back right away from his Blackberry. Some guys arent on their radar so I would hope they like getting a heads up about some talent no matter where the player is located.

tenaciousT
01-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Isnt Duan Harris from S. Florida? We normally have 1 or two guys from S. Florida in most classes. You can go look at the Rivals and Scout websites to look at past recruiting classes

dgoebel
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Dujan was from Brooksville which is just south of Ocala. We have had two LB's from Ocala commit. One to Western Michigan and the other to FAU. There is talent everywhere in the south part of the U.S. I was just hoping there are taking a look at this area of Florida because if we can get a player or two away from FAU or FIU it helps.

reded
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
according to Drew's article, FIU offered the DE from Foley,so it seems that they may be recruiting in our back yard.

Tums
01-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Troy mainly recruits AL., GA., & FL.. It is hard to deny the fact that the last 2 National Champs had most of there players recruited from Alabama. If you go to TROYTROJANS.COM and look at the roster you will find what you are looking for. Almost every year you will find 10 to 15 players from Ocala down thru the Miami area.

GoTroyGo1
02-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Anywhere from Jacksonville to Pensacola should be Troy's recruiting turf IMO. Lots of great HS players , especially from the smaller, rural, schools. We have a great record of getting "steals" that some bigger schools pass up, that should be our bread and butter. There are more than enough players in GA, AL and the FL Panhandle. I think Troy has enough of a reputation out there now that we don't need to be getting into FIU and FAU's rice bowls.