PDA

View Full Version : Great UAB Quote

kiwan
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
This is Carlos Hendrix talking about teamate Darrell Kackney.

One day I was doing it and he got down there with me," said Hendrix, a Blazer cornerback. "Ever since then, he's been down there with me every time. It was kind of shocking to me, but now he can go just as long as I can go and just as fast as I can go."

Wonder what they are talking about? :oops:

TUFAN
08-16-2005, 09:00 AM
I wish I had thought of that. I read that article, but that put a new light on the whole thing!

BlazerSax
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Throwing passes.

TUFAN
08-16-2005, 12:58 PM
No - they were actually talking about doing sit-ups and push-ups, but I like the above take better.

troy4ever
08-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, they were throwing some passes to one another I'm sure! :lol:

Lord-Mustang
08-17-2005, 01:06 AM
kiwan, as ill-minded as you might be...if you had read the article, instead of trying to run it through the gutter, you would have posted this with it...

Darrell Hackney never used to do more than watch his roommate's nightly workout routine. Pushups? No thanks. Situps? Yeah, right.

The UAB quarterback, whose on-field exploits were at times overshadowed by his bulging weight last season, didn't want to get off the couch and join Carlos Hendrix.

pkf4troy
08-17-2005, 01:23 AM
I like the other version better. You a UABlah sympathizer?

Lord-Mustang
08-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Do I LOOK like a frackin UAB sympathizer? It does however bother me that these guys get out there...no matter what team it is...and risk life and limb for somebody to come along and try to make light of it. I know full well what can happen physically. I tore up a knee in HS football, so coming from a family where my 4 older brothers played ball, it's tough to not feel the pressure of friends and family NOT to go out and play and mostly....perform. The scares never go away, and the pain never stops. So, now that i'm off my soapbox, don't just take lightly what any athlete gets out there and does, day in and day out.

TUEngineer
08-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Well said, Mustang...

kiwan
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Dude, did not mean to hit a nerve. I played ball too and understand what it takes. Just making a little UAB humor?

TrojanWar
08-17-2005, 09:33 AM
I didn't think you were being disrespectful Kiwan. Just keep in mind that we have some of the most sensitive posters on the net. Anything making fun of UAB is funny by me and should not be considered direspectful to fellow Trojans. We should all be enjoying the negative posts towards UAB. Many have been very comical to say the least.

TUEngineer
08-17-2005, 01:24 PM
War, you know I'm not among the "most sensitive posters on the net." I just think it was a bit immature, even UAB-like. Posting something like that and finding it humorous is like when you're in 3rd grade and you're learning basic biology/anatomy and the teacher says "penis" and the kids laugh. :?

TrojanWar
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
True, but just because we might not find it all that funny does not mean someone else did not. It was not terribly crude, just childish. I say big deal. Remember, even in the 3rd grade there are students that don't laugh. Anyway, there was no real harm done so unless the mods decide the line was crossed, let's just continue making fun of UAB in whatever way we choose as long as it's not vulgar.

Troy87
08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
TUEngineer

There are now many UAB posters snickering and giggling because you wrote the word "penis"...After all many are just now getting to that biology/anatomy stuff.

TrojanWar
08-17-2005, 02:04 PM
LOL Troy87. Great way to get back on track!

TUEngineer
08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good point!

TUFAN
08-17-2005, 04:22 PM
That was funny as heck, and I can't believe anybody could over analize a joke - injured your knee in high school? Give me a break !!