PDA

View Full Version : Troy University for elevation to a higher conference

Pensacola Kid
01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Nice!

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=13825539

Surf Report:
We are in for a cold, flat spell for the rest of the week. The water temp is 56 and could be dropping even more with all the cold weather we are having this week. Low tide at the pier around 5 am. Today will be sunny and cold. Highs only in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph becoming 5 to 10 in the afternoon.

A flat, cold week is ahead. Next chance for waves will be on Monday.

troy4ever21
01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
This is fantastic! Way to go WSFA! This just shows the ignorance that many kittie and elephant fans display. Like the editor said, take a trip to Troy before you start spouting off that our facilities aren't up to par. When in fact they exceed most other mid-major programs. I can't wait until Trojan Arena is complete! GO TROJANS! :thumb:

troy4ever
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Our University is CONSTANTLY changing. I arrived on the campus in 2000 and left in 2004. In my time there, there was always some type of rennovation or campus expansion going on. Since I've left, it's REALLY taken off and everytime I go to Troy I drive around campus just to see what projects they have going on. When I took some of my students there for a camp this summer, I think I counted 5 or 6 different projects going on.

The fact is, Troy University is growing and changing every single day and for the better. Some resent the changes happening around the university...especially some of the locals. But these are things that have to happen if we want to continue to see our university flourish.

We will continue to be treated as the red-headed step child of the state by the likes of Alabama and Auburn. It's no different than how Alabama treated Auburn for the longest time. Just know that when we're treated like that, it's not necesssarily because they think we're inferior to them. It's because they see the potential we have to challenge them.

TrojanWarrior418
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I was at Troy for the better part of a decade (don't ask) and in that time I saw: VMS renovated, Pace-Riddle Field Renovated, The addition of the new track/soccer field, The renovation of Clements Hall, the construction of Trojan Village Apartments, The building of the GAB (I hear it has a name now), renovation of the Adam's Center, renovation of Bibb Graves Hall, addition of Hawkins Hall, the construction of the new quad, renovation of Smith Hall, Janice Hawkins Park built, SAGA redone.

Since I've left we've broken ground on the Trojan Arena, are buidling a new dining hall, renovation of the music building, and the Adam's Center has had more work done to it. I wish I only knew what else was on the table.

FliryVorru
01-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I wish I only knew what else was on the table.

Ask and ye shall receive. According to the Troy University Strategic Plan for 2010-2015 (http://intranet.troy.edu/keydocuments/documents/2010-15-SP-Fulfilling-the-Promise.pdf), the following items are goals for the next five years:

3.4.3. - By 2015, complete construction and/or renovation on Alumni Hall, a North End Zone facility, an additional residence hall on the Troy campus, renovate Sartain Hall and add a wellness and fitness center, complete Janice Hawkins Park and Amphitheatre, renovate Stewart Hall for academic purposes, and update and/or expand facilities for the tennis program.

AND it also says:

3.8.4 - Troy University Athletics will be the premier program in the Sun Belt Conference and will be positioned for viable candidacy for any future Conference Expansion and/or Realignment.

newnan trojan
01-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I wish Troy CITY would catch up with the University....The city needs a face lift and need to work harder at getting more industry and businesses

Lowbacca
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
They're doing that. Troy is turning itself into a data hub for first Southeast AL, then the South itself.

GoTrojans
01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Hold on just a minute.....Troy has an actual campus?

Tums
01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I wish Troy CITY would catch up with the University....The city needs a face lift and need to work harder at getting more industry and businesses

Troy has had a new WAL-MART built everytime Troy football went up a Division. ;)

NAIA to DII Wal-Mart took over the Big K Shopping center

DII to D1AA New Wal-Mart built @ Troy Market Place

D1AA to D1 Troy got the current Wal-Mart SUPER CENTER

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TroyDrum89
01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Hold on just a minute.....Troy has an actual campus?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=troy+university,&sll=31.802346,-85.959692&sspn=0.017142,0.02914&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=1.03&hq=troy+university,&hnear=&ll=31.801251,-85.954628&spn=0.017142,0.02914&t=h&z=15

newnan trojan
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Troy has had a new WAL-MART built everytime Troy football went up a Division. ;)

NAIA to DII Wal-Mart took over the Big K Shopping center

DII to D1AA New Wal-Mart built @ Troy Market Place

D1AA to D1 Troy got the current Wal-Mart SUPER CENTER

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i guess when Troy moves to a different conference we will get a Sams Club?

troy4ever21
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
So i guess when Troy moves to a different conference we will get a Sams Club?

Lol! I'm hoping for a Target. :thumb:

newnan trojan
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Target isnt too far off now that Dothan has one.....Troy needs a Publix!

troy4ever21
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Target isnt too far off now that Dothan has one.....Troy needs a Publix!

That I would agree on. Publix are great stores and Troy needs a "nice" grocery store other than Walmart...