PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial weekend visit list

trojanbrutha
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Unofficial weekend visit list (http://www.gulfeast.com/dothaneagle/dea/troy_blog/comments/unofficial_weekend_visit_list/169438/)

January 07, 2011
By Drew Champlin

Hereís a list of prospective weekend visitors for Troy this weekend that Iíve been able to compile. This is a list that can change at any second. Itís a short one, as the big weekend will likely be next weekend, when Troy has a home basketball game, and the one after that.

trojanbrutha
01-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Daron White has committed...
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/player/_/id/105021
and rivals...
http://rivals.yahoo.com/troy/football/recruiting/player-Daron-White-109478;_ylt=AmjkQG5WARFmGVPXcGTBWnoxuJB4

Swordsman
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Who is this guy? Zero stars??

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, Elon Phoenix, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers was the targets? Is this someone we need?

trojanbrutha
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, Elon Phoenix, Coastal Carolina Chanticleers was the targets? Is this someone we need?

According to a write-up from Drew, he missed some combines due to a hamstring injury...flying under-the-radar :thumb:

GoTrojans
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Josh Jarboe had a bunch of stars...Anthony Williams had a bunch of stars. Bear Woods had exactly 0 stars, Tyler Clark, how many stars did he have...oh ya he had exactly 0 stars. Do you think "stars" mean they WILL be a great player? I don't think so. I trust this coaching staff....

Pcbtrojan
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Josh Jarboe had a bunch of stars...Anthony Williams had a bunch of stars. Bear Woods had exactly 0 stars, Tyler Clark, how many stars did he have...oh ya he had exactly 0 stars. Do you think "stars" mean they WILL be a great player? I don't think so. I trust this coaching staff....

You can add two Pro Bowl defensive lineman to that list too! 94 & 72

trojanbrutha
01-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Stars are just the "norm" when talking recruiting, but it has more to do with "who" the coaches choose. A lot of the small HS may have kids that go unnoticed, but the coaches' connections bare fruit...:thumb:

Swordsman
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Good grief! I get so tired of people on this board jumping on others posts and arguing everything that is posted. I am not a new poster, but this is the reason I am not more active on the board. I read it multiple times a day, but do not post because of things like this. It gets old to see people have to defend everything that they post. I know we are trying to build up our forum and frankly this is the type of stuff that drives people away.

No, I do not think that stars makes a player. I was simply using the stars and targets as an example as to why we (at least me) have not heard of this player. Sometimes kids commit to a school on their own without them actually being a target of the coaches. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are getting a scholarship they just commit. I was just curious if this was the situation since the name has not been discussed before. Just a simple question, I didn't need the lesson on how stars do not mean anything.

TheRomanHeart
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Good grief! I get so tired of people on this board jumping on others posts and arguing everything that is posted. I am not a new poster, but this is the reason I am not more active on the board. I read it multiple times a day, but do not post because of things like this. It gets old to see people have to defend everything that they post. I know we are trying to build up our forum and frankly this is the type of stuff that drives people away.

No, I do not think that stars makes a player. I was simply using the stars and targets as an example as to why we (at least me) have not heard of this player. Sometimes kids commit to a school on their own without them actually being a target of the coaches. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are getting a scholarship they just commit. I was just curious if this was the situation since the name has not been discussed before. Just a simple question, I didn't need the lesson on how stars do not mean anything.

+ Infinity

trojanbrutha
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Ok...point received...can we keep this about recruiting and not look at it as some type of personal attack?

If there's more to come, would you take it to PMs?

Swordsman
01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
trojanbrutha i agree with you this should stay recruiting and i am not taking it as a personal attack as this happens to everyone that posts, but people need to know that this kind of crap is hurting our forum base. i think we can see this by RomanHearts reponse.

with that said i will say nothing more on this thread about it.

do we have any big names that might surprise everyone on signing day?

trojanbrutha
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
We're just waiting to see what else Drew has about the next two weekends...I guess CF will take us through the LOIs on signing day...