PDA

View Full Version : Somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN this to me!

Chris_the_DesTROYer
08-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok, I have had enough!

I purchased two miniature Troy helmets...one from Schutt and the other is Riddell.

They are different colors!!!

Observe... http://www.geocities.com/griggsy930/troy.jpg

In the picture, they both look much lighter...making the Schutt helmet on the right look almost red. Despite that, you can still tell there is a substantial difference in color between the two. Looking at game pictures...the Riddell helmet (on the left) looks closer to the real color...but the Troy shield on the helmet is candy-apple red. This can't be right!

I've been unable to get a satisfactory response about what "cardinal" is exactly.

So I ask you...what IS Troy's color? I don't need a color code, because obviously that is inaccurate. I saw on here where someone wanted to ensure Troy colors had not been mistaken for Crimson. But why not? I seriously can't tell a difference between cardinal, crimson, garnett, scarlet, etc. Some of the pictures I have seen of Troy helmets have varied from almost fire-engine red to purple!
Can someone please explain in relative terms? ("it is darker than crimson" or "it has more of a purple tinge than scarlet")
That's all I ask, really. As a distance student I've never had the opportunity to attend a Troy game so I've not seen it in person.

A little help please. Sorry for the rant.

-Chris [/img]

TUEngineer
08-11-2005, 01:32 AM
The helmet on the left looks more accurate.

I guess this is a good comparison?

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Troy.gifhttp://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Alabama.gif

Tony Ferrante
08-11-2005, 07:46 AM
I know you don't want a hear a specific color code, however, that's what it boils down to. PMS 202. That is our color cardinal.

There are a number of reasons every item produced in cardinal is a different shade. Different types of fabric will produce different shades of a specific color.

As for the helmets. The Schutt and Riddell helmets that the team wears are painted and reconditioned in two different places. Because of this, they do not exactly match. However, the difference is not noticable from the stands, much less standing a foot in front of them.

I cannot explain why the mini helmets are so different in color. But when we were matching paint last year for the new helmets. Both companies started with the same sample.

Basically, unless the same company makes every item that we want in cardinal, we will never get the same shade.

Green&Gold
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Have you guys ever used a black helmet with the new logo? I think that would look pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to my first visit to Troy, AL on 9/10.

Sarahbelle
08-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Have you guys ever used a black helmet with the new logo? I think that would look pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to my first visit to Troy, AL on 9/10.

We had black helmets before we started using the current helmets during last season, but with the old logo, not the new.

JaredMc
08-11-2005, 10:05 AM
The black helmets are being used for practice. Plus, last year we didn't use a logo on the black helmets the game we wore them, and it looked pretty good.

TSUWhiner
08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
ok duh...one helmet says Troy..the other says Troy Trojans..the one on the left is the accurate helmet duh

Chris_the_DesTROYer
08-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the insight. Good explanation about the various companies doing their own 'version' of cardinal.

On thing I've noticed about shades of red is that lighting makes a BIG difference in what the color actually looks like. I guess I can see where there would be confusion.

Whiner-- good catch! I didn't notice that before!

JaredMc
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
actually, the one on the left's logo is wrong, the one on the right is correct, but the color is wrong. So if you combine the 2, then it would be correct, but neither one of them is 100% accurate.

Trojans1andAll
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I see no difference in the helmet stripes.

The Riddell helmet on the left is more accurate in color, but the sticker on the Schutt helmet is more accurate. Like JaredMC said, if you combined them you get your most accurate helmet.

my $.02

GO TROJANS!

Troy93
08-11-2005, 05:49 PM
I would take the Schutt helmet as well. I have actually. More teams wear Schutt now as compared to Riddell.

LSUConnMan
08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Anyone know a good site to pick up a full size helmet?

Lord-Mustang
08-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Well that would depend LSUConnMan...which team? Troy or LSU? Authentic or Display only?

LSUConnMan
08-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Mustang...I've been looking for the new Troy Helmet (authentic...i hate those cheap replicas). I know helmethead2 on ebay is great, and this site is really good too: www.3inthekeysports.com/home_page.htm Unfortunately, neither have the troy helmets yet. But I figured some of the hardcore troy fans on this site already acquired a couple...and fan day is only a couple of weeks away, so time is of the essence.