PDA

View Full Version : New Troy fan here

PistolChad
12-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Hello,

I am an Oklahoma State alumnus and was at the OSU - Troy game this year in Stillwater. I have always been was pretty impressed with the success of your program so far during your short time in I-A (FBS). It is absolutely amazing to me to see a program come so far in just a decade.

The New Orleans Bowl was very entertaining too. Being very familiar with Frank Solich from his Nebraska days, I was pretty surprised how easily Troy beat Ohio.

With all the conference expansion / realignment going on, I wonder what Troy alumni and fans think the future might hold. It seems like it is only a matter of time before the Big East expands again. If that happens, a Conference USA team would likely be the target. If that happens, looking at other teams in the CUSA footprint, it appears to me Troy is by far the most appealing program to get invited to CUSA. I wonder if UAB would be opposed to it?

It is my understanding that in 2013, South Alabama's football team joins the Sunbelt. Are Trojans looking forward to that?

Congrats on your success and I'm glad that Oklahoma State doesn't have to play Troy next season!

trojanbrutha
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the thoughtful and gracious commentary of the Trojans...it's sort of a mutual admiration society among or fan bases. We welcome you and hopefully we can keep you up to date and vice versa. Some of us look forward to systematically dismantling them in 2012, their first taste of conference play...

Go Trojans!!!