PDA

View Full Version : With Your Shield or On It

Burn the Horse
12-20-2010, 09:30 PM
After five strait titles and an impressive New Orleans Bowl victory it's going to be harder than ever to make it through Sun Belt Conference play next season. The target has already been securely fastened to our backs for some time now, next year that target will have a big torch attached to it.

It is going to take the mindset of a warrior to continue our dominance. Alright Larry, "With Your Shield or On It." Go get us a Sixth Ring. :thumb:

nohuddle
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Huh?

Burn the Horse
12-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Huh?

what exactly did you not understand? :rolleyes:

CHughes1102
12-20-2010, 10:43 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/gif86.gif

nohuddle
12-20-2010, 10:50 PM
My bad, I'm not up on the warrior lingo. Got it now.

svenattroy
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
In Sparta, the males would be told that, when they went to battle, to return either "With Your Shields or On Them." It basically means that you went into the battle prepared to die...

I guess in this connotation it means that we either win the conference title again, or we go 0-12.

Also - *straight

Pcbtrojan
12-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I think the Spartan King had a little to do with the fall of Troy though:)

Burn the Horse
12-20-2010, 11:19 PM
In Sparta, the males would be told that, when they went to battle, to return either "With Your Shields or On Them." It basically means that you went into the battle prepared to die...

I love ancient warfare refences when it comes to TROY. anything associated with the Trojan War should be used by our school/AD for mascot/program purposes IMO.

Yarddog
12-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Yes, that is probably not the best quote to use at Troy since Menelaus was responsible for gathering all the Greek states to fight Troy after Paris stole his wife.

His Brother Agamemnon was commander of the Greek forces. Agamemnon was married to Helen's Sister Clytemnestra.

Also Menelaus was one of the Greeks inside the Trojan Horse.

Probably a better one would be, "keep the Palladium in Troy and we will never be ultimately defeated.

Yarddog
12-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Another thing we should do at Troy is always believe Laocoon when he says there are soldiers in that horse then when Poseidon sends snakes to kill Laocoon and his Sons, we should jump in and kill the sea serpents first.

svenattroy
12-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Another thing we should do at Troy is always believe Laocoon when he says there are soldiers in that horse then when Poseidon sends snakes to kill Laocoon and his Sons, we should jump in and kill the sea serpents first.

Sea Serpents? Such as the Blazers?

Closest thing to a sea serpent that I can think of!