Overall-85
DL-68
Sec-75
LB-91
ST-47

**Our defense is going to murder you**

dfarr
08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
first, yall criticize cfn for not being very good at evaluations. now, when the stats are in your favor you use them to your advantage. which way's it gonna be sarah?

anyway, our lb's are so low because we lost 3 starters. however, i believe our new starters are faster than the ones from last year, which should help our coverage, but that wont matter since your passing game is worse than a peewee league team's.

our secondary is ranked low basically because it was terrible last year. we had a sr. cb get hurt last spring and get a medical redshirt, so he's back now. we also had a freshman playing cb last year, but he has another year under his belt. once again, our secondary wont matter, see above comment.

i feel sorry for you d-line though. we return 4 starters on the o-line and 2 tailbacks that had a combined 1300 yards or so.

these stats do nothing but make me more confident that we will be the crap out of u.

ksdtrojan
08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
dfarr wrote:
i feel sorry for you d-line though. we return 4 starters on the o-line and 2 tailbacks that had a combined 1300 yards or so.

Thanks for the concern but don't worry about our D-line! They will shut down the Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah-zer offense, because though they didn't start last year we consistently substituted players on the defensive front, line backers, and secondary all season. We are also returning our top two tacklers from last year led by outside line backer #27 Bernard Davis.

TroyPremier
08-09-2005, 09:57 AM
first, yall criticize cfn for not being very good at evaluations. now, when the stats are in your favor you use them to your advantage. which way's it gonna be sarah?

anyway, our lb's are so low because we lost 3 starters. however, i believe our new starters are faster than the ones from last year, which should help our coverage, but that wont matter since your passing game is worse than a peewee league team's.

our secondary is ranked low basically because it was terrible last year. we had a sr. cb get hurt last spring and get a medical redshirt, so he's back now. we also had a freshman playing cb last year, but he has another year under his belt. once again, our secondary wont matter, see above comment.

these stats do nothing but make me more confident that we will be the crap out of u.

I believe that Sarah's post was made in a sarcastic tone. We already knew that our defense is amazing. We don't need a shady online writer to tell us.

GO TROY!!

Sarahbelle
08-09-2005, 10:01 AM

I believe that Sarah's post was made in a sarcastic tone. We already knew that our defense is amazing. We don't need a shady online writer to tell us.

GO TROY!!

You'd be correct, Premier...hence the reason I just copied UABHoops post and sub'd the defensive rankings.

Sarahbelle
08-09-2005, 10:02 AM
dfarr wrote:

Thanks for the concern but don't worry about our D-line! They will shut down the Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah-zer offense, because though they didn't start last year we consistently substituted players on the defensive front, line backers, and secondary all season. We are also returning our top two tacklers from last year led by outside line backer #27 Bernard Davis.

They re-ran the Troy/Mizzou game the other night on one of the ESPNs and I kept a close eye on BD. He did a good job getting in Brad Smith's face all night...I feel confident he's going to step up comfortably into DW's place on the team.