PDA

View Full Version : bobcatAttack

Troytrojan2009
12-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Go check out their forum.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/forum.asp?PID=6

They are saying a lot of the things we were saying earlier this season such as I'm tired of spending money on this team...etc!

Man I'm so glad we won the Bowl Game! Its great to be a Trojan and end this season on a high!!!

Trojan TKE
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Unless the ones posting are some of the 400 students that the school bused down they have no right to complain. No one else spent any money on the Ohio program in New Orleans. There was no one there for them. You have to spend the money before you can complain.

SOTSButterfly
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I like this quote from one of their posters:

After seeing Troy last night, I have no idea how they lost 5 games this year.

If we had played all season like we did Saturday night, that number probably would be much lower! I'm very proud of how they played at the bowl. :thumb:

troy4ever21
12-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Troy needs to start offering students the packages that Ohio offered their students. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Pee Wee 26
12-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Troy needs to start offering students the packages that Ohio offered their students. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Really good idea... Those Ohio students seemed to have a good time & did travel pretty well. That package was a great idea by their school.

CHughes1102
12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Really good idea... Those Ohio students seemed to have a good time & did travel pretty well. That package was a great idea by their school.

Except it costs the University a fortune to do that lmao

Pee Wee 26
12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Except it costs the University a fortune to do that lmao

Good point in the current year. But over time, the kids that are travelling could convert to be die-hard fans. Maybe call it an "investment"? Some of those pay off and some don't. I never spend a dollar, but don't mind making an investment :).

MusicMan
12-20-2010, 05:34 PM
What if we could get a student/alumni organization that would allow us, the students, to have a package like the Ohio package that the alums agreed to pay part of? Let me just put this scenario out there:

Travel Expenses: 200 per person
Room: 525/ night (I know that's what the going rate for the rooms in the Marriott were, I think)
Ticket: 40 (not sure here, someone else can fix this if need be)

Total Package: 765 for a two day, one night trip.

Now, if a student could get a few alums supporting him for this, or the university, or other students who couldn't go to the game, or students, like SOTS or the players and coaches themselves, would donate money towards a general fund that would allow our students to go at a discounted price, who wouldn't take the deal? Especially around Christmas time, although I know the final price would probably be a far cry from Ohio's 40 bucks a student, 100 per student is better than almost 800...just my opinion

Nice Trojan
12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
What if we could get a student/alumni organization that would allow us, the students, to have a package like the Ohio package that the alums agreed to pay part of? Let me just put this scenario out there:

Travel Expenses: 200 per person
Room: 525/ night (I know that's what the going rate for the rooms in the Marriott were, I think)
Ticket: 40 (not sure here, someone else can fix this if need be)

Total Package: 765 for a two day, one night trip.

Now, if a student could get a few alums supporting him for this, or the university, or other students who couldn't go to the game, or students, like SOTS or the players and coaches themselves, would donate money towards a general fund that would allow our students to go at a discounted price, who wouldn't take the deal? Especially around Christmas time, although I know the final price would probably be a far cry from Ohio's 40 bucks a student, 100 per student is better than almost 800...just my opinion

I like that idea in general. I like the fact that the Marriott rooms were only $85 a night instead of $525 better. So in reality if you packed 4 students to a double bed room, each student would pay $22 a night. I think if they did something like this, you would include ticket, hotel and bus trip over there. But they would be on their own for meals and drinks (especially alcohol). But i think it is a cool thing Ohio did and Troy should put together something like that. An "escrow account" for student bowl travel.

When we buy our bowl tickets, or even season tickets, there could be a section on there that asks if you want to donate an amount to the "Student Bowl Fund".

Burn the Horse
12-20-2010, 08:32 PM
This was my favorite.

Congratulations Troy. You looked like 5 time conference champions. You looked like a team that has had 160 plus wins under a good coach in the past 20 years. Oh, and you showed us that even though our team is getting better there is still another level. We are still at the contender level you are at the champions level. We still need to be stronger and faster. I believe we have athletes returning with it in them to make those gains. I hope they have the desire to do the work. Time for some all-americans and all-mac types to grab this team and demand they work harder than ever before to get on the other side of these battles. Oh, to this years seniors, good job, you did make Ohio the contender that it is. That was no mean feat. Ohio does stand for winning now. Let us hope the future can evolve that into championships. - Bcat2