PDA

View Full Version : Coaching additions

cville
12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
From footballscoop.com

Troy: Our sources tell us Charleston Southern wide receivers coach Patrick Nix is a candidate to join the Troy coaching staff.

In what capacity?

trojanbrutha
12-20-2010, 09:33 AM
From footballscoop.com

Troy: Our sources tell us Charleston Southern wide receivers coach Patrick Nix is a candidate to join the Troy coaching staff.

In what capacity?

That would imply 1 of 2 things: Edenfield likes him for QB coach, or we have moved to replace one of the coaches that will be promoted once Edenfield has left the building. Should be interesting to see how this works out, though...

Hemi Man
12-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Patrick Nix as a quarterback coach?

trojanbrutha
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Patrick Nix as a quarterback coach?

Stranger things have happened...he was a QB at one time, no? :redface:

Troy87
12-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Stranger things have happened...he was a QB at one time, no? :redface:

Yep! He was a QB at Auburn and then was the OC at Georgia Tech and Miami (the one in FL).

IF....and I say it's a big if,.......KE does leave, I think Patrick Nix is not a bad choice to replace him. I also think he would be a good QB Coach too. If you follow the line of thinking that if KE stays at Troy, he will likely be pulled away to a bigger school someday soon, and if Nix were the QB coach behind him, he would be the instant successor to the OC position. Either way, I think Nix would be a good addition to the staff.

TroyReceiver
12-21-2010, 08:18 AM
I think he would be a great addition as a QB coach. But I think he was run out of both GT and Miami as their OC. I Can remember Cane fans hated him as OC.

If KE leaves I think we promote from within or look for someone who has the same offensive philosophy. JMO

Hemi Man
12-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Yep! He was a QB at Auburn and then was the OC at Georgia Tech and Miami (the one in FL).

IF....and I say it's a big if,.......KE does leave, I think Patrick Nix is not a bad choice to replace him. I also think he would be a good QB Coach too. If you follow the line of thinking that if KE stays at Troy, he will likely be pulled away to a bigger school someday soon, and if Nix were the QB coach behind him, he would be the instant successor to the OC position. Either way, I think Nix would be a good addition to the staff.

I like the idea of Nix as a quarterback coach. I'm not sure he fits our OC position right now.

Navarre Trojan
12-21-2010, 08:27 AM
I think he would be a great addition as a QB coach. But I think he was run out of both GT and Miami as their OC. I Can remember Cane fans hated him as OC.

If KE leaves I think we promote from within or look for someone who has the same offensive philosophy. JMO

TTech to a repeat season and they end up in the highly under rated "Ticket City Bowl" we have a chance at their OC!!!!!

Pee Wee 26
12-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Agreed...

number1troyfan
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
"Like" the official facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-STAY-Coach-Edenfield/141248225930143?v=photos&ref=ts#!/pages/Please-STAY-Coach-Edenfield/141248225930143