PDA

View Full Version : SBC Bowl Record Predictions

EverythingTrojan
12-19-2010, 01:33 PM
It's difficult for me not to cheer for a 3-0 SBC bowl record. However, after reading "Too Big For The Belt" post, a 2-1 bowl record will be fine with me. I wish MTSU good luck in representing the SBC in the GoDaddy.com bowl. As for the FIU fans, being thankful for going bowling and being better sports will bode well for you.

likesturtles
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
That poster isn't the entirety of FIU's team and coaches, who are being sent to one of the most ill conceived games in bowl history. I hope they go up there so angry they annihilate the team they're playing. As for MTSU... meh, I hope they get stomped. I know the arguments about wins for the Sunbelt and blah, blah, blah, but I just don't like them anymore and want them to fail miserably. And theoretically, if they get embarrassed on national TV, recruits and future coaches won't want anything to do with them. If it was FAU I'd feel the same way. That's what good rivalries are all about. True hatred on the field of play. haha!

I hope Cristobal and his boys have a good game and make the most of what is going to be a crumy Christmas season for them. It's Detroit for Pete's sake. Kinda hard to get excited about that for any reason unless you like cold weather and snow.

trojanbrutha
12-19-2010, 01:54 PM
It's difficult for me not to cheer for a 3-0 SBC bowl record. However, after reading "Too Big For The Belt" post, a 2-1 bowl record will be fine with me. I wish MTSU good luck in representing the SBC in the GoDaddy.com bowl. As for the FIU fans, being thankful for going bowling and being better sports will bode well for you.

Take into consideration that that is one person. More may share his sentiments, but he's just one that is opinionated against TROY to the Big Easy. For the SBC to pull itself out of the 'worse conference' perception, we need ooc and bowl wins, as a conference.

Take a look at this blog post and tell me how eerily similar in scope and ideology it is to tbftb...hmmm

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/owlthingsconsidered/2010/12/saturdays-daily-briefing-troy-should-have-turned-down-new-orleans-bowl-invite.aspx

jagd1305
12-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I have to agree that 2bigforhispants is just a single poster of many. We all have such fans. I traditionally do not pull for MT for anything but this holier-than-thou perspective that other conferences have of the belt has got to be dealt with. We've been hearing the put downs from other conferences for too long. This bowl season for the belt is the perfect opportunity to approach this issue with one conference. I have no personal beef with the MAC but I truly want to see MT and FIU shred their opponents in their respective games. What happened last night in New Orleans was no fluke. It was typical belt speed unleashed in fury form on a large slow moving MAC team. I see no reason why MT and FIU won't do the same thing in their bowls. After bowl season I'd like to see belt teams turn the worm against OOC's next year.

Trueblue147
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
As a Blue Raider fan I usually pull for Troy to lose, but not in OOC games and especially bowl games. I was pulling for you guys and glad you stomped Ohio and made the Sun Belt look good. I guess my thoughts are first, improve the perception of the Sun Belt and second improve MT's standing within the Sun Belt. I know a performance like the NOB will help Troy in recruiting, but I also know it will help the Sun Belt's perception. If Troy has a better team next year because of their bowl success, that's fine. We will just worry about that next year when we play you guys.

trojanbrutha
12-20-2010, 11:30 AM
As a Blue Raider fan I usually pull for Troy to lose, but not in OOC games and especially bowl games. I was pulling for you guys and glad you stomped Ohio and made the Sun Belt look good. I guess my thoughts are first, improve the perception of the Sun Belt and second improve MT's standing within the Sun Belt. I know a performance like the NOB will help Troy in recruiting, but I also know it will help the Sun Belt's perception. If Troy has a better team next year because of their bowl success, that's fine. We will just worry about that next year when we play you guys.

You can get a few rep pts for that because most feel the same way. All SBC teams should have common goals in raising the perception of the league. We may have to root for each other from time-to-time, but we can "not" like each other on the schedule when we have to play :thumb:

Trojan TKE
12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Here are the facts as a boy from Maylene sees them:

I don't like either of the SBC teams that still have games to play. However, I will root harder for MTSU and FIU than I will for AU or UA because those teams winning will do more for Troy. Imagine if we finish 3-0. ESPN forced to talk about the Sun Belt, the much maligned little pool of college football, as the champion or the co-champion of their "Bowl Challenge" with a 100%. That would make Stuart Scott gag and its my duty as a Trojan to try to make ESPN announcers as uncomfortable as possible.

Trust me, its gonna hurt. But I have to root for these guys.

MusicMan
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm with Trojan TKE, it's going to hurt, but I've pulled for MTSU already this season, against FIU, and I think it's going to pratically kill me to pull for FIU....but I guess I'll do it for our conference and for the betterment of TROY and the 'Belt

likesturtles
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I have to admit, I really don't see how MT (or any other conference team) winning their bowl helps us or the Sunbelt in general. Unless you're a fan of the teams playing or have some affliation with them, people watching the game randomly will have no idea who they are or what league they play in. A potential recruit watching will think "Hey, they look good, maybe I'll apply there." They don't say, "Hey, maybe I'll apply to all those other schools in the Sunbelt cause MT looks good." Fans of teams we've played in the past don't say to me, "Wow, the Sunbelt really plays hard." They say, "Troy plays hard and we never want to go through that again."

Or maybe it's just me. When I watch a random game on tv I don't know what conference most of the teams are in. I don't even think I could name all the conferences. And I honestly don't care about any of them, so I just figure most people don't care about the WAC, MAC, 2PAC, or any other conference they aren't part of.

TFan
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Can't wait to whup ya'll next year!!:wave:

How 'Bout those TROJANS!

MusicMan
12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
I have to admit, I really don't see how MT (or any other conference team) winning their bowl helps us or the Sunbelt in general. Unless you're a fan of the teams playing or have some affliation with them, people watching the game randomly will have no idea who they are or what league they play in. A potential recruit watching will think "Hey, they look good, maybe I'll apply there." They don't say, "Hey, maybe I'll apply to all those other schools in the Sunbelt cause MT looks good." Fans of teams we've played in the past don't say to me, "Wow, the Sunbelt really plays hard." They say, "Troy plays hard and we never want to go through that again."

Or maybe it's just me. When I watch a random game on tv I don't know what conference most of the teams are in. I don't even think I could name all the conferences. And I honestly don't care about any of them, so I just figure most people don't care about the WAC, MAC, 2PAC, or any other conference they aren't part of.

To individuals, I think you're correct, but as a national group, it does help. ESPN, CBSsports, and all of the other sports networks have a large impact on how recruits view our conference, and our school. As a recruit, would you rather play for the "worst conference in the nation and the best school in it" or would you rather play for "one of the best Non-AQ conferences and one of the best teams in the conference"? It also helps to have big name players in the NFL helping the individual schools and the conferences. If you can play up a conference like the Belt, there's no need to move to a conference that you can surpass, C-USA, and eventually you'll pull schools from the surpassed conference into your conference, making it even better because you can pick and choose what teams you want to keep and what teams you want to kick, and eventually, you'll get to play a conference championship game and possibly get picked up by a AQ conference, or actually become one.

This is all just MHO btw